Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATE OF ECONOMIC AND FISCAL PROJECTIONS — 2012: PART 3 OF 3

3 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

UPDATE OF ECONOMIC AND FISCAL PROJECTIONS — 2012: PART 3 OF 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: UPDATE OF ECONOMIC AND FISCAL PROJECTIONS — 2012: PART 3 OF 3

Post by dennismanuge Thu 27 Dec 2012, 19:02

I would not leak specifics, Big Rex is right, however, I cannot, and that is out of respect to our legal team and the process they have endured with me, long before their was people chatting on here....

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2012-12-04

http://leavenovetbehind.ca/home

Back to top Go down

UPDATE OF ECONOMIC AND FISCAL PROJECTIONS — 2012: PART 3 OF 3 - Page 4 Empty Re: UPDATE OF ECONOMIC AND FISCAL PROJECTIONS — 2012: PART 3 OF 3

Post by dennismanuge Thu 27 Dec 2012, 18:59

If you mean his thoughts on the 30% for legal fees all I can say at this point is that was the contingency fee arrangement signed by me to get this case into the courts with Peter, Dan and Wards help. It is a "standard" starting point, nothing more, nothing less as it is up to the legal team to decide what they feel is appropriate to "ask for" from the judge and it is up to the judge to agree, disagree or set his fees accordingly.

Initially Peter and his law firm at that time, paid for me to consult with an independent lawyer of my choosing to look over all the paper work including potential fee arrangements to ensure I and the class were not getting a raw deal from the start. After that consult and subsequent discussions with the class members I was close to at the time, we agreed we were getting a legitimate and very fair start to the process, as it was explained to me by Peter, and other legal folks that ultimately the judge reviews fees, costs, disbursements, case law, etc, and then renders a decision on what our legal folks will receive.

Again, I cannot go into specifics at all, but I feel strongly that class members will be pleased and respectful of the legal fees that will be asked for.

I know it is frustrating. BELIEVE ME I KNOW. However, we only have days left until all can view the settlement proposal.

Cheers

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 18:58

CdnSoldier welcome. Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 27 Dec 2012, 18:57

he is not allowed to say if he is close or not because of the gag order. Even though there is no longer any real requirement for it. After all, if it gets leaked, it's not like the lawyers are going to demand that it gets modified before seeing the Judge
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 18:50

Navrats comment:

300000 owed
-90000 legal fees
-120000 taxes (check ufile.ca income tax calculator )
Including ontario health premium s for 10 years
90000 in pocket

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Thu 27 Dec 2012, 18:45

which projections? Cdn
Can you quote or copy and paste?
D

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 18:44

One Attempt at a Question and its not personal it is for another !

Is Navrat total off track with his projections? Taxes and legal fees

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 18:42

Damn i have a billion questions to ask you and you cant answer any!

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Thu 27 Dec 2012, 18:40

I have never used an alias and I don't plan on starting now...

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Thu 27 Dec 2012, 18:39

Just a guy, man, nobody special...

I can assure you that I am Dennis "The Menace" Manuge (at least the government thinks I am a Menace) the target of the wrath of some and who knows what else from others, LOL.

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 18:36

You should get an alias! Your name is causing racing strips in my shorts!
I am actually talking to real DM . Would the real Dennis please stand up !LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Thu 27 Dec 2012, 18:30

Did not say that

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 18:28

So can we extrapolate that Mr Harper's Credit Card is picking up the legal fees.-When Pigs Fly!

Back to top Go down

UPDATE OF ECONOMIC AND FISCAL PROJECTIONS — 2012: PART 3 OF 3 - Page 4 Empty UPDATE OF ECONOMIC AND FISCAL PROJECTIONS — 2012: PART 3 OF 3

Post by dennismanuge Thu 27 Dec 2012, 18:23

Department of Finance: UPDATE OF ECONOMIC AND FISCAL PROJECTIONS — 2012:
PART 3 O
F 3

http://www.fin.gc.ca/efp-pef/2012/efp-pef-03-eng.asp

Reference link above

Quote from Reference below:

"With respect to new policy decisions, a significant portion of the expected increase in expenses for 2012–13 is related to the Government’s decision not to appeal the Federal Court of Canada decision regarding the offset of the Pension Act disability benefits from the Service Income Security Insurance Plan (SISIP). Following that decision, the Government discontinued the application of this offset to SISIP and decided to harmonize Veterans Affairs’ disability benefits with the changes to SISIP in order to ensure that servicemen and servicewomen who become disabled will receive full benefits and services. Under public sector accounting rules, the Government is obligated to record the full cost of these changes in its financial statements immediately as opposed to the moment these payments will be made to veterans, based on the existing population of veterans eligible for the additional benefits. In addition, the Government will accrue an additional small cost in subsequent years as new veterans become eligible for these benefits. The cost of these changes is estimated to be $1.9 billion over seven years, of which $0.5 billion was recorded in 2011–12. Of the remaining amount, $1.1 billion is expected to be recorded in 2012–13, with the remainder being recorded in subsequent years."

Dennis

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4