Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPP D APPLYING YRS LATER

+2
Teentitan
rucksack031
6 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

CPP D APPLYING YRS LATER - Page 2 Empty Re: CPP D APPLYING YRS LATER

Post by bigrex Mon 21 Jan 2013, 22:53

Ok, so I guess you obviously don't like the forums, the people on it, or our lazy out of work asses, so leave then. Nobody is asking you to stay. Hell, we didn't send you a written invitation to sign in. So have a good life arresting lazy mentally ill people.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 22:52

Big Rex, please turn in your Victoria Cross, Your the type of persons I encounter daily, Everyone owes you what about you owing and taking care of yourself instead of my tax dollars and many other veterans tax dollars going to a professional , whose only purpose is to squeeze as many dollars as possible from every program available. You served have some respect!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 22:47

The day I would be so stupid as to give my name and badge number on a forum that encourages disability , the industry of disability, is the day I would turn it in and join you, not going to happen!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 21 Jan 2013, 22:45

The only reasoning behind the NVC is to save money. Geting Veterans back into the workforce is a bunch of BS. I know plenty of Veterans who were getting PA pensions and still were able to have second careers, but other have not been so lucky. There are younger Vets who got their lump sums and the PIA and sit home, not because they're lazy, but their illnesses prevent them from working. Injuries don't affect Veterans differently just because they were injured pre or post 2006.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 21 Jan 2013, 22:38

Also Kyle, if I was to waste my life, I would be lying around, getting drunk or numbing myself with prescription meds, but if I can come on these forums throughout the day, and actually help another Veteran, instead of hurling accusations or cutting others down, like you tend to do, then I feel that I am still able to contribute to our community, even though I'm not out earning a wage. Please send me your Name and badge number , so that in the case that if I ever do require the services of HRPD, I will request that you not be assigned. I don't need anyone coming into a possible situation with preconceived notions of who I am or what I may be dealing with.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 22:36

Tara, Mental illness in most cases can and is successfully treated, period. Consult any Doctor and simply ask, Is Mental Illness treatable and can it be cured? I am sure you know the answer. As for recommending different career paths for different posters what is wrong with that. Is it better to sit back and collect a cheque or is it better to get the disabled veteran back into the workforce to restore pride and dignity? Look at Mr. George's on here, even being disabled he still works part time and I am sure this gives him a sense of purpose. Have you ever wondered why the NVC was brought in to effect, this was because under the old system there was no ambition to succeed, to get ahead, it's quite sad to hear so many on here who have been disabled have decided just to give up and collect a cheque, pride. As for becoming a police officer , I earned it, I had to work hard because I was recovering from cancer but I never gave up, never give up, live life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 22:18

Seaboxer ,

That was very moving , so much to the point that i felt every word running its due course through every vein in my body , amazing ......

I've been there , & i'm still in there ..........i'm still looking for a way out .
I'm speechless having read that ...........The Demons just won't leave

For Country
Retired ArmyMasterSniper
Dave Fitzpatrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 21:56

I am not one to post a lot, but this really disturbed me. There were individuals in this thread that were being incredibly open & honest about how difficult the process of applying for CPP(D) was for them, but they accomplished it. Just to sit down and write is a challenge for many, never mind have it be of such a personal nature. Then this was posted:

KyleRCR wrote: All mental Illness can be cured or the person can be rehabilited to the point of at least part time work.

I find this statement quite sad & disturbing considering that this person purports to be a Police Officer & a Veteran. A quick browse through the DSM is pretty firm on the point that there is NO cure for Mental Ilness, it never leaves you. Yes, with therapy, meds, and lots of work there are some individuals that are able to overcome the challenges that their mental illness presented, but they aren't "cured", it is still with them and always will be. No different then living with diabetes etc, except it isn't a visible injury, so of course that is when the judgements start.

It is wonderful that KyleRCR served, was rehabilitated and now has a second career in law enforcement. However, it would be prudent to remember that an incredible number of veterans did not receive a "Depart with Dignity" release, and have had to fight for everything. Not to mention that things still might not be perfect in the CF world as far as Medical/Psycho-Social svcs, but they are a thousand times better then a decade ago, when it was commonplace to just send a Veteran home on extended Sick Leave for 2-3 yrs, until they were Med Rel. The CF Med Svcs now know - through US Research that this is the absolute worst thing that could have been done to a wounded Vet. To deal with injuries (mental & physical) and then have the entire fabric of their lives ripped apart, was incredibly devastating. Throw in little or no access to qualified Therapists, so individuals were not able to start Therapy and a healing path in a timely manner, add the Drug Cocktails that were prescribed, because "if we can't get you into therapy, we will numb you out with drugs." For so many of these Veterans who served in Peace Keeping Missions around the world, there was absolutely no system in place, so they came home and continued to serve until they could no longer. The secondary wounding that many of these veterans sustained during that time is almost, if not as bad as the intial traumas. I think I can safely speak for the overwhelming majority on this forum that there isn't one of us who wouldn't trade every "benefit" that we are owed, that's right "OWED" to be whole and healthy again.
First of all as a Veteran, I would like to think that we all have compassion for each other, I mean seriously who I am I to judge what another has gone and is going through? Secondly, as a Police Officer like KyleRCR says he is it is actually kind of scary to be that judgemental. To "reccommend" to individuals what they could do for an occupation, or to infer that they spend a lot of time on this forum is incredibly insensitive. Maybe this is the only place where they feel accepted & understood. We have all walked a path to get to this point, some have had incredibly ardous paths, some have had short & neat paths by the sounds of it. You know what they say about people in glass houses. I for one, after my second suicide attempt and second lockdown in a Psych Unit, realized that I am really not all that different then the guy they hauled off the street corner who thought he was Jesus, we were both hurting messes of humanity, that once we had the proper meds and rest could face our demons again.

