Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silence on Life Time Policy

+22
Panserbjørn
By the Bay
bog6
czerv
Teager
BinRat
AirLog
Supremedebater
Dannypaj
Armygunner
propat
Rubicon
SaintJohn18182
vaincre
bigrex
bosn181
Vet1234
Teentitan
pinger
Iceman
LostTrucker
johnny211
26 posters

Page 6 of 35 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 35  Next

Go down

Silence on Life Time Policy - Page 6 Empty Re: Silence on Life Time Policy

Post by Guest Mon 25 Dec 2017, 22:13

ScottyG wrote:2005 -
I fought to get 10% pension under the PA Appeal to the Appeals Board and won! That was it all I received.

Totals for what i get now with the NVC
2017-
I received ELB,CIA, CIAs I am DEC plus other monies 10% PA from 2005
I received 90% of my pay until 65. ( total income now until I am 65 is about 120% of my indexed release salary)
At 65 i will be cut back to 70% of what I have gotten at 64.
At 65 I will add my Cpp and Old age pension.
I get a 9000 tax deduction DTC
My huge annual med cost are paid, +++50000 per yr min
dental is paid for,
drugs are paid for
trips to and from my doctor are paid for,
grass is cut,
snow is removed,
home is cleaned.
If i do get better my education is paid for to retrain,  40000 + ( or my partner can access it)
received over $90000  DA
My partner gets $1000 tax free per month

I'm glad that you are happy with what you are getting, I truly am, but there are a few things that you have to realize. First off, most of the things you listed were also available under the PA (VIP, Attendance Allowance and treatment benefits), and everything that wasn't, is also available to almost every veteran who is getting a PA pension. Also at 65, even though you will get OAS and CPP, those amounts will be deducted dollar for dollar from the IRB, so you will not be better off financially, than if you didn't get them. Here is a little known fact, under the Pension Act, if you had to lose work to receive treatment for a pensioned condition, it didn't matter if you were 10% or 95%, you were entitled to receive a 100% PA pension while recovering.

Also, based on what you have stated, I figure that you are assessed at 35-40%. Under the new PFL, an equally disabled veteran in the future, would get roughly $400/mo from the PSC (Pain and Suffering Compensation), depending on their age. They will not qualify for the APSC, because they will need to be assessed at over 78% disabled to qualify. They will not be entitled to the CIA/CIAS, as they are now, because those benefits will be gone. They could still get the ELB replacement, the IRB, and get 90% of military pay for life, reduced to 70% at 65, if deemed DEC. But based on the documents on the VAC website,it's unclear as to whether or not the IRB will indxed annually, If it isn't, that will cost every Veteran tens of thousands of dollars over their lifetime, compared to the ELB. So all I'm saying, is that even though you may be happy with what you are getting, that doesn't mean that a Veteran that finds themselves in a similar situation after 2019, will be treated as well as you have been, and it's up to us to stand up for the next generation of soldiers.

These additional comments i did not write but it comes up as if i wrote them ....so weird .... Nevertheless  all i was getting in 2005 with a battle was 10%!  I wasnt in contact with VAC for many years i gave up for a long time. Then i renewed the fight and the rest is history.

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Mon 25 Dec 2017, 16:29

merry x-mass buds

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Dec 2017, 16:26

Merry Christmas to all!

Taking a break today from the comments.

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Mon 25 Dec 2017, 16:12

scotty I'm the same guy as always i deal in actual FACTS and my own opinions that I try to make sure do not conflict with actual FACTS nor do I ignore facts that don't support my opinions .when FACTS come to light that don't support my opinions I simply change my opinions . I had the easiest time to get my PA decision and the hardest to get my NVC . sure I could say its harder to get approved for NVC benefits based on my own experience but I know the adjudicators and VRAB are the same for both systems so the true FACTS don't support that conclusion .

many people were here when I was posting about the hell I was going through trying to get my NVC benefits when I was going through it and I'm not the only one on this site who has documented proof right here on this sight of the crap they were put threw with their NVC benefits .

but it wasn't the NVC that was the problem with this nor was it for the guys who had problems with getting PA benefits . it was the DVA . that's where that particular problem lies .

