Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPPD and pension payback

+4
Teentitan
RCN-Retired
pinger
prawnstar
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

CPPD and  pension payback - Page 3 Empty Re: CPPD and pension payback

Post by johnny211 Fri 06 Mar 2015, 11:48

So I applied last week and i take it some time will pass before i see if I am approved. I see from you all that my cf pension, as small as it is , will be deducted from my cppd? