Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMPORTANT VIP GRANT INFO

+13
1993firebird
pteadams2002
liverlover
Wife of a Veteran
beleaf67
Sapper Zodiak
MaggieinNB
oldsailor
RCN-Retired
froggie2u36
meathead
Teentitan
bigrex
17 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

IMPORTANT VIP GRANT INFO Empty Re: IMPORTANT VIP GRANT INFO

Post by Teentitan Mon 16 Sep 2013, 18:13

Lolly do you pay condo fees? If so contact your CM and ask for your grounds keeping because that is/should be considered grounds keeping.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 18:11

As a VIP recipient I have already received the first of 2 payments totaling $2400 for the fiscal year 2013 with regards to housekeeping but I lost out on groundskeeping because I am an apartment dweller. No receipts required. One hand giveth and the other taketh away. Amen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Sep 2013, 09:14

ghillie I talked to o whole host of people including my CM (who is great ) about their tables and the fact I was only getting 10$ an hour. nothing changed until I got a call from blue cross who sends out my checks . they ( at least in my opinion ) were open and honest. they told me they only have one table and that's all they go by. when I told them my concerns about the 10$ an hour they asked me a bunch of questions ,hose size ,yard size,ect. my VIP went up over 800$ A YEAR .they called me so I don't have a contact # but if you could get hold of them they may help as well if the CM thing doesn't pan out.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by ghillie Mon 16 Sep 2013, 01:22

With regards to the VIP grant although I called to ensure all my receipt were accounted for, and that I used up all my VIP supported by receipts, my grant was reduced, no longer window washing, and my Grounds Maintenance was reduced by the exact amount that was submitted by a local snow clearing company. Will be talking to my CM. Has anyone else had the window washing removed from their entitlement?
ghillie
ghillie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2013-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 14 Sep 2013, 10:09

On your VIP renewal date (call the NCCN and ask "when is my VIP renewal date?") you will receive half of what was paid to you for your VIP services the previous year. Then 6 months later the other half will be given to you. They pay via direct deposit into your bank account.

So make sure all your receipts before your VIP renewal date are submitted.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by rideout3621 Sat 14 Sep 2013, 07:32

WRT Snow Clearing - does the work have to be completed first? Receipt sent in for payment? I'm not getting it? They tell me I'm entitled to $1300. annually, how do I get this money?

rideout3621
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ghillie Wed 31 Jul 2013, 16:06

Hi Navrat, my anniversary date was 9 Feb, I received a check 10 days later for half the allotted amount, but you had to submit your claims, and if not all allotment was used, it was reduced. I called for the second portion and my due date is 8 Aug, she said that the check will be sent out that week for me. Make sure you submit all your receipts from last year soonest. Or they will cut your benefits.
ghillie
ghillie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2013-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Jul 2013, 19:26

nav I got cheques through the years and you get the payments up front.i got mine a month a go ore so to bring me to December and will get another cheque in December for the next 6 months.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Jul 2013, 19:05

Thanks, Propat, When you submitted receipts thru the year was it cheque also? I used to get cheque but now blue cross direct deposits my VIP so maybe the grant might be direct deposited ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Jul 2013, 19:00

nav I get mine via blue cross in cheque form buds.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Jul 2013, 17:30

Does VAC issue the VIP grant or does blue cross? Is it direct deposit or cheque? Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Jul 2013, 14:25

Called on Fri and asked to confirm date, was told at first of the month it would be in buy the 26th and they said by wen via direct deposit again the story changes, no big deal will make sure by wen, saw no change in amount YET will let you know if it dose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Jul 2013, 13:03

nav I got a call before mine started from blue cross they asked a bunch of questions witch I answered.then I asked a few myself one was why im getting minimum wage while others not paying service providing directly are getting as much as 19$ an hour and ones that are are getting the top rate on the first table. I was told by them the ones that send me the money it was probably an oversight and there is only one table they have it and its the only one they go by. my annual went up $800.00 a year. if you get a call from them make sure you talk to them nicely as not only your cm can give you an increase they can to.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Jul 2013, 10:10

Thanks, Chief! I had a feeling something was up with this. Expect more cuts to come,some of the legion guys have told me Vac is already using the""""well, you get sisip now excuse""""" implying that should make us happy, lol. We never really win!

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Sun 28 Jul 2013, 00:24

Nav, I got a letter telling me what they were going to give me as well as indicating that I should receive 1/2 within the next two weeks. My anniversary date was July 20, they reduced my housekeeping by almost $400 and grounds maintenance by about $500. Also stated I had till November to submit receipts for services that occurred prior to July 20. Looks like they are doing their damnedest to screw us here too.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next