always question authority

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Dec 2017, 15:50

Wildthing wrote:Your going threw the same system as a NVC vet as the PA.
Nothing wrong with the benefits just the aholes denying. I'd like to think I'm worth a little more than a dube smoken McDonald's employee who lives in the basement and play's video games after his shift !!!
I know I deserve double what I'm getting, also know we deserve a secure pension. I like to go get what I need, don't like putting in claims and I don't. Get rid of all that crap give the PA cia cias call it the pension charter.
It pisses me off that yous don't think we deserve that security and for that very reason as soon as cj checks his emails I'm outta here. Always thought csat member's felt the same way guess I was wrong, can't help those who won't help themselves so no point in staying lot's of veterans site's...

I battled, I fought and in a few basic ways I actually won. I came here to Csat, I left bitter at times, I returned here, I left again. Had some positive times lots of negatives times but back again. 70% of us or more have left and returned. It may be part of the recovery process . There is light at the end of the tunnel. We must look after ourselves first Wildthing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Dec 2017, 15:36

Your going threw the same system as a NVC vet as the PA.
Nothing wrong with the benefits just the aholes denying. I'd like to think I'm worth a little more than a dube smoken McDonald's employee who lives in the basement and play's video games after his shift !!!
I know I deserve double what I'm getting, also know we deserve a secure pension. I like to go get what I need, don't like putting in claims and I don't. Get rid of all that crap give the PA cia cias call it the pension charter.
It pisses me off that yous don't think we deserve that security and for that very reason as soon as cj checks his emails I'm outta here. Always thought csat member's felt the same way guess I was wrong, can't help those who won't help themselves so no point in staying lot's of veterans site's...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Dec 2017, 15:18

2005 -
I fought to get 10% pension under the PA Appeal to the Appeals Board and won! That was it all I received.

Totals for what i get now with the NVC
2017-
I received ELB,CIA, CIAs I am DEC plus other monies 10% PA from 2005
I received 90% of my pay until 65. ( total income now until I am 65 is about 120% of my indexed release salary)
At 65 i will be cut back to 70% of what I have gotten at 64.
At 65 I will add my Cpp and Old age pension.
I get a 9000 tax deduction DTC
My huge annual med cost are paid, +++50000 per yr min
dental is paid for,
drugs are paid for
trips to and from my doctor are paid for,
grass is cut,
snow is removed,
home is cleaned.
If i do get better my education is paid for to retrain,  40000 + ( or my partner can access it)
received over $90000  DA
My partner gets $1000 tax free per month

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Dec 2017, 14:46

Were is that gentle kind soul from the past. Propat you know that battle we all had under the PA systems you talked at length years ago and shared my opinion then. The old PA was a total mess for post 1954 veterans. YOU know it!

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Mon 25 Dec 2017, 11:55

yaaaa this to shall pass . look we all know that the benefits received by the PA vets of today far outweigh what the NVC vets of today . this is FACT the numbers don't lie . as for these new changes NO ONE REALLY KNOWS not without the legislation and regulation and that's a FACT . it looks like the new changes may be slightly better for a few and worse for most that's my OPPINION .

id love to be able to tell you the NVC is great because in order to do that it would have to be a FACT . I would love it if the FACT was the NVC was great but unfortunately FACTS show something completely different and I don't deal in lies or BS . as for the new changes I  wish I could tell you they would better than the current NVC but I don't have enough real FACTS to be able to say that with ANY degree of certainty although I do have an opinion and it aint looking great . I do have enough FACTS to say it will fall way short of todays PA .

ya know its fun to watch the political speak and spin here sometimes . some might call what was posted above as negative . lol wholy frack. it aint negative or positive ITS JUST FACT .

boys people will have no problem with lying to disabled vets for whatever the reasons . they will tell you that todays NVC is as good or better than todays PA they have before they will again but its a lie we all know this because we all know the FACTS .

they will come on here and try to pass off their opinion as FACT . they will say how much better these new changes are when the FACT is no one really knows.

and of course all the old tricks to get you to shut up and stop fighting . telling you how good you got it . cant win so don't try . oh and my favorite the PA is dead .that's just too funny because almost no one wants a return to the PA just an option to get the PA pension instead of the buyout plus the fact that the PA will always exist and DVA will always be processing its claims  because the RCMP aint stupid enough to give it up and MPs sure as heck arnt . PA is dead what an idiotic statement .

they will tell you as a PA vet be happy with what you have don't worry about the NVC guys . as  NVC vet doing ok be happy don't worry about the NVC guys that are fracked . as a current NVC vet be happy don't worry about our military the NVC vets of the future .

