Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can someone give me the quick and dirty on CPPD?

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Can someone give me the quick and dirty on CPPD? Empty Re: Can someone give me the quick and dirty on CPPD?

Post by Ex Member Mon 03 Oct 2016, 21:29

LOL yup buds its a load of stuff for sure but not that much for you to fill out if I recall correctly I filled out some stuff and the dates and stuff I couldn't remember I left blank till my doctors apt and filled that out there .  be nice to your doc when you give him his pile that's a guy you want on your side .

propat

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Can someone give me the quick and dirty on CPPD? Empty Re: Can someone give me the quick and dirty on CPPD?

Post by Vet1234 Mon 03 Oct 2016, 20:57

I just downloaded the CPPD application kit... it's like 40 Pages!
That's a lot of ink.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 03 Oct 2016, 20:55

I have to agree also.
But for God's sake, do your homework!
Because none of us deserve a bad boomerang.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Sat 01 Oct 2016, 21:59

Yep have to agree with Propat you just don't know what could happen in the future APPLY APPLY APPLY!!!

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Oct 2016, 20:58

pinger ya I get that but I really think just because you are on ELB doesn't mean CPPD will not help you no kids and RISB in place forever it will still help many and will hurt no one . apply I say . even if you do all the calcs and are positive your sit or the legislation will not change apply anyway because you never know .

no need to apply for ELB if I'm getting SISIP right ???? they will not change one without changing the other ... ya never know .

it takes ya a week to mow the lawn but want to do it anyway .. good for you on your breaks apply for VIP !!!!

ya think that will not end but the old guys get grandfathered ???? we have seen what lengths the GOC will go ref ;; buyout .

apply for everything you are entitled to my friends .

hope for the best plan for the worst .

I have .

I really hope EVERY vet in this country has as well . if they have not I hope everything works out great for them . but then again I hope for a lot of things .

vets benefits effect a small demographic so they are fair game . CPP/CPPD they WILL NOT frack with that outside of improving it . that I will guarantee you .

might be just my paranoid mind here but.....

ya really think this government and all the ones in the future are done robbing vets benefits ????

I say not a chance in hell !!!!!!

be prepared .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Oct 2016, 20:30

oh ya back to the point if ya only get 1 year retro you will only be libel for 1 year overpayment on ELB . I'm guessing with the 5 kids all in it will be ABOUT half your FULL retro .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Oct 2016, 20:26

ya buds I do think I recall that mine went back to the disability or close witch was about 2 years but I did here that changed . sorry if their was any confusion was just throwing a numer in their for an example . I just throw numbers out their sometime for examples like in the above " SAY 5 years " or " ARROUND 1000 a month " due to lack of specifics but you get the point . but ya hared they dropped it to one year just forgot thus used a poor example .

RDSP I checked last month for someone that is still 10 years or was as of last month lol. DTC was 10 years but ill take another look at it tomorrow things do change .

thanks for the correction vet its very much appreciated

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Sat 01 Oct 2016, 20:07

propat wrote:ya buds ELB reduces the amount you get for CPPD I'm guessing around 1,000 a month FOR YOU give -take . so if you get retro for say 5 years and you were on elb for all of those 5 years they consider that an overpayment for those 5 years and DVA will want that back .

its no biggie buds if you get accepted for CPPD soon as you get your check put it in that account and let DVA know ASAP . they will let you know what you owe . pay them soonest out of that account and your done . with 5 kids you should have a good chunk left .

propat

I was just reading up on CPPD and it looks as if they will only pay up to one year in back pay. I'm not sure I interpreted it correctly though.

"If you are eligible under the terms of the
CPP legislation, your disability benefits will
start the fourth month after the month you
are determined to be disabled. You may
receive up to a maximum of 12 months
of retroactive payments from the date
your application was received."
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sat 01 Oct 2016, 18:44

bigrex and propat, you both have really good points.

propat wrote “ again everyone's situation is different . “

For propat, one vet could be a 64 or (66) y/o in a nursing home while another is a 30 y/o ghan vet with wife and 5 kiddies. Case in point for different situations and what they may or may not have applied for, let alone being aware of benefits that are available to BEGIN with.

bigrex wrote... “ I won't tell anyone not to apply, but they should be aware of the ramifications, both positive and negative, before doing so. “

Positive and negative? Certainly. But between hindsight and foresight, your really lucky if you have the prudence of foresight.

