Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPPD and pension payback

+4
Teentitan
RCN-Retired
pinger
prawnstar
8 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

CPPD and  pension payback - Page 2 Empty Re: CPPD and pension payback

Post by Guest Fri 01 Apr 2016, 17:48

way way back in 2014 I gave a play by play of what I went through and even in the end of being pro-active I still ended up owing 2000 outta my pocket, it sucks troops it really does but a friend told me (TEEN TITAN) you will be lucky to have enough left over to by a happy meal, well I didn't, instead I got a Shyte Sandwich. Alway question anything SISIP CRA CFSA Pension anything involving income, get the numbers and document everything. That CF Pensions Office is a joke.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Thu 17 Mar 2016, 22:23

Thanks trooper for the info

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Thu 17 Mar 2016, 14:56

GOC SNAFU

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2016, 14:25

Rifleman I know you will continue to fight for this , CPPD is a mess right now , and it's the Liberals position that they will act to better the system.

Here's the latest Auditor General's report on CPPD

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/auditor-general-report-shared-services-1.3429861

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Thu 17 Mar 2016, 07:10

Ok had my tribunal done over the phone on the 10th what a load of crap stupid ass ? It seem to me the person who held the tribunal did not read all the paper work that was submitted that I have turned in since 2004 of course she said everything was being recorded she also said being approved would not make a big difference on my income due to the fact of other income thought that was out of line so of course this is wear I blew a gasket need I say anymore after the interview was done she asked me if I had any points that to make to help to get this approved I said yes and told her I served my  country for over twenty years and have been on a few tours and mentally and physically I'm pretty fracked up because of my obligation to the service. I then asked her what have you done for our country? Long pause and then I said nothing but deny Cppd claims. That did not go over well and then I told her oh by the way I have you on speaker phone and have my physiologist sitting here with me and i recorded the whole interview. So overall I'm happy that I continued the fight win these peons and don't really care what the outcome is because I feel great for what they will have an answer in a couple of weeks I'm pretty sure what it will be. NO!!

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Thu 21 Jan 2016, 14:21

Thanks

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jan 2016, 13:50

good luck rifleman keep up the good fight .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 21 Jan 2016, 13:34

Rifleman - Sorry to hear you are still in battle with them. Its like a crap shoot, some get it first time, others appeals, like DVA. I was lucky and got it first round after 5 mths. Not sure what did it, but had to be the pscy and family Dr, who both said I could not work. Best of luck in the upcoming battle. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Thu 21 Jan 2016, 10:21

Sure will sparrow and thanks

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jan 2016, 09:54

Rifleman wrote:OK update on my Cppd application after being denied cpp many times I still continued to fight to get approved cpp they cpp through every reason in the books to deny me last reason was I did not apply soon enough after after my appeals this did not stop me l asked for a extension and gave medical reasons why I did not make there time period and was told reasons were good enough to carry on with my file I then was told it is going to tribunal in March of this year now this of course does not mean they will except me for cpp but is my last step in my battle now it's time for me to tie up the boots and launch a full on frontal with some supporting fire and win this battle I've been going through since 2002 NEVER GIVE UP THE FIGHT

Rifleman, we just went through the CPPD Tribunal for my spouse a couple of weeks ago and if you have any questions please pm me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jan 2016, 09:12

Keep fighting!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Thu 21 Jan 2016, 08:54

OK update on my Cppd application after being denied cpp many times I still continued to fight to get approved cpp they cpp through every reason in the books to deny me last reason was I did not apply soon enough after after my appeals this did not stop me l asked for a extension and gave medical reasons why I did not make there time period and was told reasons were good enough to carry on with my file I then was told it is going to tribunal in March of this year now this of course does not mean they will except me for cpp but is my last step in my battle now it's time for me to tie up the boots and launch a full on frontal with some supporting fire and win this battle I've been going through since 2002 NEVER GIVE UP THE FIGHT

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Fri 06 Mar 2015, 13:45

I hear ya Johnny. It took me a long time to get it straight and just when I think I understand they throw a stick in your spokes.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Fri 06 Mar 2015, 12:27

prawnstar - tks buds, its all becoming clearer now, some times this old mess up noodle gets foggy with all the money talk, as we all know. It's nice they make it real clear for all of us with the crazy papers..lol. I will have to dig out my once a year cf pension statement. I didn't realize there was a block called bridging. tks, VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Fri 06 Mar 2015, 12:11

Hey Johnny Your actual pension will be the same but look at your pension pay stub you will see a note stating your bridging is $$$ this is the amount they will recover times so many months to the date of your retro CPPD. You will then not get the bridging portion but the CPPD will make up for it. Clear as mud? In theory it's all supposed to even out in the LOOOONG run. Good luck.
When guys turn 65 under normal conditions they start Old buggers allowance. You hear often they clawed back my pension and I get about the same. What they have done is subtracted the bridging portion of your CFSA. By getting CPPD the bridging portion is already factored out so when old buggers become cranky older buggers they don't get the bridging subtracted cause it;s already been done.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next