..............and don't worry be happy now ............

ya can listen to them sure.....ya can listen to me and most on here as well if ya want .........

my recommendation listen to neither

first listen to the facts

then most importantly listen to yourself

always question authority

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Dec 2017, 21:15

bog6 wrote:this is now going to turn out like the last time they made changes..this group turned many into a big stress ball for nothing instead of trying to help each other. It seams like there are pers on this group that encourage destructive behaviour and enjoy doing it.

signing out..too stressful..fake news all over again

hope goes well for those that need support, cool

bog6
it's a stress ball because some know not what they do, or how harmful saying they like what their getting. I'm content too but their giving the government permission to screw us in the future. I just want deleted cannot take another go around with the new and improved/not alphabet awards!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by bog6 Sun 24 Dec 2017, 17:21

this is now going to turn out like the last time they made changes..this group turned many into a big stress ball for nothing instead of trying to help each other. It seams like there are pers on this group that encourage destructive behaviour and enjoy doing it.

signing out..too stressful..fake news all over again

hope goes well for those that need support, cool

bog6

bog6
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Dec 2017, 15:46

Even before the calculator appeared. I calculated that I will not receive any new increase/benifits till I am 76 yrs,

thanks for a great lump sum program/new pension 4 life GOC/VAC. If this was your pension u would be screaming murder in House of Commons all you MP’s.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 24 Dec 2017, 15:28

i wouldn't be too worried about what that calculator says. It's not official, and since it only use current LSA amounts, to calculate the payments, not your actual DA amounts, the number will be wrong for anyone other than for those with initial rewards in 2017, For example, it uses $360000 for a 100% even for those awards granted in 2006, even though they never received anywhere near that much between the initial award and the top up. But even if the numbers were right, they are not going to take money away, but you may not be eligible for a monthly payment going forward.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigbrook Sun 24 Dec 2017, 13:03

[quote="Dannypaj"]https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/PSA%20CALCULATOR.pdf?token=AWw4esF4bnRvVucNuHykjfZy93M27Pl8UywjB9mJTQ_bcB8r7dNCjTjks37RupwENT2izpmnfc4zx0OnGhR0mKzYSg9JDOpPDhOORfbfEPiHPq66FKkNOhvB_2oQC1GIZw-8_sOtpqYl6iiL86BuHz5a-FWuR3YhWFjsyxANxvQt9yRpoU0zgyWOPlJM8ml17heLHXLKapd8JVgMbRAbFKfi

Found on the 3b medical release FB group.

The Government of Canada has their hands full.
The veteran's file is an extremely sensitive file.

I did the calc and found I was a negative 11000. At that point I SAID WTF. I will be 69 at the time and I received a 55000 dollar reward in July 2011 . Plug that in to the formula and I come up with a minus 11000 plus dollars. Did I do it properly

Bigbrook
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2017-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Sun 24 Dec 2017, 11:22

Good day all. I want to wish all you on here Merry Christmas. I also want to thank my brothers for helping each other. And no matter how complicated the system gets, it’s is the obligation of us the older injured to help the younger Vets. We may argue and bitch, but we need to be united.
  Thank you bosn181. He is a part of our brotherhood of OSSIS Vets here in PEI. This man has helped countless Vets, who had nothing. It’s Vets like bosn181, who I appreciate for his work. I have seen my brothers rise and survive after his help with the process.
  I look back 20 yrs. That’s how long I have been appealing claims and fighting the system. I am on of those 100 percent, but under both systems. Like a lot of you I have a lot of physical and mental injuries. We have all been there, and seen some horrible things. But in the end we are Brothers in Arms. So put the helmet on, cuss, fight, complain. But most important of all, Do Not Turn On your Brother.
   Ok this old cranky Rad Op has gone on enough. Take care of each other. And if you know a Vet alone this holiday, reach out too him or her.  All the best in 2018 Brothers..VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 35 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 35  Next