Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019

+30
skidsteer
Newfie
puddleduk2
cdnnavy77
Ppclicaper
Tilap61
Teentitan
Unknown Soldier
LAD
Peace
XMedic
doomed78
Rustytheviking
exarmyguy
Kramer
Teager
sailor964
johnny211
By the Bay
Supremedebater
bosn181
SIGS PIGS
Gunner8
propat
Vet1234
AirLog
bigrex
Rifleman
cosmo12
34 posters

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019 - Page 10 Empty Re: SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019

Post by bigrex Mon 15 Apr 2019, 11:19

Steel Rain, I'm not disagreeing that the SRB seemed like a brush off, back when benefits were cut off at 65. And the amounts that will be paid out now, will nowhere match what Veterans would have received. But IMO, it's better that, what money will be paid, is better in our pockets, than theirs. They could have just as easily cancelled the benefit, and kept that $53 million.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019 - Page 10 Empty Re: SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2019, 10:55

STEELRAIN wrote:The heck with all this SRB bull shit talk. SRB was just a"FOff" amount at 65 years old for disabled vets.  "Here is your 2%, now FO", said VAC.
When you calculate  ELB of $6000 per month for 25 years the SRB 2% is $36000. You cannot buy a new Honda Accord with that.
SRB it was a total joke when there was little else after 65.
Just give me a full 35 yr pension or 70% indexed for the rest of my life and pay for all my medical needs, my pot, my meds, let my wife go back to school and pay for that, give me VIP benefits, health transportation costs, home modifications and a total of $310000 tax free D-Awards. Oh, Keep thanking me for my good works while serving says VAC often when I call in. Please continue having strangers every time I go out if they know I served, thanking me for my service. Sure I am mentally and physically broken. If I had stayed working in my previous job I would have been just as screwed up after 20 years.
So Fk-OFF, SRB, you were always just a sick joke!
Just give me 90% until 65 and 70% indexed post 65. Do not feel sorry for me I am still kicking barely!
The way I see it, the way it was & the way it is now.
i was counting on sisip to be there when veteran's needed it to be helpful because we paid for the protection, didn't happen as advertised!
Expected PA to be there to cover injures recieved in service limiting opportunities and for pain and suffering, again not as advertised!
As far as SRB steelrain i agree, it was nothing and i expect nothing, it is what it is, not a thing we can do about it, legislation no doubt was updated as of April 1st.
Military service in my family ends with me, the bureaucrats and politicians can send they're own to serve my grandchildren don't and hopefully won't know i served
Don't want their lives controlled!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2019, 10:31

Well, the way I see it is as follows.

A lot of BS is being flung around CSAT regarding this topic “SRB. Didn’t even no it existed before this thread started. This thread is gossip, pulling up the legislation and saying this will happen or this will happen. We all no that the GOC/VAC do as they please. If they are caught and it is proven they only pay out after lawyers, courts, judges ruling and sometimes public pressure.

Getting rid of the SRB is one of there many cost saving measures “AKA” rip off the future Veterans.

My advice is sit tight and go about your own regular daily life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2019, 08:41

The heck with all this SRB bull shit talk. SRB was just a"FOff" amount at 65 years old for disabled vets.  "Here is your 2%, now FO", said VAC.
When you calculate  ELB of $6000 per month for 25 years the SRB 2% is $36000. You cannot buy a new Honda Accord with that.
SRB it was a total joke when there was little else after 65.
Just give me a full 35 yr pension or 70% indexed for the rest of my life and pay for all my medical needs, my pot, my meds, let my wife go back to school and pay for that, give me VIP benefits, health transportation costs, home modifications and a total of $310000 tax free D-Awards. Oh, Keep thanking me for my good works while serving says VAC often when I call in. Please continue having strangers every time I go out if they know I served, thanking me for my service. Sure I am mentally and physically broken. If I had stayed working in my previous job I would have been just as screwed up after 20 years.
So Fk-OFF, SRB, you were always just a sick joke!
Just give me 90% until 65 and 70% indexed post 65. Do not feel sorry for me I am still kicking barely!
The way I see it, the way it was & the way it is now.

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Sun 14 Apr 2019, 23:01

yup if year 2018-19 they pay out 351 grand while it still exists and near 54 million in 2019-20 when it doesn't exist kinda shows me where they are going with this .

thanks for that wildthing

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 14 Apr 2019, 22:05

Yes, paying off everyone who would have been getting SRB, all at once, instead of spread out over the next 30-40 years, would definitely explain those numbers.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking Sun 14 Apr 2019, 20:30

I’m just a dumb brain injured grunt, but this chart looks like there’s a payout happening this year for the srb. I could be wrong, maybe someone in the know could decipher it

SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019 - Page 10 30e74e10

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Sun 14 Apr 2019, 18:58

Yes, the SRB and RISB are now gone and after hitting 65 I believe you receive 70% of IRB. What they are saying has nothing to do with the SRB payments people are waiting for.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Apr 2019, 17:11

SRB CONSOLIDATED INTO IRB, doesn't sound like a payout to me sounds more like what was yours is now going to pay for this new IRB.

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmo12 Tue 09 Apr 2019, 16:19

Bruce72;
Fuck this circus is crazy - no problem Bruce72 it is my head sometimes - get difficulty analyzing, well I guess is what mental health problem does on you.

have a great night Brothers and sisters

cosmo

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Apr 2019, 04:16

bigrex wrote:Cosmo, it's not that you told us, it's that each person you ask, at VAC, has a different answer, ranging from the utterly absurd (not paid until 65), to wishful thinking, but still possible  (end of the month), to the scandalous, but knowing this government, highly likely (in September). There can't be that many Veterans who are on EELB, that it should take 5 months to sort it all out, considering they've known that this was going to be happening for over a year. Or at least somebody at VAC knew.Hopefully the letter that we were told will be coming this month, will offer a little more clarity.

Bingo, bango, bongo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Apr 2019, 04:14

cosmo12 wrote:Bruce72;
I gave this info that I have - I do agree with you the SRB will be paid out when it`s paid out

Tell me what you want if you dont like me publishing info its fine I will keep it for myself but maybe some peoples would like to know.

not sure how to take your message.

stay strong brother

Cosmo

I would never presume, to tell you what to say Cosmo, my buddy.

Might disagree, but would never tell you what to say.

*Disclaimer: Unless you went koko for coco puffs.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 08 Apr 2019, 22:00

Cosmo, it's not that you told us, it's that each person you ask, at VAC, has a different answer, ranging from the utterly absurd (not paid until 65), to wishful thinking, but still possible  (end of the month), to the scandalous, but knowing this government, highly likely (in September). There can't be that many Veterans who are on EELB, that it should take 5 months to sort it all out, considering they've known that this was going to be happening for over a year. Or at least somebody at VAC knew.Hopefully the letter that we were told will be coming this month, will offer a little more clarity.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking Mon 08 Apr 2019, 21:53

I appreciate the info cosmo. Vacs been going through the ringer on social media lately due to the whole pfl stumble.

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next