Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VAC and alcohol rehab

Go down

VAC and alcohol rehab Empty Re: VAC and alcohol rehab

Post by Guest Wed 01 Aug 2018, 11:43

bigrex wrote:Unless they operate a rehab program at a nearby OSI clinic, they would most likely send you to a civilian clinic. But as far as I know, other than AA, which is strictly voluntary. I do not think there are any programs to force sobriety. Even when I worked at the hospital, the only rehab patients they had, were drug addicts, that were brought in by the police.
when l was in the military they sent me to one on a base for 30 days, so they dont send you anywhere once you are out,even if alcohol is part of the reason you cant currently re enter the workforce?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 01 Aug 2018, 11:28

Unless they operate a rehab program at a nearby OSI clinic, they would most likely send you to a civilian clinic. But as far as I know, other than AA, which is strictly voluntary. I do not think there are any programs to force sobriety. Even when I worked at the hospital, the only rehab patients they had, were drug addicts, that were brought in by the police.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

VAC and alcohol rehab Empty VAC and alcohol rehab

Post by Guest Wed 01 Aug 2018, 10:14

Has anyone here gone through this,is there a set place VAC sends you in Canada,or is it a place in each province.l dont want to get sent to some clinic for 30 days and rub shoulders with meth addicts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down