Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Important Info For Those On LTD

2 posters

Go down

Important Info For Those On LTD Empty Re: Important Info For Those On LTD

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jul 2014, 21:47

holy wafer and cream cheese children dis whole thing stinks of rotten pickerel skins and I am ok with that cause I went in smelling and I come out stink in so no change

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jul 2014, 19:54

sparrow great stuff seems your CM has got herself sorted out glad to here that keep up the good work. bigrex is correct they are the same benefit if you are still able to work you will be able to participate in the VOC rehab part of the REHAB PROGRAM this would be ELB. if you can no longer work you will not this would be EELB . in either one you will still be able to use all the other programs under the rehab program. the financial benefit for each is exactly the same.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 23 Jul 2014, 14:50

EELB, is not a different benefit, it merely indicates that your ELB is extended to age 65. ELB also has abolutely nothing to do with the disability pension or award. A person could be getting a 100% pension, the highest level of EIA/PIA, and still qualify to get an ELB payment of 75%. RR, if you qualified for EELB in 2008, but were never apid because someone said your PA pension was too high, then they lied to you, and I would be contacting Someone. Actually, if you were reinstated on SISIP, I wouldn't bother because that money would have been deducted anyways.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jul 2014, 14:04

Under the NVC
Earnings Loss Benefit
Program Description:Earnings Loss Benefit is a benefit designed to provide financial compensation in recognition of the economic impact that a service related or career ending injury has on a Veteran’s earnings capacity following release.Services and Benefits:•Temporary Earnings Loss is a monthly benefit payable while the Veteran is actively participating in rehabilitation.
Extended Earnings Loss is a monthly benefit payable to age 65 if the Veteran is unable to perform any occupation that would be considered suitable gainful employment.
•Benefit may be payable to survivors or orphans.
•Benefits based on 75% of gross pre-release income or deemed income.

Not sure how that relates to RRSP though RR. I think the difference between ELB and EELB is in the time frame you are eligible to receive the earnings loss one being temporary while participating in rehab and the other is due to being unable to participate in rehab. But I think you knew that already.
Were's Navrat when we need clarification! Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jul 2014, 13:56

I will see what I can find about that EELB or RRSP via DVA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jul 2014, 13:49

At aged 65 at 2% as of 2008 I will receive a lump sum payment of around 25,000 smackers after taxes it still is about 17,000 and yup MC don't get a cut LOL, just joking, hell no I ain't. Forgot about that Sparrow but when I did it, VAC said something about Extended Earning Lost Benefit EELB or in my case an  RRSP type program through VAC, same thing or again did I miss something, but then again I was new till I found you smart buggers on CSAT.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jul 2014, 13:03

RobbieRoyal wrote:Have EIA and am receiving the 2% as of 2008 was told I qualified ELB as of 2008 but due to my % I would not receive the ELB but started the retirement savings benefit through VAC is this the same thing?

Exactly RR, we need to get the word out for those who are EIA and/or LTD because the loop hole that Veterans don't realize about the 2% and are not on ELB. The duplicate programs and benefits is like a chapter from Where's Waldo and Veterans trying to see where they fit in to the equations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jul 2014, 21:53

hi Davey you ole sod and to you hello sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jul 2014, 21:52

Have EIA and am receiving the 2% as of 2008 was told I qualified ELB as of 2008 but due to my % I would not receive the ELB but started the retirement savings benefit through VAC is this the same thing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jul 2014, 20:16

No problem Recon.
Under the Rehabilitation Program, VAC has created the category Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI) clients, defined as Veterans “incapacitated by a permanent physical and/or mental health problem that prevents them from performing any occupation that would be considered suitable gainful employment.”
This is a taxable benefit whereas with the EIA (Exceptional Incapacity Allowance) under the Old Charter is tax free.
Basically Recon if you are not on ELB and are on LTD, it would be wise to apply for Rehab-ELB. It is a nuisance to go through the process but it will benefit you when you reach 65. Basically DVA will mark your file and when you reach 65 and no longer on LTD you can apply for the 2% benefit the ELB clients can receive in lieu of not being able to contribute to a pension plan. It is nothing to do with where you served on active duty. I know it sounds odd and it did for me today but it is basically an internal paper trail of sorts. Besides, we don't know what policies will change in the future so best to apply now as the 2% commences the date of application.
As for those on EIA if you apply for the Rehab-ELB you will also be required to complete the forms for TPI although you wont actually receive the TPI financial benefit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 Tue 22 Jul 2014, 20:08

Please excuse et moi for being such a retard........ but what does TIA stand for ?

Took me 14 years to get every benefit deserved in & out of many courts until they realised until I got all benefits earned and payed for but this TIA is new ..... did I miss that ferry or what .

I am honestly having trouble understanding it all sparrow , can someone simplify it for those of us trying to figure out if this relates to only those at 98% or higher , or to all who have been injured overseas while in an Active War Zone like myself & so many of you all.....

TIA ?

For Country
retired Army Master Sniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
family of ......7.......
Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Important Info For Those On LTD Empty Important Info For Those On LTD

Post by Ex Member Tue 22 Jul 2014, 19:44

For those on Sisip LTD and not DVA Rehab - ELB, I have been advised by DVA that it would be in the clients best interest to apply for the Rehab - ELB program through DVA even though you are on Sisip LTD and the financials and program benefits cancel out one another due to duplication however it would  simply be an internal administrative process done by DVA in order for your file to be recognized by DVA going forward from now until you reach age 65  so that you can then access the financial 2% benefit.  It is effective the date your application commences so the 2% can add up over time. Although it is the same process as anyone applying for Rehab - ELB whereby you will need reports applicable to individual files, it is beneficial for  above reason alone  of the 2% notwithstanding plus any other psychological, physiotherapy and occupational therapy benefits that would be available to you on Rehab - ELB. Anyway, just wanted to put that out there for  those Sisip LTD clients who where never on the Rehab - ELB program.
One other note, if you are on the old charter receiving EIA and  receive LTD  but decide to proceed with applying for Rehab - ELB, then you will need to go through the same application process for the TPI which relates to ELB even though you wont receive TPI, again it is simply a paper trail for the future.

Last edited by Trooper on Tue 02 Aug 2016, 17:30; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : TPI not TIA sorry)

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down