Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silence on Life Time Policy

+22
Panserbjørn
By the Bay
bog6
czerv
Teager
BinRat
AirLog
Supremedebater
Dannypaj
Armygunner
propat
Rubicon
SaintJohn18182
vaincre
bigrex
bosn181
Vet1234
Teentitan
pinger
Iceman
LostTrucker
johnny211
26 posters

Page 33 of 35 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Go down

Silence on Life Time Policy - Page 33 Empty Re: Silence on Life Time Policy

Post by Guest Thu 30 Nov 2017, 22:11

Hey, Wild, I said the same thing down at the legion but alot of feedback was 100 percent of release salary for life , alot of them feel that's a pretty good deal. For one thing it gives security for the veteran , addresses homeless veterans because according to the officials with no disruption of income the veteran wil be better off and wouldn't have to worry about finances. I even had one person from vac say to me that with all these different income benefits some veterans would be crazy to try and get better. Time will tell but thank God I'm PA and everyone on PA will be grandfathered

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Nov 2017, 21:51

Nav that still leaves lower percentages losing out that will never never fly. Sounds like a big claw back for some?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Nov 2017, 21:43

First off hello nav.
Second not one single veteran wants the Legion to have any say in anything pertaining to veteran's ever again, they can look after the grave site's and leave the living alone...

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Thu 30 Nov 2017, 21:20

merged?? If you get CIA/S we already get more than "100%"
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Nov 2017, 21:11

Please read the Legions idea for the lifelong pension on their website. The word out of VAC and legion command or should I say rumor is the so called new lifelong pension will be , if considered disabled to qualify, ELB for life. All the other benefits, CIA and so on will be merged to give a disabled veteran 100 percent of release pay instead of 90. Thus the disabled veteran loses nothing when released and is not capable of working. Watch and see

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 30 Nov 2017, 13:10

Bigrex and other brothers - I have emailed the vac minister and MPs in my district here every day over the last few. Lots of vague answers but I persisted until I got this;

Hello John,

I spoke with Sean this morning and he would like to let you know that he has spoken directly with Minister O’Regan on this topic. All indicators are that positive news will be given in the days ahead.

So by days ahead, I’m thinking next week. But who knows..lol
Johnny Out,,VVV...

johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by vaincre Thu 30 Nov 2017, 10:42

EELB, FCRB, CPP what is this
and BIGREX where you find this
I've said before that it should be a monthly lifelong pension, with an option to take a certain amount upfront as a lump sum

Ex: Three Veterans are each approved for a $1000/mo pension. Veteran #1 chooses to take a reduced monthly pension for 5 years, because he has a job, but needs money for a down payment, and pay off bills. They then calculate $500 x 60 months = a lump sum of $30000, plus the $500/month. Cola would then be added to the monthly amount, as if no lump sum had been received. After 5 years, the monthly pension is paid at the full amount.

Veteran #2 decides to take 5 years of pension entirely as a lump sum, because he has a good job, and doesn't need that monthly income to survive. So then they calculate $1000 x 60 months = for a lump sum award of $60000. Then after 5 years, the pension starts being paid monthly, with the applied COLA for those 5 years.

vaincre
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2016-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Nov 2017, 07:34

I understand what you mean know bigrex I new that.
Everybody's situation is different what I know for myself I'm receiving pretty much what I should have received on sisip and pa only difference is 2500 a month of that is taxed.
I'm fine with the amount, just wish the adjudication would have not been following a certain set of parameters layed out by the court's so I could have got the year's of back pay owed.
I still don't believe they have the right to change a system without a grandfather Claus this is not what we enlisted under.
Anyway I'm more concerned with those receiving nothing monthly for their injuries if they can support refugees, illegals and 350 to 450k of immigrants a year then they can damn well pay a veteran for their injuries and understand it's inhumane to make them fight the rest of their lives to keep them benefits. It's simple put in a grandfather clause and let us go after sisip/Manulife with our own lawyer's same as civis can no parameters...
I've learned alot in the past couple year's and they would pay big time if the government would remove our handcuffs and allow veteran's our rights and freedom's.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 29 Nov 2017, 22:00

Wildthing, what I am saying is that a person can currently get a 95% PA pension, full EELB, full CIA, full CIAS, full VIP, and full Attendance Allowance. So even if someone who is a NVC vet, starts getting a monthly pension, it should not offset any other benefit paid by VAC.

If you are talking about my worries, neither the PA, nor the lump sum are taxable, but if the new pension is taxable, it, along with the other benefits could bump people into a higher tax bracket. I already lose around 25% of my benefits under the NVC, in taxes, And I'm worried that the new pensions will not be retroactive, so if you've received a 90% LSA, ten years ago, the only way you could get a monthly pension going forward , is if you are approved for an additional 10% disability, bringing you to the 100% cap, after the new pension is enacted.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Nov 2017, 10:29

It's a gong show for sure! Don't have much faith in Ottawa's logic seems a bit asinine. I give up just wait and see can't figure out what they're going to do they think outside of the logical and with the parliamentary calculators I'm not familiar with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Nov 2017, 10:05

Not quite sure I'm understanding what your getting at bigrex?
Right now my eelb and partial pa equal the same as I would recieve on pa except I'm taxed and it's not for life and not guaranteed!!! Easy fix!!!
Those who do not get elb etc will be brought up to equalization with pa.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 29 Nov 2017, 09:04

Vet, I hope that they know that if they they try to offset other benefits, by the amount of their planned lifelong disability pension, it would only be overturned in court. After all, neither the PA pension, nor the lump sum are classified as "income", and can no longer offset other benefits. My only concerns are 1. that it will be taxable, and 2. that everyone who has already been granted a lump sum, will be excluded from getting the new monthly pension, unless approved for a new claim.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Tue 28 Nov 2017, 21:50

agree!
my wife reminds me how "special" I am every day hahaha
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Nov 2017, 21:30

The main goal is to include all veteran's and veteran's widow's
Don't matter weather your starting out your fight for benefits or are maxed out it's about looking after each other. Someone with less injuries percentage is just as intitled to a quality of life. Let's hope after all this time they do get it right. You's with lower percentages don't hesitate to add your opinions this is a veterans site. Were not special because were injured, were injured because were special... We step up, when other's won't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Tue 28 Nov 2017, 21:02

thanks Bigrex. I have a feeling that they will try to count any pension monies we receive as "prescribed sources of income" and deduct from our ELB or SISIP.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 35 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next