Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Important Info about Harmonizing the PA and NVC

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Important Info about Harmonizing the PA and NVC Empty Re: Important Info about Harmonizing the PA and NVC

Post by Dannypaj Fri 25 Dec 2015, 07:26

Merry Christmas 🎄
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Important Info about Harmonizing the PA and NVC Empty Re: Important Info about Harmonizing the PA and NVC

Post by Guest Fri 25 Dec 2015, 03:05

santa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Dec 2015, 12:57

Sorry for the rant everyone, it just gets to be to much some times.

Back to top Go down

Important Info about Harmonizing the PA and NVC Empty Not possible:)

Post by czerv Mon 21 Dec 2015, 10:40

wild thing, sorry to dissapoint you but they cannot leave you and anyone of the Vets alone. Impossible.
They would be without jobs if they did that. It is self promoting system that assissist itself.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 21 Dec 2015, 05:10

I'm just worried that if they start writing all new legislation, that all the work that has been done to identify the problems with the NVC, will be forgotten by the bureaucrats, and that we will have to start the battle all over again. Minus those specifically improvements specifically promised during the campaign. One the other hand, they may take this opportunity to fix those gaping holes that the Tories had only slapped band-aids on, such as getting rid of the RISB, and making EELB for life, as per the recommendations that had been made.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Dec 2015, 04:10

Here is what i want, to be left alone. to not have to jump through hoops,

Last edited by wild thing on Mon 21 Dec 2015, 13:56; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 21 Dec 2015, 00:46

I understand where your coming from Rex but PMT opened the door a bit and IMO it's time to kick open so hard it comes off the hinges!

We have all for years now have been saying One Veteran One Standard. This is our opportunity to actually do it!

Nothing is more difficult to deal with then veterans who are seperately identified in the eyes of VAC which leads to seperating us from a single voice.

If we don't push for a "complete harmanization" then we add another faction of veterans which means another voice to deal with.

Bureaucrats love the fact that there is 20 different definitions of a veteran. It's confusing as hell and leads to mistakes which need to be appealed, corrected, adjudicated differently. Which means more employees that all have different "understandings" of the rules and regualtions.

Imagine for a moment if there is only 1 act for all of us. This means when the NATO vets talk they are on the same page as the UN veterans. But most importantly an Afghan vet can come here on CSAT ask a question and we can help them with our experience.

This is the 10 year dream of a lot of CM's, CSA's, advocates, and veterans. We only have to understand one act with one set of rules for financial compensation and top notch rehab.

Then we focus on cleaning up VRAB next!

IMO it's not time to piecemeal it but rebuild it.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 20 Dec 2015, 21:42

Teen, I could possibly understand creating new legislation that harmonizes the PA and NVC, if the NVC had absolutely no current avenue to compensate for pain and suffering, but it does. It just needs to be worded differently, just like when they added the option of electing monthly payments of a number of years. And since it is the only aspect of the NVC that would require adopting an aspect of the PA, I do not see the need to completely reconstruct the entire legislation. It's kind of like knocking down an entire house, because you want to remodel the kitchen.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Dec 2015, 21:21

NO buds not at all . harmonization is a good thing that's the first time I have herd of the GOC say those words so that encourages me . yup if that's as far as they go its better than we have now but to get to the point of having one act you would first need to harmonize them.

that's why its a good sign when they said they may be doing this .

if the two acts are harmonized merging the two would just be more of an administration move . yup new legislation and only one act but nothing at all would change for vets as all the work would be done . slowly carefully taking the time to get it right for sure . but easier to digest a piece at a time and more importantly I think time to see the effects of theses changes as time goes by giving time to correct any imperfections prior to any merger a few at a time than a whole pile at once .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 20 Dec 2015, 21:01

So your saying you want to keep the PA and the NVC and whatever they call the harmanization?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Dec 2015, 20:50

well teen I disagree . IF they harmonize that would require a lot of changes . making them ALL at once is NOT easier in my opinion . and dropping ALL of that at once and have vets try to understand it before they pass it through is by no means easier to understand that if they get it in 3 easier to read pieces .

if they do this ALL at once people are going to be as confused as FRACK . ITS HAPPEND BEFORE . they can very well make this look great at least for a while . and eventually people4 may just figure out this fracking think looks like a soup sandwich .

they could headline this mammoth piece of legislation to read .

this legislation brought to you by the kind folks that brought you the NVC

you cant lose control if you do it in 3 stages it in fact gives you more control .

whats easier to do read and understand and have control over. 3000 changes or 1000???

I say 1000.

but that's just my opinion . I used thousands as an example only .

do the legislation required for harmonization concerning the promises first .

do the changes that effect any benefits or services second .

and do the remainder of the changes in language required for humanization last .

it just logical.

ill enjoy reading part 1

ill enjoy reading part 2

as it will effect us in no way I probably will not read part 3

if this is done all in one monstrosity looking like something someone might upchuck late night super bowl Sunday .

I don't want ta .... well ... ya ill read it but I aint gonna like it .

cant imagine many vets that would.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Dec 2015, 20:18

I have major head spacing issues when it comes to politics,policys etc,etc, i'm going to bed!!!

Last edited by wild thing on Sun 20 Dec 2015, 21:22; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 20 Dec 2015, 18:00

Absolutely not propat. If they are going to harmonize then go all the way and make one act instead of another one that will only make it more confusing for not just the veterans but every freakn' level at VAC. CM's, adjudicators, BPA, VRAB, bureaucrats.

If she said two years I cannot see them releasing this inrementally. Can you say SNAFU? Not to mention lawsuits that will happen after they lose control piecemealing it each step of the way.

As for the panel wildthing if there is going to be vet orgs present then it should be ones with administrative personnel on policy and have lawyers they can use. Like ANAVETS, Legion, War Amps.

One of the important tools they can use is the internet. VAC can create a forum on their website and put a weekly sitrep in place and a "suggestion box". This could be done by a few veterans who know how to speak veteran.

Anyway it's done simple veterans should be included.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Dec 2015, 15:24

well its very encouraging to see them actually say they may harmonize these acts . this in my belief is certainly something that would be a benefit for all concerned . yes harmonization would take a long time as I have said before but that does not mean bringing back the lifetime pension or ANY of their promises in fact have to take more time than necessary .

harmonization DOES NOT have to be done in totality NOR would I even recommend doing so .

this not only CAN be done incrementally in the same amount of time with the same amount of legislative work ( aside from I would assume 3 different voting processes as compared to one ) . it will achieve the getting the changes required soonest done soonest FAR LESS complicated for the legislators and the vetting of the changes easier for ALL especially vets at large like us with the ONLY drawback being im assuming 3 voting processes instead of one .

great trade off in my books and I imagine for all concerned unless of course the goal is to delay implementing any real changes as long as possible .

im sure we will see what they have in mind .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Dec 2015, 14:44

Teen will the advocates not be involved in this process or do they not know about it. and what about the lawyers in the lawsuit will they not have to be kept up to date as to any movement or change as to pertaining to the lawsuit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next