Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yet Again, Class Action Shows That Class Action Lawsuits Are Mostly About Making Lawyers Rich

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Yet Again, Class Action Shows That Class Action Lawsuits Are Mostly About Making Lawyers Rich - Page 3 Empty Re: Yet Again, Class Action Shows That Class Action Lawsuits Are Mostly About Making Lawyers Rich

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 20:04

barton is it safe to say you would have got aprox 27000 after tax if it was paid when you should have?

propat

Back to top Go down

Yet Again, Class Action Shows That Class Action Lawsuits Are Mostly About Making Lawyers Rich - Page 3 Empty Re: Yet Again, Class Action Shows That Class Action Lawsuits Are Mostly About Making Lawyers Rich

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 19:57

well not touchy to me but we do not even know what they will be.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 19:56

My Goal is for everyone here to come back here in January and ask yourself once we see our hard fought for settlement proposal, is our system so much better than the USA? Are our lawyers really out for our greater good? Thanks for voicing your opinion!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 19:49

Being new here I don't want anyone to think I don't think the lawyers deserve a fee for there services but if they get 180000000 then I really don't care what anyone thinks, that is criminal , and it's being payed by a group of people who sometimes can't really afford to give up 30 percent. I am owed 38 000 dollars for 24 months clawback, but after legal and income tax I will only clear 18000 dollars. My brother in law is an accountant for kpmg and I explained to him what I know and he stated this is the usual out come in class actions. It's something we should all be aware of. I was afraid to post on here because this forum and website is so pro lawyer that you really don't get a fair shot, if the lawyers get 180000000 can whoever owns or runs this site honestly believe that this was fair and without damages or legal fees covered still believe this was a good deal for veterans? I hope the owners show some impartial views because to me anyone on here even questioning the law firm gets shut down and makes you wonder if the law firm is not funding Veteran Voice Info? Just my opinion and if I offended anyone It was not my intention, just to seek the truth, what the hells going on with these legal fees and why are they such a touchy subject?

Back to top Go down

Yet Again, Class Action Shows That Class Action Lawsuits Are Mostly About Making Lawyers Rich - Page 3 Empty Yet Again, Class Action Shows That Class Action Lawsuits Are Mostly About Making Lawyers Rich

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 19:34

If McInnes-Cooper-Driscoll our law Firm gets 50-180 million Dollars and we get 55- 60 cents on the dollar or less it sure STINKS------

Please refer back to this blog entry after we get the settlement proposal

Read and be informed:

This is an american class action suit ......So it may not apply:

For years, we've been pointing out that our class action lawsuit system is broken. It makes sense, in theory, that if a large group of people are wronged, they can team up to right that wrong—but in practice it has morphed into a system where a bunch of

bottom-feeder lawyers sue just about any company at every opportunity... and then those lawyers end up taking the bulk of the money. The "class" (the people supposedly wronged) rarely get much, if any money at all.

Of course, one of the first stories that clued me into all of this involved a settlement in a class action lawsuit against -------way back in 2005, in which the lawyers got $2.5 million... and everyone in the "class" just got their accounts upgraded for a month

As I noted at the time, this seemed more like a promotional stunt for ------ and

a way for a bunch of lawyers to make a ton of money.

So it's interesting to see that with yet another class action lawsuit being settled involving-----, there are similar concerns. A whole bunch of folks sent in variations on

the fact that ------- will be paying out $9 million with a grand total of none of it going to the class (unless you happened to be one of the two named plaintiffs -- Jeff Milans and Peter Comstock -- who get to split $30,000). Most of the money is going to a charity.
But somewhere around $2.25 million is going to the lawyers.

To be clear, I think the lawsuit itself is a bit silly anyway. It involves the fact that------- retained info on customers who quit. Big whoop. But whether or not you agree with the premise of the lawsuit, the end result seems even sillier:

those supposedly "harmed" get nothing, but the lawyers walk away with over $2 million? It's this kind of thing that creates incentives for more such lawsuits driven by law firms in the hopes of cashing in.[/size]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3