Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silence on Life Time Policy

+22
Panserbjørn
By the Bay
bog6
czerv
Teager
BinRat
AirLog
Supremedebater
Dannypaj
Armygunner
propat
Rubicon
SaintJohn18182
vaincre
bigrex
bosn181
Vet1234
Teentitan
pinger
Iceman
LostTrucker
johnny211
26 posters

Page 34 of 35 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Go down

Silence on Life Time Policy - Page 34 Empty Re: Silence on Life Time Policy

Post by Guest Tue 28 Nov 2017, 20:46

Vet1234 wrote:Im an NVC vet.  Released in 2010.  I don't really understand how the pension or "option" would be better for me..
Im 36, married with 5 kids.  Currently I receive EELB, CIA2/S, VIP, FCRB and am waiting for a decision on CPPD+child provision.  Last fall I did run into issues renewing my mortgage because I don't work and my "benefits" arent guaranteed and my CM wouldnt certify that i would be taken care of indefinitely.  I know that at 65 I would only make 70% of my benefits.  I honestly don't know why a pension would be the better option..  I'm not arguing against it,  I just dont fully understand.  Also,  30 years is a long time....  what stops the government from cutting or changing the benefits they promised me in my approval letters?  

Key word guarantee!
Also even ten % is a few hundred a month makes a difference if a person is working for minimum wage.
Some have to fight many times for their proper percentage while dealing with employment restrictions.
Just want the guarantee,that's all.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 28 Nov 2017, 20:40

Vet, even if you end up getting a full monthly pension, you should still get your full CIA/CIAS, EELB, FCRB, CPP and VIP benefits without any reductions. I would also like to see them bring back the Attendance allowance under this new plan because it will put more money in the pocket of Veterans. Based on the criteria for the FRCB, I cannot see any current recipient getting the minimum AA, which is the only level of the five available, that is less than the FRCB amount, but can be as much as $21696/yr.

Plus, as far as the PA is concerned, because it is tax free, the banks add 30% to your pension amount, for the sake of calculating a Gross income.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Tue 28 Nov 2017, 20:28

is that in addition or instead of the benefits i currently receive?
That doesn't answer anything for me. I already know your position on CIA and loss of career advancement Bigrex, it doesn't sit well with me honestly. I leave the forces as a captain and get stuck at 90% with 15 years left to serve, thats a steep hill to climb saying I wouldnt have career progression. i really just want to know how the pension would be better for me, under the scenario i layed out.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 28 Nov 2017, 20:11

I've said before that it should be a monthly lifelong pension, with an option to take a certain amount upfront as a lump sum

Ex: Three Veterans are each approved for a $1000/mo pension. Veteran #1 chooses to take a reduced monthly pension for 5 years, because he has a job, but needs money for a down payment, and pay off bills. They then calculate $500 x 60 months = a lump sum of $30000, plus the $500/month. Cola would then be added to the monthly amount, as if no lump sum had been received. After 5 years, the monthly pension is paid at the full amount.

Veteran #2 decides to take 5 years of pension entirely as a lump sum, because he has a good job, and doesn't need that monthly income to survive. So then they calculate $1000 x 60 months = for a lump sum award of $60000. Then after 5 years, the pension starts being paid monthly, with the applied COLA for those 5 years.

Veteran #3 is not working, so he takes the full pension, on a monthly basis, as per normal.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Tue 28 Nov 2017, 20:01

Im an NVC vet. Released in 2010. I don't really understand how the pension or "option" would be better for me..
Im 36, married with 5 kids. Currently I receive EELB, CIA2/S, VIP, FCRB and am waiting for a decision on CPPD+child provision. Last fall I did run into issues renewing my mortgage because I don't work and my "benefits" arent guaranteed and my CM wouldnt certify that i would be taken care of indefinitely. I know that at 65 I would only make 70% of my benefits. I honestly don't know why a pension would be the better option.. I'm not arguing against it, I just dont fully understand. Also, 30 years is a long time.... what stops the government from cutting or changing the benefits they promised me in my approval letters?
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Tue 28 Nov 2017, 19:15

On Vac,s website;
Q56. When can we expect an announcement about a benefit for life option?

