Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sisip ltd till 65 then what????

+4
K9
Sapper Zodiak
puddleduk2
bigrex
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sisip ltd till 65 then what???? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sisip ltd till 65 then what????

Post by Guest Wed 12 Dec 2012, 08:43

Was you Mom a government employ with a GOV pension if so must be age 60 but i hope that all changes to age 67 even SISIP two additional years before we get cut off.

Back to top Go down

Sisip ltd till 65 then what???? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sisip ltd till 65 then what????

Post by puddleduk2 Wed 12 Dec 2012, 07:35

never attended a single scan seminar, never received any pre or post seminars, just left alone with my med's.

it is only mandatory to change from cpp(d) to regular cpp at age 65, not 60 or our choice, already mandated by the government, it will be done for us that are on cpp(d).

i do not get the bridge benefit (clawed back) on my indexed CF pension, but am indexed on cpp(d), they won't be much of a surprise when it does convert over and happen.

unless the govenment raises the age by two years from 65 to 67,

the early start date for those not on cpp(d) for early application is age 60 currently.

my mom applied early and took a 30% reduction to her regular cpp years ago, this is how i know about the reduction at age 60, none at 65 for regular pensioners, and increase at age 70 by 30%.

Last edited by puddleduk2 on Wed 12 Dec 2012, 07:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition of (clawed back))
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Dec 2012, 07:03

puddleduk2 FYI once ant Vet turns 60 years of age you must start collecting your CCP until age 65 then it stops. If you dont collect at age 60 and say you start at age 62 you just lost 2 years and just get it for 3 years no retro. This is common knowledge and has been say numerous time at SCAM seminars I went to about 20 over my 26 years with the forces to keep updated on how the GOC was going to screw us over I just couldn't get enough of stuff like that it made retirement seem so fruitful. Anyway don't forget to apply i know people that didn't and have lost out.

Chimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Dec 2012, 02:19

Their life insurance coverage after release is the same I'm covered until 65 and that it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 17:25

Peter, peter, what do you think?

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Tue 11 Dec 2012, 17:13

This is mainly why the new charter is so bad!
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 11 Dec 2012, 17:10

I knew that SISIP used to be for life, but I didn't realize that it was that late. This makes the realization that even more members of the class will be taken care of for life, while many will be left to suffer at the age of 65.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Tue 11 Dec 2012, 16:45

Confusing issue here people...I was told that those of use "fortunate enough" to be maimed and disabled for life prior to 1999 have LTD until death. After 1999 only until age 65?!

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Tue 11 Dec 2012, 16:40

Previously you could elect to start cpp by age 60 at a 30% reduction, or no reduction at age 65, or 30% increase if you wait til age 70.

Our cpp(d) will automatically convert to regular cpp at whatever age it happens to be legislated.
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Tue 11 Dec 2012, 16:38

Question, if sisip stops at age 65, and by the time we get there the mandatory age changes to age 67 which is happening or happened..

Where does that put us for those interim years with no sisip..
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 15:05

Nav I will start digging a trench in the back yard!!!!! and my husband carves the turkey silly>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 14:13

That would only be fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 14:09

Back to 1976 ? very interesting ...................what indeed this might bring about ???

For Country
Recon031

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 14:03

Very good intel, Big Rex, Peter , stop loading the brinks truck with my settlement cash, and take a second to view this

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 11 Dec 2012, 14:00

well seeing as there is no mandatory retirement age, and the current Government is pushing for Canadians to take CPP and OAS as late as possible, maybe they should abolish the age limit. Also, if I'm not mistaken, SISIP at one time was for life,and the changes to reflect the current cessation at 65 happened in the 80's, which if the lawsuit is backdated to before those changes were made, will create another unequal treatment of Veterans based on their medical release year.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next