Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PFL

+17
bulldozer
BinRat
Rifleman
bosn181
Iceman
propat
SIGS PIGS
Supremedebater
Vet1234
czerv
Teager
Sailor63
Tango-33
exarmyguy
Armygunner
bigrex
Ireland102
21 posters

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

PFL  - Page 11 Empty Re: PFL

Post by Guest Mon 26 Nov 2018, 15:00

I am not ashamed to say I am frustrated, mad, and pissed off at VAC.  If VAC had a smooth transition from Army life to civilian life with policies that reflect the current situation of veterans then I would be relaxed and smoking a big fat one on the beach.  The Military has to take some of the blame, a smooth transition from and to VAC is needed, I do hear the military side is working on policies that don’t release a member till pension and SSIP is arranged.

I would not be frustrated, mad, and pissed off if the backlog was not so long.  I have a board hearing that’s going to go into two years of waiting, there’s nothing wrong with that if your a sheep.  Veterans don’t quit or give up, that’s why the Government has trouble with VAC Department because Veterans actually care about things and we will always challenge the government to do the right thing.

I sound off here, hoping to get veterans fired up to talk to their MPs, friends, and the public. I encourage everyone to email the
MVA/VAC to tell them you are not satisfied with the level of service.  Fix the backlog first!!!

Explain the PFL area that effects the NVC Vets, it’s a case of poor roll out on explaining to Vets then we become frustrated because we don’t understand correctly what your new policy is.   I am starting to see that the roll out explains it correctly if your a new veteran after 1 April 2019 but does not explain it correctly for existing NVC Vets.  I think we (NVC) are just getting a monthly check for life time but with no chance of cashing in on the lump sum. The lump sum would only benefit the older Veterans and younger NVC should keep the monthly payments but it all depends on your financial situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Nov 2018, 17:44

Teager wrote:Your speculating right now. It's like getting mad for something that hasn't even happened yet something that might not even happen.

If VAC does reach out to veterans and say here's what your getting BEFORE April 1 then anything that might be wrong can be ironed out before anything takes effect. The ball is in VACs court to do that if they don't then they can own that problem.
I'm not mad, I'm just commenting on posts, above is a post where someone points out that there is an article that states some vets could end up taking home less after April, though l haven't read the actual article, I'm just pointing out that if a vet shows up at a town hall meeting and says to Trudeau " you said no one would take home less under the new PFL,but I am" will the PM just fluff him off with another " you're asking for more than we can give" comment

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Sun 25 Nov 2018, 17:33

Your speculating right now. It's like getting mad for something that hasn't even happened yet something that might not even happen.

If VAC does reach out to veterans and say here's what your getting BEFORE April 1 then anything that might be wrong can be ironed out before anything takes effect. The ball is in VACs court to do that if they don't then they can own that problem.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Nov 2018, 17:04

Teager wrote:I'm not debating if this is good or bad I'm simply trying to help people with the questions they have and get them the answers they need.

If your looking for changes or wanting to sue for unfairness that will never happen since it has been tried and failed. The government of the day needs to put into law what duty of care it owes veterans only then can they be challenged in court for unfair benefits.
no one should need to sue, when the liberals put in print “ no vet will take home less than they are previously earning now”, and then veterans come forward with proof of a lower income. That’s just disgraceful, especially if the veteran has a family to feed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Sun 25 Nov 2018, 16:25

I'm not debating if this is good or bad I'm simply trying to help people with the questions they have and get them the answers they need.

If your looking for changes or wanting to sue for unfairness that will never happen since it has been tried and failed. The government of the day needs to put into law what duty of care it owes veterans only then can they be challenged in court for unfair benefits.

Teager
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Nov 2018, 16:20

Steelgunner wrote:To the above post, yes and no to the help part.   Look I see so many articles from veteran advocates and the official government releases.  

Read the below article and u will see even the MVA staff states it’s difficult or almost impossible to determine every situation.  

To me this is unacceptable, why would anyone consider a new policy that is impossible to show that the benefits are clearly understood.  I think for that reason the NPL should not have been considered except for the government in saving money and really not caring about the effects that it has on the well being of veterans in this truly terrible roll out of a plan that has gone wrong.  Good work VAC.

It does say in this article a veteran could be paid less, then in other articles the MVA states no veteran will lose money.  Which is it?  I will tell you who will lose money, the future veterans getting PFL benefits.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-veterans-advocate-will-appeal-ruling-in-defamation-case-against/

Below taken from the article with link:
“The minister’s staff said in telephone discussions last week with The Globe and Mail that it is difficult, if not impossible, to determine whether the Pension Act veterans will be paid more or less, in general, than the veterans who will receive the Pensions for Life because so many different scenarios and calculations come into play.”
it will be interesting to see what happens when the first vet comes forward after April 1 2019 showing proof that he now takes home less money than he did before the new PFL came into effect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Nov 2018, 15:46

To the above post, yes and no to the help part.   Look I see so many articles from veteran advocates and the official government releases.  

Read the below article and u will see even the MVA staff states it’s difficult or almost impossible to determine every situation.  