Kinda like... “ Ohh..nooo : (   WTF !  Was that a banana peel ?
Honestly officer I didn't see it.

And to Vet1234, At the end of the day, you really are your own best advocate . . .
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Oct 2016, 14:36

oh ya like I said its a little bit of a hassle for sure bet well worth it . id rather have my CPP at 65 than not have it . I mean I ran a lot of different numbers against that RISB and come to the conclusion most will not see dime one from this thing and those that do will see very little . I'm positive you have said similar yourself .

so losing all or half or whatever part of CPP at 65 to me is worth the hassle RISB or not .

these politicians took a 2.4 mil pain and suffering benefit and turned it into a 250,000 dollar buyout for EVERY disabled vet from 06 on . will these evil frackers eliminate a 2-3 hundred dollar benefit effecting very few vets ??? don't know but if they did they wouldn't even bother giving it a second thought .

they should be aware of the hassle sure don't disagree with that but wen you said .

" As it stands now, other than the dependent amounts, there is no real reason for anyone on EELB to apply for CPP(D). "

I strongly disagree .

maybe with no kids and predicting not having any or remarrying a woman with kids after a divorce you don't see coming you know for some reason for sure the RISB will still be their AND you will some how be getting a thousand dollar or more plus from this thing before taking CPP into account witch would be very very few relatively speaking . well in short if you can see the future and the above things pan out sure I guess maybe . if you have or see that you will get the DTC without being on CPPD . yup its not a qualifier for sure but they do look at it .

I say its a no brainer .

apply apply apply .

don't trust me or anyone look at the facts and trust yourself .

aint no one gonna take care of you but you certainly not the GOC .

YOU are the person you need to trust .

figure it out and take of yourself .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 01 Oct 2016, 13:21

See, those are the types of headaches that I just don't want to deal with. Since I'm on EELB and have a CF pension, if I received any back pay, They would expect me to pay $230 for every month of the overlap as overpayment to the CF pension office, and pay the entire amount per month for overpayment of EELB. So if I got a years worth of backpay, at $1000 gross per month, but the actual payment was $800 after taxes, They would expect me to pay back the full $1200/mo, which would cost me almost $5000 out of my own pocket. Then I would have to wait for VAC to recalculate what my ELB should have been, because they now they will have deducted too much for my CF pension for those months, and wait for CRA to recalculate my taxes, because now I will have paid taxes twice on the effectively the same money. All that, and I still wouldn't get a single dime more than I currently do while on EELB, all on the chance that in the next 20 years, they will have eliminated the RISB, or ceased the CPP clawback.

I won't tell anyone not to apply, but they should be aware of the ramifications, both positive and negative, before doing so.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Oct 2016, 11:54

ya buds ELB reduces the amount you get for CPPD I'm guessing around 1,000 a month FOR YOU give -take . so if you get retro for say 5 years and you were on elb for all of those 5 years they consider that an overpayment for those 5 years and DVA will want that back .

its no biggie buds if you get accepted for CPPD soon as you get your check put it in that account and let DVA know ASAP . they will let you know what you owe . pay them soonest out of that account and your done . with 5 kids you should have a good chunk left .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Sat 01 Oct 2016, 09:56

propat wrote:GREAT STUFF VET ya want you to know in advance if you get retro witch I expect  you will owe a lot of it for overpayments . I recommend putting the retro in a separate account and don't touch it till the payments are made so you don't find yourself in a spot .

propat

What do you mean about overpayments? Is that because I would've received the full amount for EELB and it shouldve been reduced by the amount of my CPPD?
Therefore VAC would get the retroactive CPPD amount?

I'm going to do everything you mentioned above Propat. I wish VAC was this helpful.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Oct 2016, 01:34

oh ya forgot to mention anything from the RDSP is not deducted by RSIB . .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next