My thoughts fwiw:)

Tara

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 21 Jan 2013, 21:03

Kyle, unfortunately, most employers do not look for employees that are physically unable to work. Even data entry positions require you to to sit at a computer for 8 hours, which I am unable to do. Believe me, I tried at several call centres after I released. Even when my back was physically more able to remain seated for longer periods, they all required a minimum typing capability, and while it might seem that it is easy to type on here, it takes me several minutes to complete a post since I also suffer from peripheral neuropathy, which means that I cannot feel my left hand, so typing involves one hand and a finger poking, or else it is just gobblygook. Believe me, I looked at all my options in order to feed my family when SISIP denied me back in 2008. I was lucky enough to get a job as a dispatcher with Security at the HI, but once the Commissionaires lost that contract, the next job I had just sent my health spiraling.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 20:34

Wills Ridge you seem to provide alot of income tax related information, why not go into preparing taxes, it's seems you can think and add and subtract, there is paid work for that . Big Rex you seem to do good at data entry why not get a job doing this. Both you seem available on a daily basis for these forums, just a thought. why waste your remaining life?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 19:08

Thanks bigrex. I also has to go through an Occupational Therapist barrage of testing and was basically told the same as you and yes kyle seems to think everyone has mental health issues and not physical.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 21 Jan 2013, 18:57

I agree Will, Kyle may come across some in his new job that make a living out of bilking the public purse, but I don't think that severely disabled Veterans should be lumped in with those people. In order to get the benefits from VAC, you need to prove it. They don't just hand them over at your request. In order to get approved for EELB, not only did I have to have my Dr fill out tons of paperwork, I also had to have a functionality test performed by an Occupational Therapist. It took 3 hours over 2 days, followed by a massage to allow me to get back out the door. Afterwards, she submitted a 20 page report detailing, not only my limitations, but how much effort I put into conducting the test. I pushed myself to the point of falling down several times during the test. She determined that I would be able to work at a stationary job for 1 hour per day. I don't know of any employer that would even bother hiring someone that couldn't even work 1/4 of a standard workday. And I'm sure there are Veterans out there that can't even do that much.

Also, from everything I've read from your posts, you seem to be assuming that everyone that is unable to work, it is due to mental health issues, but that could not be farther from the truth. We may all suffer from some sort of depression, anxiety or PTSD, but it is more likely physical limitations that are keeping us out of the workforce.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 16:27

KyleRCR happy for you but to meet the prerequisites of a cop, even in Halifax, must be somewhat akin to our basic training. Im assuming you are in great physical form. I am on CPPD and twice willingly cancelled it to try to work. Physical pain was just far too great and had to go back to CPPD. Last time I was told by CPPD that if I tried to go back to work again for the 3rd time they would cancel my file totally even though their paperwork says they encourage people to try to go back to work. I am not lazy and would give everything to be healthy and fit but for some of us its just not possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 16:24

I took all my forms into Service Canada today and got the clerk to check that everything was OK. On the first page the first line that I had to fill in I totally forgot or missed filling this in, this line asked for my name! Good thing I got the clerk to look at it....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:03

Good Morning Mrs. Gallant

My Name is Sergeant xxxxx xxxxxxxxxx CD a retired military veteran who resides in the riding of Renfrew-Nipissing-Pembroke I write your office today and once again ask that you assist our disabled military and RCMP veterans. Your assistance will be required in gaining declarations from SISIP LTD that will place the loss of veteran contributions solely in the hands of the Policy Holders and Policy Management that failed to honour a Long Term Disability Life Insurance Policy 901102 forced onto all members of the Canadian Forces. Due to the SISIP Class Action Suit an estimated 1200 or so "zero sum” members will have to apply for CPPD benefits as directed SISIP policy in order to even continue with the insurance policy guidelines. The problem arises from with this Mrs. Gallant is that many of these former military members have not made contributions to the CPP due to being denied a monthly Long Term Disability benefit from SISIP. Had the veteran been given the benefit then the requirement of a yearly contribution would have been honoured, however many veterans have failed to contribute financially and will see more restrictions and blocked roads with red tape that will deny those most deserving a chance of even applying for a CPPD Benefit. A more severe problem will arise as many former members had lost hope and accepted that the only financial assistance most would see would be from Veterans Affairs Canada and if those that were lucky enough a Canadian Forces Pension that limited any contribution to nil. All I ask from your office is to address the House of Commons and ask if the Policy Holder can address this issue and return faith and honour back to the veterans that they should have supported. I realize that Service Canada controls the applications of any potential CPPD applicant but that such amendments for those that have been denied a taxed Long Term Disability Benefit due to a legal "imposition" should be given special criteria status through a letter from SISIP when an applicant applies for CPPD.

Thank you for your ongoing support and I look forward to hearing from you in writing or even an appointment with you specifically.

Last edited by SteveRobbieRoyal on Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next