Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think that the legal team of MacInnes/Cooper is fairly representing you?

+4
liverlover
pteadams2002
acerman1234
Teentitan
8 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Do you think that the legal team of MacInnes/Cooper is fairly representing you?   Empty Re: Do you think that the legal team of MacInnes/Cooper is fairly representing you?

Post by RCN-Retired Wed 26 Dec 2012, 04:33

No, especially if they get almost 200 million
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Do you think that the legal team of MacInnes/Cooper is fairly representing you?   Empty Re: Do you think that the legal team of MacInnes/Cooper is fairly representing you?

Post by Guest Thu 20 Dec 2012, 21:11

Well said, the rubber band has been streched here. The main problem I think is that we did get up date but that every one expected a minute by minute play!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 19 Dec 2012, 21:31

call of duty it wasn't just the lawfirm that wanted this site shut down.

Before I posted this topic we were getting zero info from either side of the negotiation table. Our lawfirm sent a memo to the DoJ and they approved the info to be released to the class.

Info shared with a class that is not normal in a class action lawsuit.

Back in July I didn't think the lawfirm was fairly representing us because we had no updates/info given to us. Today I feel we pushed the limit of both our lawfirm and the DoJ to release info to us without breaking the law.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 20:44

k9 i think it would be a great thing as long as people understand that we are all in different situations thus we will all have a degree of varreing oppinions and dont lash out at others becouse their oppinions are different than theirs.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Wed 19 Dec 2012, 20:36

Everyone will have an answer to this question when they will read the agreement proposal, just hope it will be writen in English and French and not in a judicial langage.

What would be nice is that everyone receiving the proposal knows this website exists if they need to have a feedback of what others think of it.

But again, we wread so much nonsense here that I don't know if it would make their views of the agreement have more sense.

Best stupidity I read here was that we had nothing so anything that could be offered is good!

Mother Therasa is a Saint and I don't think that CSAT will have a Saint in its members, not me for sure. Lol.
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 19:04

Well Teen; You have started this Topic, and stated you dont feel the firm is fairly representing us. Also you say that the Firm wanted to shut down CSAT all along, which indicates to me that the gag order may have been requested possibly by our own lawyers. Is this what your referring to. Not really sure what to make of this topic, as the agreement is not out yet for me to have a view either way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 19 Dec 2012, 13:28

So propat is defending me? Cool, is this the start of the Mayan end of the world description? LOL

No matter what anyone says propat I like your spunk!

Now as for the intent of this thread...The first posting was in JULY. The intent was to poke the lawfirm to get info. It was after this was posted that the CSAT garnered attention from Peter Driscoll.

When he called me I told him that you are dealing with a class that has some very disabled members and we spent our career in the dark. Well we no longer are acceptable to remain in the dark.

Result....we started getting information. So the intent of this thread was successful.

Now as for the statement I am stumping for the lawfirm? Come on if I was really stumping for the lawfirm I would have done what they wanted all along...shut down the CSAT.

Did I? Need I read anymore topics about who I'm behind?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 13:05

I am not surprised that people around the world and close to home walk into our places of safety.
Look at the the new show on TV it on every F in Channel murders who to kill and how to rape this and that. Learn how to build a bomb on the internet. We a fuckkkkede it just a matter of time. But everyone is watching these sick show and they keep releasing new ones more rapes more murder when does does it stop. Media TV Governments in whole are doing nothing about this and never will.

Why did he do it well that is all he knows i his head it just a game no one will get hurt just press restart. Maybe we just need another 40 days and night of rain and try again.

WTF
Chimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 12:32

I think guest has a screw loose and needs to go back on their meds after this comment he/she/it made.
How dare you! over 900 are already receiving additional monthly income. In April you will have fatter bank accounts. With time maybe 4500 vets will get additional income or retro once everything is research!
Our Prime Minister said Fix it . Our Defence Minister said every cent will be repaid. Our lawyers said its a very very good settlement.
We had to have a gag order FOR THE VETS BENEFIT.... and you all bitch about the legal and taxes and fees...please SHUT THE F##K up until January ... Go pray for the 27 families who kids were shot
Hey Guest refocus that anger and resentment of something productive instead of lashing out at us at your own frustrations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 11:52

I do not think the gag order should interfir will our evaluation of the firm. What I see is rapid evelution of the suit, quick negotiations, the rest well if peter says it's vrey good I would think he is comparing it to other case he went thought in the past years and there outcome. If others in a similar situation got a dime and we are getting a quarter, than it is considered a very very good deal. We hope it will reach up and go over our expectations, and that would be wonderfull. In the real world well we shall soon see. Hope this makes sence to at least 60% of you. By the way I still have snow to sell at 30% off retail price.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 10:45

"The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way." - Karen S. Magee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 10:14

wow mofors if i were to guess it would be pritty much the same replaceing the 18-20% with 30% but thats all on your tax rate and where you live but either way i realy hope its no less than that.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Wed 19 Dec 2012, 10:14

A resounding...YES! I don't like the gag order or blackout, but this is how the game is played. If everyone were asked personally about their own feelings this lawsuit would take years longer. The law firm understands we are ill and injured and have a short temper. This is why they are trying to hurry. I think the offer will be a good one.
Chimo

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 08:16

yes i think its gonna end up fair.... i think each person gonna pay little less in lawyer fee's as all thinks. after all is said and done with interest and top ups and taxes taken, i think each person will see the amount of retro in bank account as if taxed 18-20 % like it wouldve been tax year......... i think if we do get small interest or some payment but not called damages .... that itself will cover lawyers.......... so if everybody added up each month they were clawed back .... tax it 18-20 % thats what everybody probably gonna see..... my magic balll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next