Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legal Fees (Assorted Topics)

+27
oldsailor
Dove96
Wife of a Veteran
tiger660
1993firebird
sabrelove
ceedee
beleaf67
puddleduk2
DeeCee
Newfie
Rags
MaggieinNB
Nemo
meathead
pteadams2002
dennismanuge
froggie2u36
OldZipperhead
bigrex
sailor964
Sapper Zodiak
peep
acerman1234
K9
Teentitan
snrnavcom
31 posters

Page 40 of 67 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Go down

Legal Fees (Assorted Topics) - Page 40 Empty Re: Legal Fees (Assorted Topics)

Post by Rags Thu 07 Feb 2013, 07:39

Dennis you have nothing to answer for. Stand Tall your the man.

Life and this is like a championship football game. Everyone is critical of the quarter back that threw left rather then right or ran when some thought they should hold. Emotions get everybody revved up, when the whistle blows and we win everyone relaxes and lifts the hero of the game on there shoulders and the run play in the first quarter is forgotten. This game has just run 6 quarters each a year long. Its almost over Dennis only thing left is a little over time and you win. All will be forgotten your the hero.
Its first and goal at the 1 inch line.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Feb 2013, 07:37

Dennis ,

I respect what you have done , question from 99% of us who cannot be there is , can you finish what you started by representing us at the hearing
concerning the legal fees to ask Justice Barnes to lower the % the lawfirm asks ?

Respectfully,
Hard Ass Grunt

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Wed 06 Feb 2013, 22:54

people really wonder why i get frustrated with this format, forum

Far from perfect but I have been standing up for and on behalf of disabled veterans and have done MORE THAN MY FAIR SHARE OF THE HEAVY LIFTING

For allot longer than the last 8 months after the whiff of settlement and money caused the uproar on here

I did not have the luxury of the good people on here and their support when i was alone trying to figure my way through all of this...

one would hope that affords me a tiny grain of respect from even my harshest critics, but if not, I still die a happy man someday knowing I can look in the mirror and say at least I did something.

D

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2012-12-04

http://leavenovetbehind.ca/home

Back to top Go down

Post by dennismanuge Wed 06 Feb 2013, 22:49

HARD ASS GRUNT wrote:IS THE LEAD PLAINTIFF ON BOARD YET TO STAND UP FOR THE CLASS
AND TELL JUSTICE BARNES WHERE THAT 17% REALLY BELONGS ?

Hard Ass, here is a bit of the highlights of my actions as rep plaintiff....from my afadavit

MY WORK AS REPRESENTATIVE PLAINTIFF
43. During this lawsuit, I performed the following work, which I felt was necessary to advance the interests of the class as a whole:

a. Talking with Class Members and listening to their stories;

b. handling numerous press interviews and inquiries;

c. gathering Class Members for key court hearings;

d. working with , opposition Members of Parliament to put pressure on the

Government;

e. pressuring government Members of Parliament and Cabinet members to end the

Offset;

f. collecting press clippings and reports for use by Class Counsel; and g. advising and strategizing with Class Counsel.

44. At the busiest periods, I would estimate that I have spent an average of 5-10 hours per day on these issues since the litigation commenced. Indeed on several occasions my spouse has urged me to spend less time on the computer, interacting with Class Members, Class Counsel, military leaders and politicians. The effort has been exhausting and painful. It certainly took a toll on my marriage and my emotional health.

45. At times, my intentions and integrity have been criticized and questioned on anonymous internet forums. I have found this to be very disappointing and upsetting, but Ifelt it was important to tough it out and carry on. I am glad to see that our efforts have paid off for all of us.

46. At no time did I ask for compensation for my effmis. At no time prior to the preparation of this motion did Class Counsel suggest to me that they would be making a special request for compensation for my efforts. I appreciate the gesture, but certainly do not demand or insist upon it.

I did not get into the real personal stuff like crisis and suicide interventions in the middle of the night with spouses and class members, by phone because they had no one else to call. happened on two occasions

This is an estimate but somewhere between 500-800 personal stories of what happened to cause disabled veterans PTSD....why did this many people share with me, because I was the only one listening or that they trusted at the time....

Oh yeah and when I was on the phone and computer with disabled veterans I was not present with my wife and child

Respectfully

Dennis

dennismanuge
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2012-12-04

http://leavenovetbehind.ca/home

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Feb 2013, 21:48

my advice to all if this deemed tax thing doesnt get sorted out by the judge.if you have a spare 10 minuets somewhere in the next 6 months ore so. FILL OUT YOUR RC4288 E (11) REQUEST FOR TAXPAYER RELIEF FORM AND SEND IT IN!!!!

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrelove Wed 06 Feb 2013, 19:42

I was doing some internet looking around about legal fees and ran across a decision on a securities class action issued in 2009 from the Ontario Supreme Court of Justice. It's 22 pages long and it show how in-depth the judge goes to render a decision. It gave me a better understanding and insight of how much detail and thought go into deciding legal fees.

http://www.atlasclassaction.com/documents/674429_reasons.pdf

Not trying to be a buzz-kill, but in this instance, the legal fees were decided 3 months after the settlement was done. I reviewed our proposed order and it does not say that it may/will be approved by the judge on 15 Feb 13, only what the timelines are after the order is approved. I would hope that, while the judge has done his research WRT legal fees and comparable cases prior to the 14th, he takes the time to absorb the presentations by our Vets, both in person and in writing, and ensure his judgement is fair. That will probably take more than a day. He may issue an interim order with his final order to follow.

I'm not saying that the decision will be delayed, just asking that you all don't get upset if it is delayed.

Sabrelove (doing a duck and cover...)

sabrelove
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by beleaf67 Wed 06 Feb 2013, 19:15

That was my question from earlier!! 2% plus 2% plus 2% plus 2% plus 2% plus 2% plus 2% plus 2% etc.., It has to work that way when computing the interest on retroactive pay!

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Feb 2013, 19:00

well said patrick im in full agreement.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Wed 06 Feb 2013, 18:55

Those who said this website would die after the 15 th are wrong,
It is part of my daily life and when the setlement will be done, we will be able to continue helping one and another, thanks Teentitan for the oportunity!

Patrick.
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Feb 2013, 18:49

thx K9 for your comments , but its just vets helping vets, and thats the main thing, here on CSAT.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Feb 2013, 18:45

all we can do is try and inform patrick.i hope all will understad the info presented.and thanks for explaining some of the legalities today it really helped my preception.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Feb 2013, 18:40

opps i ment to say k-9 sorry patrick.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Wed 06 Feb 2013, 18:39

Propat and Call of Duty, thanks for giving light to those who are here for help, because to know this in April 2014 is to late! We have till then to make the best out of this!

Patrick!
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Feb 2013, 18:36

i was talking to vall today and he has some interesting well informed ideas on this as well.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Wed 06 Feb 2013, 18:36

Final count down if you read the Class action law books it is not too late especially when the class has not gotten status to participate until now and the law also calls for more then one lead plaintiff if required. Also the settlement cant be accepted except by a judge stating it and he cant until class is heard from. We have not been until now.
Id say he needs 14th to hear 15th to rule he wont make decision from bench on 14th without some thought, so 15th for decision or he will delay his decision. Lots of variables. I hope RCMP show up to present to get attached to class action cause federal class action law suggests they should be included.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 67 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 53 ... 67  Next