Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone, Dennis, know the timeline of payments once the settlement is approved?

3 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Does anyone, Dennis, know the timeline of payments once the settlement is approved? Empty Re: Does anyone, Dennis, know the timeline of payments once the settlement is approved?

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2013, 17:33

Joe citizen can move anywhere in the world and not have to declare taxes if they are gone more than six months. Which is a huge tax savings! On the other hand us Soldiers are sent overseas for 6 months or more and have to pay Ontario tax. We don't get the tax saving Joe citizen gets.

In retrospect I would rather pay taxes and work in Canada than work in Dubai, Iraq or Afghanistan again as it is just too damn HOT for my pale white skin to tolerate.

Back to top Go down

Does anyone, Dennis, know the timeline of payments once the settlement is approved? Empty Re: Does anyone, Dennis, know the timeline of payments once the settlement is approved?

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2013, 17:16

Native tax exemption is not just for those residing on the reserves. It is for all natives living anywhere in Canada and is grandfathered in several generations back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2013, 17:13

If you live outside Canada and declare your- self to CRA a non resident for tax purposes you pay no Canadian Taxes until you become a permanent resident again. My neighbours son teaches in Dubai and gets a tax free salary in Dubai and also pays nothing here because he's a non resident, he cut all his ties and has been out of the country longer than 6 months

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2013, 17:05

Yawns are not the only infectious things out there besides germs.

Giggles can spread from person to person.

So can blushing.

But maybe the most powerful infectious thing is the act of speaking the truth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2013, 17:04

Anyway, I have beaten this subject to death so time to move on. I was so pissed when I had to declare bankruptcy that i started university. I could only manage 2 courses per semester as i suffer from chronic pain. All my courses were business courses and i ended up with merely a Diploma in Business but i took great advantage of the knowledge learned. I became particularly interested in tax law and my eyes were opened as to how and why people with money pay so much less than average tax payers. Simply put....the average taxpayer automatically thinks he or she has no recourse but to pay what is demanded whereby the rich buggers hire professionals to navigate the tax laws and all their pitfalls and/or benefits. A simple trip to a tax lawyer may save people tens of thousands, it all depends on our risk factors i guess. I, for one, was willing to pay for an hour of legal advice on this issue and the myriad of possibilities available for my personal circumstance pleasantly surprised me. My lawyer sister did not have the expertise needed for tax law but did steer me in right direction. If one person on this forum takes my advice and ends up saving tax dollars then its all good. Just an exchange of ideas and knowledge guys. By the way, HST here on the rock is 13%

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2013, 17:04

All people that live outside of Canada pay Ontario Taxes.
As for Natives only Status Natives don't pay the 8% old HST unless you live on a Reservation then you don't pay any FED taxes not even personal income taxes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2013, 17:01

For people who pay taxes in this country it was a surprise because I am not a resident of NS nor BC where the offices of the law firms are located. I was told that HST was only payable in the province where the law offices were located, so yes it did come to my surprise and alot of others also

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2013, 16:58

This is where it's going to get tricky, you got natives , some pay tax some dont, you have cdn who live in different countries who are non residents of Canada for tax purposes, You got Wills who does it the Tony Soprano way, he is the law firm going to realistically calculate this for each person?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2013, 16:58

Also i cant believe that people didn't think that the lawyers bill would not include taxes. Its a service you go to get your car fixed they don't tell you what the full cost we now we pay taxes. They give you the sub total there is no surprise when they add the taxes and the end that's common knowledge so why are people angry.

Last edited by DCHD on Thu 03 Jan 2013, 17:01; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2013, 16:54

In Ontario its HST and it's 13 percent, alot to add on, heard out east it's 15 for NS and who knows for NFLD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2013, 16:50

That would really suck if people had to the 8% HST as well. I would like the the Lawyers office to bill me direct. I have native status and dont pay 8% HSt for services.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2013, 16:48

NO WAY! The Sparrow is always the first to go,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2013, 16:37

That's true, Wills, ok, lets proceed this way, we will get Sparrow to do it, if it works for her were laughing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2013, 16:35

It is honest. Rich people pay far less tax than the average person because they research legal loopholes and proceed accordingly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2013, 16:33

Or worse, Mr. Toope

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next