Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cancellation of my Rehab Plan

4 posters

Go down

Cancellation of my Rehab Plan Empty Re: Cancellation of my Rehab Plan

Post by Unknown Soldier Tue 24 Nov 2020, 11:01

turbo wrote:The same thing happened to me and I was removed from rehab but under different conditions. My worker said I wasn't doing what they wanted and apparently your not even allowed to get sick and miss an appointment even though I did phone lol. I was cut off everything even financially.  My income dropped so bad that if I didn't have a brother where I loved I'd be living in my car. I appealed twice and I was told they believed my case manger before they would believe me. I'm still poor lol living with my brother and get no help from veterans. I was told to move to Toronto for help since the town I love in has no veterans support groups. To live in Toronto is starve to death cause even in the military I couldn't afford to live off base.
the ombudsman office is a joke, there really is no one to turn to in these situations, l was threatened that if I didn’t do this or I didn’t do that , VAC would cancel my IRB, they wound me up so much, l just said take it then, take back every cent you ever paid me. I might die penniless and alone, but they’ll never take my dignity.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by turbo Tue 24 Nov 2020, 02:16

The same thing happened to me and I was removed from rehab but under different conditions. My worker said I wasn't doing what they wanted and apparently your not even allowed to get sick and miss an appointment even though I did phone lol. I was cut off everything even financially. My income dropped so bad that if I didn't have a brother where I loved I'd be living in my car. I appealed twice and I was told they believed my case manger before they would believe me. I'm still poor lol living with my brother and get no help from veterans. I was told to move to Toronto for help since the town I love in has no veterans support groups. To live in Toronto is starve to death cause even in the military I couldn't afford to live off base.

turbo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2013-07-08

Back to top Go down

Cancellation of my Rehab Plan Empty Psychology therapies

Post by Mathias Sat 01 Aug 2020, 10:16

My Doctor have been billing VAC through Blue Cross. Actually my psychology gets authorized 10 sessions at a time by VAC. She has even sent a report saying that I will need more sessions and asking for 10 more.

Then VAC says that I am not even attending sessions? And cancels my regab because of something false.

I will send all the proof of the therapies and sessions I received.

Last year my doctor was also on maternity leave so. I waited her to get back and start working again. I believe its in my right to choose my psychologist and if she is having a baby I have the right to wait for her and have sessions only with her that knows ny case

Mathias
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2020-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 01 Aug 2020, 00:19

You definitely have a good case. Just the fact that they didn't send a physical copy of the letter, puts them in the wrong. Because most Veterans never log onto their MyVAC accounts, unless they are looking for something specific.So, they should have sent a letter, requesting a letter from your psychologist, then suspended the payments. And if they still do not get the required paperwork,then cancelled the payment. But your Doctor should have been billing VAC for your sessions, so there has be a readily available paper trail, to prove that you have been following the rehab plan.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Mathias likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Fri 31 Jul 2020, 10:20

Mathias wrote:Yes
I am writing that appeal with all the supporting evidence that I am still on therapies. Sending letters from my current doctors, prescriptions and my letters with my appeal. Hopefully I can be reinstated with all the evidence I have.

As soon as I am back on the plan I will ask fir a different CM. I dont know if it is possible to change CMs but I will definetely have someone who actually cares.

Thanks for the advice
Not easy to be taken out like this
yes, you can change CMs at first they will tell you it’s not possible but every CM group work under a supervisor, you may get him or her as your new CM, or they will keep you in the same region. The main thing is you have to mention that you felt undone by your current CM, and continuing to work with them is detrimental to your mental health and recovery.

Last edited by Unknown Soldier on Sat 01 Aug 2020, 02:00; edited 1 time in total
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Cancellation of my Rehab Plan Empty Appeal

Post by Mathias Fri 31 Jul 2020, 08:50

Yes
I am writing that appeal with all the supporting evidence that I am still on therapies. Sending letters from my current doctors, prescriptions and my letters with my appeal. Hopefully I can be reinstated with all the evidence I have.

As soon as I am back on the plan I will ask fir a different CM. I dont know if it is possible to change CMs but I will definetely have someone who actually cares.

Thanks for the advice
Not easy to be taken out like this

Mathias
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Fri 31 Jul 2020, 00:32

Mathias wrote:Hello

I got medical released from the army on 2016

Until now I was on the IRB plan Income Replacement Plan. Recently a got a letter of cancelation of my Rehab Plan without my consent and without my Psychologist consent in MyVac. Unfortunately I read the letter too late. Apparently my Case Manager tried to contact me for two months and she could not reach me. In the letter there was wrong information saying I was not having therapies and not participating on the goals for my plan and thats why my Case Manager cancelled my plan.

I was looking through the by laws is not the discharge from a medical condition a doctor decision?
I read the IRB Policy and there it states that any process for cancellation should go through a suspension first and after six months should go to a possible cancellation. Is it fair to be removed from a rehab plan while I still recovering from my condition? I do not have a job yet can they do this in such a short notice just because I could not be reached for two months? There are arguments in my cancellation letter that are false stating I did not see my doctor? Do they see all of this information when I send my appeal? I thought the cancellation should be a Minister decision and not a Case Manager decision by herself
I know of others whom this happened to, if you re-read the policy you will see VAC can suspend then cancel or go right to cancel.it all depends on how bad they want to stick it to you. I dont think the CM has the final say , but they are definitely the ones who get the ball rolling with a vets " failure to comply with the requirements of the rehab plan". You sound like you have ammo to fight it, and you should, however in the meantime your pockets are going to be light.

Last edited by Unknown Soldier on Fri 31 Jul 2020, 10:17; edited 1 time in total
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Mathias likes this post

Back to top Go down

Cancellation of my Rehab Plan Empty Cancellation of my Rehab Plan

Post by Mathias Thu 30 Jul 2020, 19:58

Hello

I got medical released from the army on 2016

Until now I was on the IRB plan Income Replacement Plan. Recently a got a letter of cancelation of my Rehab Plan without my consent and without my Psychologist consent in MyVac. Unfortunately I read the letter too late. Apparently my Case Manager tried to contact me for two months and she could not reach me. In the letter there was wrong information saying I was not having therapies and not participating on the goals for my plan and thats why my Case Manager cancelled my plan.

I was looking through the by laws is not the discharge from a medical condition a doctor decision?
I read the IRB Policy and there it states that any process for cancellation should go through a suspension first and after six months should go to a possible cancellation. Is it fair to be removed from a rehab plan while I still recovering from my condition? I do not have a job yet can they do this in such a short notice just because I could not be reached for two months? There are arguments in my cancellation letter that are false stating I did not see my doctor? Do they see all of this information when I send my appeal? I thought the cancellation should be a Minister decision and not a Case Manager decision by herself

Mathias
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down