Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on CPP Disability Info Confirmation That Sisip LTD Will Require

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Update on CPP Disability Info Confirmation That Sisip LTD Will Require - Page 3 Empty Re: Update on CPP Disability Info Confirmation That Sisip LTD Will Require

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 12:35

propat, what people are having an issue grasping that seems evident to me at least, is that decisions by sisip on whether a client is TPI, disabled partially and to what degree requires documentation from all sources. Your family doctor will need your dva records and percentages to complete the sisip medical form, dva needs your cpp disability confirmation and your medical records since release, sisip will need both to determine disability status. Whether you previously qualified in the past with sisip is not a guarantee of automatic re-instatement. Sisip will be very pro-active trying to save money on future clients if they can.. Therefore, once again, the zero sum client needs to be proactive and obtain those records from all sources to attach to your info package. JMHO sparrow

Back to top Go down

Update on CPP Disability Info Confirmation That Sisip LTD Will Require - Page 3 Empty Re: Update on CPP Disability Info Confirmation That Sisip LTD Will Require

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 12:20

well sparrow dva records shouldnt be required at least for the financials.however if they cant get acess to cpp and cra info i can forsee a big problem.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 12:09

Propat, as per my case manager sited on last Friday, sisip does not have access anymore to your dva records as per June 2012. Why was not explained to me. It may be a legal matter internally. In terms of sharing info between departments or proxies, I do not summize that that order is in place presently. Therefore the burden is on the client to provide the financials by way of the info package. My point being, the zero sum are the least healthiest and yet we will require to do the most on our own to advocate for ourselves. That is my thoughts on the matter. sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 11:58

yes they will sparrow but they had all this info (and got it on their own)when they zeroed me out.they can cirtanly get this info from the past with the current info sharing order.now that past info may not reflect our current status ie:just started a new job.im guessing this is the reason for the financial statment in the package.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 11:40

propat, sisip will certainly require the cpp disability info in order to calculate retro payments for previous years if we ever get to that point and to also assess whether a client worked during those years in the interim. It is a huge subjective equation that needs to be determined on an individual basis by case managers. sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 11:35

sparrow i dont belive they will need the past years as i belive this is just for going forward monthly payments not retro.
just my oppinion
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 11:24

Last edited by Greatfoot on Tue 12 Feb 2013, 21:10; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Update on CPP Disability Info Confirmation That Sisip LTD Will Require - Page 3 Empty Update on CPP Disability Info Confirmation That Sisip LTD Will Require

Post by Guest Wed 10 Oct 2012, 11:21

As per the voice message instructions from Sisip yesterday indicating that an info package will be sent out for us clawbacked zero sum clients to have completed on our own in order for us to be re-assessed and determined as on going clients. I have contacted Human Resources 1-800-277-9914 and have received info that I would like to pass on to my fellow friends here since no one else seems to know s***. CPP Disability will forward a letter to the client with a confirmation start date of benefits and current monthly amounts to the recipent of the benefit if they call and ask for it HOWEVER, they advise that the clients need to refer to their T4's for CPP Disibility statements to obtain past years amounts. Would someone like to advise Manulife and lawyers that we are not in a position to provide previous years monthly amounts by way of a letter from Service Canada and that the best we can do is provide T4's to Manulife and they can divide by 12 months for the particular fiscal year if they want to know what we got per month. Sparrow

Last edited by sparrow86 on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 11:27; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3