Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats deducted from what?

3 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Whats deducted from what? - Page 2 Empty Re: Whats deducted from what?

Post by VetWife Sun 14 Oct 2012, 18:59

Basically, for us anyways, its been 6 years and we have always been below the 75%, I don't care who makes it up but I cannot wait for the day when this is all made good again.

VetWife
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2012-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2012, 18:55

Last edited by Greatfoot on Tue 12 Feb 2013, 21:16; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by VetWife Sun 14 Oct 2012, 18:54

ah, I see now, I thing that my husbands sisip file is still open because in their mind WE still owe THEM $ and because we told them to take a hike with all their bullspit they are going to use that againsy us, of course I believe this will be rectified but will take some time, we never would have told them to go away if we thought there was ever going to be an end to this crap but serioulsy, my husband almost went completely off the deep end wit their harrassment and VAC's inability to get his disability applications straightened out.

VetWife
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2012, 18:44

The old saying never bite the hand that feeds you, I,know so many guys down at the legion who got 3b and 3 a release and because they I'd not want to give information or never thought they would get anything told sisip to go to hell. When I go there now , all these guys are scrambling because they are owed a shit load of cash and a couple of them who called sisip were to.d because they told sisip to F off , sisip took that as they voluntary withdrew from the ltd program. One guy to.d me they actually wrote down what he had said to them, so who knows what is going to happen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2012, 18:36

Yes, correct, Big Rex, and I got some good news, my VAC worker told me I could choose if I wanted sisip ltd or take the EELB that I am on. Just like if you ar on sisip ltd and get coverage for medical ,drugs , eyeglasses. You can change to pshcp like I did and pay the premium which I did because I did not want to be on sisip. So what I have to do is wait for retro then just tell sisip ltd to stop. EELB does not require medicals every year which you have to pay and they are indexed to,the CPI,not like sisip which is 2 percent max. I also got a great vac worker who double checked for me and called me out of the blue.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 14 Oct 2012, 17:37

It can be confusing because CPP(D) gets deducted from two different sources, CF annuation and SISIP/ELB. The way to look at it though is, while CPP reduces the CF pension by a certain amount, the SISIP/ELB amount will be increased to cover off the lesser CF pension, then reduced by the pensioners amount, so that the same money doesn't reduce your monthly income twice. Great, now my brain hurts.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2012, 16:47

McInnis Cooper is looking to ensure everybody affected, will be looked after. I had some doubts after eight years; and when I was at wits end, Peter came through. Hopefully this outs you at ease a little.

Back to top Go down

Post by VetWife Sun 14 Oct 2012, 16:42

I am so lost, we know that my husbands SISIP file is OPEN but he is NOT on this magical "list". Good grief, he only got maybe 6 or 7 months of SISP and ALL of that was an overpayment according to them, we too told sisip to F/O and here we sit 6 years later....

VetWife
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by VetWife Sun 14 Oct 2012, 16:37

husband had the disabiity tax credit which was reviewed this year and denied, makes no sense cause he had no improvement and in fact has had more diagnoses since he first applied, we are appearling but were advised cra is so back up they might get to it in 6 months or so. .

VetWife
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2012, 15:59

Just because sisip tells you , you don't qualify doesn't make it right, contact Peter, in the end he will help out and he knows the law

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2012, 15:56

and the estates of dead vets, and peeps like me after I told them to F/O after that clawed me after 24 months.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2012, 15:54

oh ya,,,they are WATCHING this site...surpised?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2012, 15:54

You are right, PMED, this is also why it's so important for anyone who has ever been on sisip to check the law firm and sisip and see where they stand because once the papers are signed, it's over, so everyone wants to make sure they get there retro which they deserve. Just because you did not send in a form or were cut off doesn't make what sisip did right. When an I durance company cuts you off they have to send you a registered letter for you to sign, they just can't say , oh well your cut off , to bad, and I think a lot of veterans I have heard from we're given no letter, no forms nothing, so check

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2012, 15:53

any insiders in NDHQ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Oct 2012, 15:52

How bought the 3B releases from CF since SISIP inception? Good place to start?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next