Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sisip ltd till 65 then what????

+4
K9
Sapper Zodiak
puddleduk2
bigrex
8 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sisip ltd till 65 then what???? Empty Re: Sisip ltd till 65 then what????

Post by 1993firebird Mon 21 Dec 2015, 08:46

then you die.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Wed 25 Nov 2015, 17:53

Think I will write a letter to Hehr....
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Nov 2015, 17:30

SISIP falls under he CDS....our new MVA does have an appointment within the department of National Defence this is something new so any changes to the SISIP policy could very well now be influenced by our MVA....the problem is that if Mr. Hehr is unaware of the cut off for Jan 01 1995 to be grandfathered for life clause....it's likely to go nowhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Wed 25 Nov 2015, 17:02

So with the new government, I wonder if we will see anything change with this. If I remember correctly, the Conservatives were going to do something about this. For myself personally, SISIP LTD will run out at 65 tho I still get a VAC pension and CFSA...and a small CPP and OAS at 65. Still pisses me off that we paid into SISIP LTD and it was for life and they changed it less than a year before my release date to cease at 65. Should have grandfathered us in.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Dec 2012, 21:24

Due to stress related to all this i will be in my second childhood within weeks so when i turn 65 i will feel 18 and reenrolled in the USMC! How about you ? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Dec 2012, 20:09

from what ive been reading about this and other programs this was done to ballance the budjet by the liberals so im guessing their wasnt a lot of a big stink at least by the opposition tories as this was right up their wheelhouse as well so to speek.i suppose it could change back again but it would take a radical change in government.

just my oppinion

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Sun 23 Dec 2012, 19:37

I just don't understand how the goc could have changed sisip like they did - from life to only age 65.

One would think that if u were paying into sisip at the time....how could they have changed it like that? It should have been for life for those that were currently paying into it because that was one of the reasons we were purchasing sisip. oh well, i doubt it will ever be changed back.

crappy system.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Dec 2012, 18:01

thanks a lot for the info saber it is greatly appriciated and verry interesting reading especially the timlines in respect to the timelines in the changes to the cf pention.

thanks again

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrelove Sun 23 Dec 2012, 17:57

Propat, it looks like major changes to the policy were effective 1 Dec 99, so that's were you probably got that date. One of the major changes was that reservists on all classes of service are now included in the policy, not just those on Class C. There's now a whole section on LTD benefits for reservists.
Sabrelove

sabrelove
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Dec 2012, 17:43

nemo im sooo sory about that i was sure it was 99 must have had it confused with another change it really sucks you missed it by that short of time.im with navrat on his posting above this really doesnt seem fair.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Sun 23 Dec 2012, 17:30

so that explains why at some point when i served, i thought of sisip ltd was for life. then when i got out, i remember a surprise that is was till age 65.

one would have thought that for anyone paying into sisip back then - that they should have been in the 'for life' mode with sisip ltd. obviously not. i got my ltd in 96, so missed this by 18 months.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrelove Sun 23 Dec 2012, 17:20

I'll bet it was because people already claim LTD bebfits were not affected and people applying for benefits were not given a copy of the old policy. When hubby got out in 98, we were given a booklet and it did not say anything about the previous policy. Up til then, we were quite ignorant of the details of LTD because we were never going to need it, so why learn anything about it! I am glad that it was a mandatory policy because without it, there was no way hubby would be able to made 75% of his income after release.
Sabrelove

sabrelove
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Dec 2012, 17:12

I wonder why there was not an outcry back then about them cutting the for life benefit of ltd, ?

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrelove Sun 23 Dec 2012, 17:04

LTD payments stopping at 65 was effective in 1995.

Here is the link to the SISIP Policy 901102.
https://www.cfpsa.com/en/AboutUs/SISIPFS/download/Documents/901102_e.pdf

Go to Previous Policies - Part III Pre-December 1, 1999 LTD. Para 58 Limitations and Exceptions sub-para d.
"Effective January 1, 1995, no benefits are payable to an insured member after after he reaches the age of 65. This limitation applies only to an insured member whose claim for benefits is approved on or after January 1,1995."

Last edited by sabrelove on Sun 23 Dec 2012, 17:35; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : date correction - I hate typing on laptops!)

sabrelove
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Dec 2012, 15:49

I still believe ltd till 65 is wrong, your expenses don't stop and the GOC raised the retirement age to 67 , does that mean CPPD and sisip will go to 67 instead of 65, also is it not age discrimation to stop ltd at 65 ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next