Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it Safe to assume 9 Oct, Zero Sum claimants Re-Instated?

+3
OldZipperhead
peep
acerman1234
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Is it Safe to assume 9 Oct, Zero Sum claimants Re-Instated? Empty Re: Is it Safe to assume 9 Oct, Zero Sum claimants Re-Instated?

Post by Guest Sun 07 Oct 2012, 22:12

Teentitan, you surely remembers QR&Os, which were orders and it did not matter if the CO was telling you to jump. If it contravened the order, it could not be done unless you wanted to be the party of interest at a court martial with your CO. I just visited the sisip web site because I recalled hearing that the control of the plan was not with the CDS. Under the LTD section of the policy, (Q&As) I found this question with the answer, and there it is:
"Who has the governance of the LTD insurance plan? The Treasury Board of Canada (TBC) has the governance of the plan, SISIP Financial Services (SISIP FS) is the administrator, and Manulife Financial is the insurer".
Therefore, from that statement, I can only infer that sisip could only jump at the direction of the CDS/MND if it is covered by the policy and clearly within the spirit of the policy.

Back to top Go down

Is it Safe to assume 9 Oct, Zero Sum claimants Re-Instated? Empty Re: Is it Safe to assume 9 Oct, Zero Sum claimants Re-Instated?

Post by Teentitan Sat 06 Oct 2012, 11:43

I want to remind everyone about SISIP...they are just the policy administrator so they can only do what the policy holder tells them to do.

So if the CDS/MND MacKay say jump SISIP responds with "how high?".

They are just, if not more, frustrated then we are.

They are the people that have contact with their clients whereas and know what we are going thru. They want to get our money into our hands but until they are told what to do by the policy holder their hands are tied behind their backs.

I am not kissing SISIP's rear-end I am stating facts. When you were out in field doing an exercise and saw the enemy did you make a decision to engage the enemy before you were ordered to? NO. Why? Because it was not your job to do until you were told to do it. This is the situation SISIP is in.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Oct 2012, 11:28

Ok , teen , I will send that question

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Oct 2012, 11:27

Ok, teen , thanks for replying, it is very frustrating when we receive information and it seems sisip knows more than us. My Cm at sisip was telling me this weeks ago(that sisip will contact all zero sum by letter and if you are reinstated they will let you know). So for now I will continue to wait for my letter but the bigger question is how long will it take for 900 letters to be worked out and mailed out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 06 Oct 2012, 11:22

Navrat send that question to Kristine for the weekly SITREP that Peter is going to do for Thursday
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Oct 2012, 11:21

Like i said before we will know that we have our answer when we have our money in hand, until then "Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see!"

Last edited by F foundry on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 11:24; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 06 Oct 2012, 11:20

Navrat I suggest until Peter sorts out the "lost in translation" (and it was a decent movie) that no one contacts SISIP.

Peter said he is working hard to get it sorted by Tuesday so I can post the proper information to contact SISIP.

So it's like the good ol' days "Hurry up and wait" At least we get to wait over a big turkey dinner and pumpkin pie. LOL
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Oct 2012, 11:17

I am having a hard time figuring this out also, F foundry, what is it that sisip actually wants, addresses, banking etc. to me this means nothing, I want the"We have successfully pressed the Goc to start the zero sum monthly payments" this if true would be a victory but until sisip tells you , your monthly payment was sent to your bank or mailed out, no victory yet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Oct 2012, 11:07

ok I am lost so SNAFU, I will wait for some one to call me or email or watch for little people walking around the neighbour hood.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Oct 2012, 11:04

So does this change anything on our end, do we contact sisip as per the memo on 9 of oct and is this just A update address thing or is this a ,monthly payment start up thing.Because most of us have already updated our address. This I would say would not be a victory because you can call sisip any day of the week for address, banking etc. it's a real victory if they say hey your monthly payments start on end of Oct, thanks teen for the reply

Back to top Go down

Post by snrnavcom Sat 06 Oct 2012, 11:01

Got a love the movie lost in translation affraid

snrnavcom
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2012-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 06 Oct 2012, 10:36

There has been a problem with the "wording" of the SISIP contact info and Peter is working on correcting it over the weekend.

He is working with DoJ/Toope to correct this wording by Tuesday 9 October. Once this wording problem has been worked out Peter will send me the correct information for the class to contact SISIP.

So in English this is what is happening...if we look at our legal team's "chain of command" it's Peter/Ward Branch > the class.

The opposition...DoJ/Toope > DND (policy holders) > GOC > TB > various bureaucrats of GOC > SISIP > SISIP clients

So somewhere in the opposition's chain of command a "lost in translation" has occured. Peter is working to correct it.

As for the SITREP of questions Peter has assured me that the answers will be emailed out on Thursday 11 October.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OldZipperhead Sat 06 Oct 2012, 01:20

People- I agree that you should not be looking at what the Lawyers get. If you are receiving $100.000.00 (some might be recieving more than this, (but that is not the issue) at least you are receiving more than zero. For those that will be re-instated and paid for back-pay, you will do even better. So keep your chin's up and hope for the best!
OldZipperhead
OldZipperhead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 06 Oct 2012, 00:12

OK folks first I'm not ignoring you...I was out on a wonderful date with my wife and friends tonight.

You all have very legitamite concerns and I will be talking to Peter in the morning. Once we have discussed some issues that have come up I will post the info here to the CSAT and most likely on the Latest News bulletinboard. So please be patient just a little longer. You will get news tomorrow.

As for the lawyer fees that was brought up in this topic...the 30% was on the initial court document that was filed back in 2007. And for the last time Judge Barnes will not and has not addressed the lawyer fees BECAUSE it is the last topic of discussion before the agreement goes out to the class. McInnes Cooper will ask for a payment. Judge Barnes will add it to the agreement and we as the class will have 30 days to send our concerns about the agreement and lawyer fees to Judge Barnes by a letter or emails. After the 30 days Judge Barnes will take all the correspondence into consideration and render his decision on how much the lawyers will be paid.

So please STOP BRINGING UP LAWYER FEES AS IT IS A NON-ISSUE RIGHT NOW AND IT IS THE LAST TOPIC ON THE AGREEMENT. You may think it is an important issue right now but sorry it is not. So please stop thinking about it because truthfully you are only causing yourself worry that is only going to cause problems you do not need right now. Please stay calm and ignore discussing lawyer fees.

I'm signing off now so I will get back to everyone soon with information.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Oct 2012, 23:48

Big Rex... I agree with you last comment 100%. How can SISIP have info that we don't have? (Hope by saying that my post doesn't get deleted/censored)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next