Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edit by Forum Master: Ongoing Negotiations: Dennis Made an Incorrect Statement about the Settlement. It is still being negotiated

+2
peep
K9
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Edit by Forum Master: Ongoing Negotiations: Dennis Made an Incorrect Statement about the Settlement.  It is still being negotiated Empty Re: Edit by Forum Master: Ongoing Negotiations: Dennis Made an Incorrect Statement about the Settlement. It is still being negotiated

Post by Teentitan Mon 29 Oct 2012, 10:46

Yes I am zero sum and I have recieved my phone call that my package is in the mail. Though with Hurricane Sandy about to slam Canada that might be in a few more days. Gotta run I have an ark to build! LOL
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Edit by Forum Master: Ongoing Negotiations: Dennis Made an Incorrect Statement about the Settlement.  It is still being negotiated Empty Re: Edit by Forum Master: Ongoing Negotiations: Dennis Made an Incorrect Statement about the Settlement. It is still being negotiated

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2012, 10:25

Hey Teen, are you a zero sum claimant? If so, have you received your
"package yet"? thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2012, 10:00

I believe Denis got over excited and tried tom give us some info, I did the same mistake with the military colective and it created... well waht we have now!!! Sorry it happenend to me and sorry it happened to Denis. I understand acerman, if he has gone throught what I have and I am sure many others have, he is in his full right to question everything!!! The question is one thing, to be vegelent is another, to be shure we are getting what is should is very important but now is not the time. Wait till we get the settlement and then go for it. Immagening all of the deffent aspects and discusing of them will only make all of us more aware of all that is at stake here. But let's keep it a conversation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 28 Oct 2012, 15:23

Peep and all I know that you have come to trust me to get information but unfortunately I do not have anything.

All I have been told is now that the negotiations are in the final proxies both sides have agreed that the blackout of information is in effect.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Sun 28 Oct 2012, 14:33

Well if it is still in progress, is it safe to say:
-First talks started zerosum's that did not take training and submitted all yearly medical reports
-second talks will start Vets with CPP (D) with only a small break between two years on LTD and the CPP (D) start
-third talks are for remaining Vets that are disabled to be submitted by lawyer and sisip but decided upon by a indipendent third party.
-Forth talks are for back pay, damages and interest
- final talks are for the 2 years on any 3B release

Do I have this right?

While we are all very happy for Navrat, acerman's comments and fears do cover the overwhelming remainder of us. If navrat was simply offered to finish grade 12 thru sisip, he now to would be disqualified, and maybe would of lost close ones and valuables.

It better not be over, or I need to hire anather lawyer. silent
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 28 Oct 2012, 14:09

NOTE FROM CSAT FORUM MASTER:

When Dennis made the statement "settlement is finished" he was WRONG. The negotiations are still ongoing so that is why I was requested to change the title of this topic.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Oct 2012, 17:23

Old vet,

You may have been zeroed because of CPPD, but if you recalculate those amounts and subtract any VA monies then you should be under the 75% for the last 3 yrs. this means that anything you still owe them will probably disappear and the may still owe you some after disregarding any VA monies. (easy to to guess is... Is the monthly CPPD amount less than the VA amounts they will be disregarding?)

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Sat 27 Oct 2012, 13:17

Thanks
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Oct 2012, 13:14

Whenever ,peeps, I have called to sisip I have always asked questions, this is what was told to me, I hope it's true, I was told mine was worked on Monday because mine was an easy one and they had all my medicals from every year, that is what I was told, she also said , good for you , you followed instructions and completed them , so many have not. I am only repeating what I was told, do I believe it, who knows

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Sat 27 Oct 2012, 13:09

Navrat your words are comforting but can you tell me if it's what you feel or believe, or is it from a. Firm source?

Denis's coments have spooked me a bit.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Oct 2012, 13:05

There's really nothing you can do, my friend, they will always do what they want to do, just hang tight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Oct 2012, 12:52

I asked my CM if I should pay back the money I received from CPPD, and she said to hold on, it would reduced from my retro. That's why I am a little concerned. I have been screwed over so many times by SISIP, I don't know wht to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Oct 2012, 12:49

I think you will, old vet, but if you owe money for CPPD , sisip will take that money back because CPPD is an income replace ment and thy can deduct and will deduct it. They deduct CPPD from my cheque but only at the rate in the year you got CPPD , for me 2004 rate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Oct 2012, 12:40

My situation is a little different, I was on SISIP for almost 6 years before they told me to apply for CPPD 3 years ago, I was approved, then because of that zero'd out. I sent half of my CPPD retro back to SISIP and still have money owed to them. I am on the first list, do you think, I will see a cheque?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Oct 2012, 12:30

Hi, old vet, my cheque only had CPPD deducted and income tax, so 75 percent of my release pay indexed to this year, minus CPPD from 2004 rate and income tax , thats it

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next