Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reassessment

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Reassessment  - Page 2 Empty Re: Reassessment

Post by Gunner8 Fri 17 Jan 2020, 13:12

My last reassessment I didn’t deal with any paperwork. I just filled out the claim online, then my psychiatrist filled out my reassessment and did all the paperwork that was needed to be done. I believe my Cm sent it to him. So should I contact a district manager if I don’t have a CM? Or just call the veterans office number and ask them? Thanks

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2020, 13:06

Gunner8 wrote:Six-actual, how did you go about doing that? I don’t have a case manager now, as I was declared DEC last year. And I don’t see my psychiatrist as much either because of that. But I know I am getting worse.

You can apply through My VAC Account. And I spoke with the District Manager to go over my CM's head.

Attach any new evidence you have to the paperwork you receive regarding the reassessment and return it to VAC. Then, wait out as per SOP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Fri 17 Jan 2020, 12:16

Six-actual, how did you go about doing that? I don’t have a case manager now, as I was declared DEC last year. And I don’t see my psychiatrist as much either because of that. But I know I am getting worse.

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2020, 12:10

You can ask for a reassessment anytime you have new evidence that shows your condition has worsened.

A few years ago I had 2 reassessments done a year apart because I was able to show my PTSD had worsened.

At first my case manager tried to tell me it was not possible to have a reassessment 1 year apart, but I went over her head and found out the real deal.

Both reassessments were favourable.

Back to top Go down

Reassessment  - Page 2 Empty Reassessment

Post by Gunner8 Fri 17 Jan 2020, 11:41

My understanding is you can ask for a reassessment every 2 years. I had a reassessment that was started May 2018, but time paperwork and stuff got sent in it was August. So I’m wondering can I ask for another reassessment in May 2020? Thanks

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2