You can expect this announcement in 2017. Canadians can rest assured that Canada’s Veterans are receiving the financial support promised.
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Nov 2017, 17:58

johnny211 wrote:Ha JT, tick tock, tick tock,  Time is running out. 12 business days now before the circus in Parliament breaks for the silly season. Where the heck is the Life Time Policy announcement..? Get on with it..
Johnny Out..VVV...

Did they give a date for this option Johnny?
This year next year or the ten year plan like most of their announcements.

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Tue 28 Nov 2017, 17:22

Ha JT, tick tock, tick tock, Time is running out. 12 business days now before the circus in Parliament breaks for the silly season. Where the heck is the Life Time Policy announcement..? Get on with it..
Johnny Out..VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Nov 2017, 13:38

I do have children and grandchildren and the liberals are alot more dangerous then trump in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Sun 26 Nov 2017, 10:54

what we need is get rid of senate enforce the rules they went to the usa first then they should not be allowed to cross over and claim refugee status here been watching a few things where they are using the exact same stories in many of the cases because they know thats the story thats needed to let them stay as for giving away so much money to other countries instead of taking care of our own thats out to lunch in my head seems like we trying to be the worlds new hipster send us everyone you don't want and we will hook them up in our new housing program all i can say i am glad i didn't have or want kids so they won't have to be around when it all goes to turds at some point someone has to pay for all these programs and seeing how the rich are able to continue to find new ways of not paying there share the only thing left down the road is to cut funding and programs and benefits and pensions until then keep your chin up stay positive and enjoy what we can while we can

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Nov 2017, 10:45

I don't disagree with the actions the US administration is taking
To protect American citizens! I have zero faith in the Canadian
Immigration system or legal system as far as protecting Canadians. You are right reform on all levels is required including our voting system. PMO has to much power with a majority government.

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Sun 26 Nov 2017, 10:31

the system of rules needs to be changed so we don't have to keep paying them off the lawyers know how to play the system and they the ones getting the money for these people that should not be allowed until we change the rights and say you go out of our country for these reasons you are no longer a citizen we can't keep letting them come in leave and live else where having duel citizenship taking advantage of the system only coming back when you need to sue us or get free health care if we continue down the path we are on then we will end up getting our own version of a trump voted in

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Nov 2017, 10:09

My concern is the trade off to the country as a whole.
The fact he stated that old stock Canadians discust him and his immigration policy is designed to eliminate us is warped thinking. What you stated as benefits was court recommended if I'm not mistaken and would have likely been implemented anyway, teen would have more insight on this. Paying these terrorist without court setting a price is a plate of dung I don't like like being forced to swallow. The cons out weigh the pros in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Sun 26 Nov 2017, 09:44

mixed emotions i still think my vote went to the right place seeing i was 3b retired in 2008 95% disabled and former gov took away my life long pension.  i try to look at how my life has changed under the new gov and at least i got a small increase in my lump sum and did go up 15% on my ELB hopefully they continue to fix the past mistakes nothing happens fast and although there are many things i don't like about this party in my personal case they have done more for me and my family than previous gov so lets just hope this return to life long pensions is not a joke at the end of the day and that they don't find a way to screw us over in the end but as of right now i am still better off with treatments for me and my family and i hope they continue to fix it going forward

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Nov 2017, 06:43

Lost trucker your right, in my opinion nothing this government is doing is in the best interest of Canadians or Canada.
To be fair the conservatives had their pitfalls but I'm embarrassed with myself for the way I voted last election.
I feel I let the country down even though one could never predicted at the time how far off the rails the liberals planned to go. The party of lies and deception!. Now what?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 35 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum