Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPP D APPLYING YRS LATER

+2
Teentitan
rucksack031
6 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

CPP D APPLYING YRS LATER - Page 5 Empty Re: CPP D APPLYING YRS LATER

Post by RCN-Retired Sun 20 Jan 2013, 02:21

I applied when released back in 2001 and was denied, I believe I could have appealed but at the time I was in a fight for my life with VAC and just had no support services or ability to fight the government on two fronts. 11 years later have never had a job, could not concentrate for any retraining and here one sits. Does anyone know if one is able to reapply even after all these years? Stinks that I am pretty much 100% disabled and denied for CPPD.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 16:53

I agree with you rucksack lets hope no one falls between the cracks again, your situation is rare but like you said it happens and the only way we learn is through others adversity or accomplishments, thanks brother

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Sat 19 Jan 2013, 15:00

wife of Veteran, I did include the exception as to why I did not apply earlier, and was turned down, maybe I was a exception to the rule but shall review all documentation from cppd,maybe I over looked something, thus the reason for posting what happen to myself, so hopefully it does not happen to anyone else, and thank you very much for your advise well recieved and all the best to you and your Family.
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Wife of a Veteran Sat 19 Jan 2013, 14:32

Last edited by Wife of a Veteran on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 16:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ,)

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Sat 19 Jan 2013, 14:24

Thanks sparrow i shall, I think after reading your threads and Robbies, and know putting up my own experience for those to view, lets hope no one else falls in the cracks. We shall see and will advise you of any out come, AFTER all i have my dnd pension/ Dva 98%/ and recieved MY letter for TPI/LTD approval so I am fine.
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 13:54

Rucksack031, yes reapply. Expand on your narratives on the application explaining how these conditions affect your life, family et al. At least give it another go. I wish you success, you deserve to be approved.Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Sat 19 Jan 2013, 13:51

Hey SPARROW AND ROBBIE i DID Attach a letter in great detail stating the exceptions to that time of delay with my application not only my MD letters from 2 nero surgeons who performed the two surg, three otho-Ped surgeons reports on there surg on me, my physciatrist rep, and on and on. YA I got screwed, but I have to accept some of the fault for not crossing my T and dotting my I, That being said I have no anger or reget but being a stubborn soldier i shall take your concers and comfort and persure this again.
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 13:47

Repost From Previous For Reference Redfisher1

CPP Disability and Undue Hardship Applications in Response To Sisip LTD
by Sparrow186 on Wed 16 Jan 2013, 17:12

I went to Service Canada today to inquire on two issues that have stemmed from the Class Action suit and implications with Sisip for LTD payments.
First being, the rules for applying for CPP Disability. which is outlined below in the questionairre and notations on Service Canada's Website.

The See if this benefit is for you.

Answer yes or no to these three statements.

1. I am under 65 years of age.

Yes No

2. I stopped working because of my medical condition.

Yes No

3. When I was working, I paid into the CPP for at least four of the last six years.

Yes No

OR
I paid into the CPP for at least 25 years and made valid contributions to the Plan in three of the last six years.

If you answered 'yes' to each of the three statements, you may be able to get a CPP disability benefit. If you answered 'no' to one or more of the statements, it is less likely that you will qualify for a benefit, but there may be some exceptions in your case which can help you qualify.

So based on this publication from CRA. Many veterans including my spouse who has been released 7 years now from the service and unless an exception is made on his CPP D application, it would appear that he would be disqualified and I would summize many will be in this predicament.

Here are the list of exceptions on CRA website.

•I stayed at home and raised my children
•I applied too late for a CPP disability benefit
•I am separated or divorced
•I lived and worked in another country
•I was physically or mentally unable to apply

The other CRA application I inquired on was "Undue Hardships" application. The Service Canada representative had no info or knowledge of such an application however with further looking on their website I located a form called REQUEST FOR TAXPAYER RELIEF RC4288 E (11)

Hope this is useful info.
vious

Last edited by Sparrow186 on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 13:51; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 13:42

What is the time frame to apply? 2 years 3 years...more?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 13:28

Remember Robbie that when applying for CPP D and where the time frame is less than recommended by Service Canada, that you should state the exceptions to that time delay in a detailed letter by you and/or any medical professional. Also, the list of exceptions that I posted previously can be in conjunction with one another. I shall repost the exceptions to make it easier for others as well. Sparrow

Here are the list of exceptions on CRA website.

EXCEPTIONS FOR THE PURPOSE OF CPP D APPLICATION FORMS
•I stayed at home and raised my children
•I applied too late for a CPP disability benefit
•I am separated or divorced
•I lived and worked in another country
•I was physically or mentally unable to apply

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 13:26

I read your post I think you got screwed over brother, being denied an income by a LTD pension would hinder ones ability to contribute and I believe you can also approach through other special circumstances, either way I would ask to speak to someone and revisit this cluster-farce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 13:23

the number i phoned was1 800 277 9914

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 13:21

The rep actually works at Service Canada and helped prepare the package and i thought was a cool guy, friendly and actually helpful and hey RUCKSACK031 I was surprised also.

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Sat 19 Jan 2013, 13:16

Hey Robbie is this by way of a third party or goverment Rep ?
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Jan 2013, 13:08

also note to file he asked me to send with the application any documentation that has a date of total disability, and yes this is the actual CPPD Benefit personal and not the ones that want 25-30% of your claim lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next