To me this is unacceptable, why would anyone consider a new policy that is impossible to show that the benefits are clearly understood.  I think for that reason the NPL should not have been considered except for the government in saving money and really not caring about the effects that it has on the well being of veterans in this truly terrible roll out of a plan that has gone wrong.  Good work VAC.

It does say in this article a veteran could be paid less, then in other articles the MVA states no veteran will lose money.  Which is it?  I will tell you who will lose money, the future veterans getting PFL benefits.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-veterans-advocate-will-appeal-ruling-in-defamation-case-against/

Below taken from the article with link:
“The minister’s staff said in telephone discussions last week with The Globe and Mail that it is difficult, if not impossible, to determine whether the Pension Act veterans will be paid more or less, in general, than the veterans who will receive the Pensions for Life because so many different scenarios and calculations come into play.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Sun 25 Nov 2018, 14:04

Ok so I went back and re-read the Q & A on the PFL VAC site. I will hopefully clairify a few things or possibly confuse some more.

So for the monthly pension vs lump sum amount for those that already received a lump you will only be paid a monthly amount if eligible. The question on VACs website is specific to those that already received a lump sum. There is a question asking if you have the option but that applies to the claims going forward after April 1st in which case you do have the option.

Next is the career progression of 1%. If you served under 20 years you will be able to get 1% added to your Monthly military salary at release. You must be DEC to receive this and you can still collect CIAS if grandfathered in. It's unclear if they start it going forward or back date it to when they determined you DEC. However if determined DEC in March 2019 for example you would still not get a 1% increase till April 2020.

Letters. So having gone through the site I could not find anything saying they would send letters out. I only found VAC saying veterans would be notified so that could mean a letter or a phone call or even through My VAC account and no time given. With other changes from VAC there has always been this "letter" that is suppose to go out ahead of time to inform you of the changes and how it impacts you specifically. I have never received notice beforehand only once the change has become effective.

Hopefully this helps. I also suggest re-reading the Q & A on the PFL site and check it monthly as it seems VAC updates it from time to time with more clarity or information.
http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/pension-for-life

Teager
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Sat 24 Nov 2018, 21:03

why not ask on Facebook specifically if vets who have already received lump sums, will have the option of another lump sum as stated on the veterans .gc website

I dont use social media or I would
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Nov 2018, 20:59

Steelgunner wrote:
Supremedebater wrote:One says yes one says no. If you read what vac wrote they say yes. I’m sick of it all. He said she said stuff. I don’t know how they can’t offer it....it’s just a choice. But I’m done speculating.

I mention several post before that The VAC Trolls don’t even know the correct policy.  Front line workers say different things, e mail says different things, their townhall meetings with the two stooges Uncle Walt & The MVA can’t even explain it right and avoid the tuff questions.

Face it, it’s a f in joke.
every day until apr 1 every vet on this site should email the exact same question to vac

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Nov 2018, 20:02

Supremedebater wrote:One says yes one says no. If you read what vac wrote they say yes. I’m sick of it all. He said she said stuff. I don’t know how they can’t offer it....it’s just a choice. But I’m done speculating.

I mention several post before that The VAC Trolls don’t even know the correct policy.  Front line workers say different things, e mail says different things, their townhall meetings with the two stooges Uncle Walt & The MVA can’t even explain it right and avoid the tuff questions.

Face it, it’s a f in joke.

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Sat 24 Nov 2018, 19:35

One says yes one says no. If you read what vac wrote they say yes. I’m sick of it all. He said she said stuff. I don’t know how they can’t offer it....it’s just a choice. But I’m done speculating.

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2016-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Sat 24 Nov 2018, 18:44

VAC is saying yes there is an option for new claims going forward April 1st. If you already received a lump sum then VAC will see if your entitled to a MONTHLY amount but you will not have the option of a lump sum.

Teager
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by exarmyguy Sat 24 Nov 2018, 18:30

supreme debater is that from vac? are they telling you there can be a lump sum for the pfl??? I am confused after them telling me there will be no lump sums

exarmyguy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2018-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Nov 2018, 13:04

Steelgunner wrote:
Artie Simm wrote:
Supremedebater wrote:Also, is the option of a lump sum still an option for people that do get the pfl? I am very interested in seeing who decides to sue when shit hits the fan.
suing will only mean another 5 years waiting to see if you're entitled to anything,and the outcome will probably be no

Not to mention in another five years will have a new version 4.0 with a different government in power.

It really doesn’t matter who is in power they can’t seem to get it right no matter how much money they throw into the system, waste, or return the Veterans money that was budget for improvement into the so called system.  Radical changes in VAC is needed, it’s not the Veterans that are derailing the system it’s Senior management the guides the staff in a system that is designed to cause delays and backlogs. (And also designed to protect there jobs thru purposely delaying work, the Union is also part of the problem here.  BS if they can’t fix the backlog, they have been talking  about backlogs for years. All VAC does is say sorry for the delays when you talk to them.  How about a novel idea about actually fixing the problem.)  

Privatization in my opinion is the way to go with a non profit board made up Veterans and lead by a business organization that has experience with a non profit oriented budget minded group.
they said they hired more cm s but it will take a year to train them, I say they just take the surplus of money they have been hording and just pay out any claim that is on the books for 6 plus months then start from scratch to avoid anymore log hams

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum