Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

She Has A Voice!!

2 posters

Go down

She Has A Voice!! Empty Re: She Has A Voice!!

Post by johnny211 Tue 07 Dec 2021, 07:15

Riddick - I did mean to say Pat Stogran, not Peter Stoffer..lol. Just another PTSD moment, or old age, probably both. Ah, if we can’t laugh at ourselves..lol. Have a good day Brother..VVV
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Mon 06 Dec 2021, 20:26

johnny211 wrote:It’s an office, with no power. From my dealings with them, all they do is take Stats. Until their mandates change,  their useless. Just ask Peter Stoffer..VVV

Although I can't prove it....I mostly agree with your statement because I am sure the office has helped a few! I wouldn't doubt that any money they helped vets receive is much lower than what it costs the public to keep that office functioning to collect stats!

I don't know who has any good or bad to say about Guy Parent former OMBUDS-MAN ....but he made himself visible and not just for optics. He had numerous Town-Hall meetings/lectures and if nothing....they helped educate and provided an opportunity for questions to be answered directly. The last two to hold this position appeared to just keep the seat warm. Too afraid to put themselves out there and call a spade a spade, they tip toe around the fine art of diplomacy not to step on anyone's toes where they could get fired. Those who had the gumption to call the government out, got fired and we all know Pat Stogran got a very unfair and "Rude Awakening." Ya there is Covid, but there are other ways to make one visible without congregating together at a Town-Hall. Very little to no effort at all (IMO).

I canvassed the OVO numerous times and was declined every time. The office picks and chooses the cases with the best chances of winning. The latest one is picking a battle with the name of her title......I am curious how much wasted money it will take to change the name in all related publications/documents unless there will be no formal name change and she just wants to be referred to as "Ombud' which to me sounds sooooo unprofessional.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Mon 06 Dec 2021, 17:24

It’s an office, with no power. From my dealings with them, all they do is take Stats. Until their mandates change, their useless. Just ask Peter Stoffer..VVV
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Kramer likes this post

Back to top Go down

She Has A Voice!! Empty She Has A Voice!!

Post by Kramer Mon 06 Dec 2021, 12:43

YFI

https://globalnews.ca/news/8426460/ombud-veterans-ottawa-struggling/

And now......my 2 cents.

She wants to change "Ombudsman" to "Ombud."

"Jardine, who is the first woman to occupy the position and is transitioning the office’s title from ombudsman to ombud, isn’t the first to express frustration about what she sees as the government’s lackadaisical response to the office’s concerns."

Get real.......a pilot is pilot, or a doctor is a doctor and refers to any gender....but neither of them titles have the word "man" in them. So what if.... she was German would she want to remove the word "man?" and be called "Germ?" or remove man from "human!" I believe there are more important issues to fight over .......I just shake my head. Did she speak to The Canadian Press as a rouse to raise this title/name change so she can at least say she accomplished something!

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down