Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PFL

+17
bulldozer
BinRat
Rifleman
bosn181
Iceman
propat
SIGS PIGS
Supremedebater
Vet1234
czerv
Teager
Sailor63
Tango-33
exarmyguy
Armygunner
bigrex
Ireland102
21 posters

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

PFL  - Page 4 Empty Re: PFL

Post by Teentitan Tue 15 Jan 2019, 18:28

I was medically released in 2000. I have seen, read, heard a lot about veteran issues and changes. That said....

Why does this new information smell like pure political bullshit?

We are 2 1/2 months from 1 April and we get a letter with a f'n estimate!!!! Wait until 1 April to get the official amount and the letter with the math equation on it! WTF kind of calculation was used to come up with an estimate?!? SHOW THE F'N EQUATION NOW!!

The day after our new VAC Minister sat in the front row at Rideau Hall with an expression on her face that 99.9% of married men recognized immediately...SHE WAS MAD AS HELL AND WANTED TO RIP SOMEONE'S HEAD OFF (one guess who's head she wanted). And that is what has the attention of the media not this cluster f'k of estimates.

This shyte show is just starting and by what I have read about estimates it looks like not a lot of veterans are even going to afford a bag of chips and pop to watch it!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 15 Jan 2019, 16:57

Yes, tango, I saw that. But they could have given us the exact dollar amount, as of right now, and still used the disclaimer about it not being guaranteed, if there any changes to our file.

But honestly, I think these numbers are complete BS. The letter states that I have received over $82700 in LSA's . I am currently 47 years old. That means that if they use the age of 84 in their calculations, as they describe them, that leaves a deduction of roughly $186 per month. So $186 from a 25% PFL of $287, leaves $101. If they are going to use age 79, for men, then that leaves a PFL of just approximately $70. But according to this letter, I'm supposedly going to get between $150 and $175, if nothing changes. A discrepancy of $50 to $95 dollars is huge, when the overall amounts were less $200, in the first place.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tango-33 Tue 15 Jan 2019, 16:14

Ya, I tried that argument. makes too much sense I think, the analyst on the phone agreed with me (I am rated at %100, paid 327k). He says oh wow, ya I'll send this down to the payment office! it died there.

Tango-33
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2018-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Yump5555 Tue 15 Jan 2019, 16:11

Here is what I don’t understand. The Max Disability Award Payout effective April 1 will be approx 375K. So even if someone has received 100% prior to this date they still should be able to acquire the difference in a lump sum from the date of the initial 100% to April 1 - 2019. Someone receiving 100% payout in 2009 would be far less then the April 1-2019 amount. The difference should be paid out ina lump sum and the difference should be the monthly payment as per the Pension for Life scheme. Even from 2018 to 2019 the max lump sum is a difference of approx 15K.

Yump5555
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2017-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tango-33 Tue 15 Jan 2019, 15:46

Wiggle room you say... this is how they close out the letter; I'd call that %100 of wiggle room.

This early estimate is a courtesy to help you plan. It is not a decision, and has no legal
authority. You will receive your decision letter in April 2019, along with details on how your
additional monthly amount was calculated. Please note that this amount could be affected by
additional Disability Awards, changes or modifications to your current Disability Award benefit, as
well as any overpayments leading up to 1 April 2019. Due to these, and other potential changes, we
cannot guarantee this communicated range will match the final calculation in April.

Tango-33
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 15 Jan 2019, 14:19

I don't see how this is going to give VAC some kind of wiggle room. If someone is going to be pissed off, because their PFL amount is reduced to double, or low triple digits, it's not like an extra possible 25 dollars is going to magically satisfy them.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilap61 Tue 15 Jan 2019, 13:29

VAC being VAC they always leave them self with an emergency exit door

Tilap61
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2017-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Tue 15 Jan 2019, 13:03

Have to agree bigrex it’s not like they didn’t have lots of time to figure it out but again we are dealing with VAC and I do have a sneaky feeling this will not be the end of it whatch and shoot

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 15 Jan 2019, 11:21

I just don't understand why they are only providing estimates, at this point. Surely, with less than three months before these payment are scheduled to be payable, they should be at least able to tell us the amount, rounded to the nearest 5 dollars, instead of a $25 dollar window
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilap61 Tue 15 Jan 2019, 09:36

You CIA being bumped up is the annual raise that come from annual inflation I think it was 2% this year. I should be getting between 100.01 and 125$ more monthly.

Tilap61
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tango-33 Tue 15 Jan 2019, 09:17

FYI, the notices are alittle tricky to find, but just to ease some anxieties out there. Note, I am 34:

The additional monthly amount payment is provided to members and Veterans;

•    who received a lump-sum Disability Award payment, and

•    where the amount under the Pain and Suffering Compensation’s monthly payment option would have
been higher had this option existed at the time of your Disability Award.

You do not need to apply for the additional monthly amount as it will be automatically calculated
for you.  If we determine that you qualify to receive the additional monthly amount, you will begin
to receive monthly payments in April 2019.

What will the additional monthly amount mean for me?

Based on the information we have as of 10 January 2019, we estimate that you could receive an
additional monthly amount between $750.01 - $800.00.  This amount is in addition to the

Disability Award total of $327,264.38 you have already received.

--

Note, I also receive the CIA - that was bumped to 622 from 609 for January, not sure what happens with that as I think it turns into the additional pain and suffering compensation if I am reading between the lines correctly. No lump sums, not grossly shorted. Met in the middle I guess.

Tango-33
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2019, 18:57

Tilap61 wrote:From VAC twitter account « If you have already received a DA, you may receive an additional monthly amount payment through Pension for Life. We will be sending out notices through My VAC Account and letters by mail to Veterans starting January 15th« 

Key word, “MAY”. That means some of us are getting screwed!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilap61 Thu 10 Jan 2019, 15:55

From VAC twitter account « If you have already received a DA, you may receive an additional monthly amount payment through Pension for Life. We will be sending out notices through My VAC Account and letters by mail to Veterans starting January 15th« 

Tilap61
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 09 Jan 2019, 00:39

Basically, if they say that in order to pay back the lump sum amounts a Veteran has recieved, that it would zero out any possible PFL pension, then they will not qualify. Example a 55 year old Veteran gets a 100% LSA next month, of $374000. So there will be no real backdated PFL payments, so they divide the $374000, of the next 24 years, to the age 79 (if they use that age). So that would mean that the Veteran would need to pay back $1300/mo, effectively cancelling out any possible future payment.

So the older the Veteran is, and the closer to 2019, that they receive their LSA, the less likely thay are to get a possible PFL pension, let alone one that is worthwhile.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Wed 09 Jan 2019, 00:13

A union of some sort can't come fast enough!

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2016-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum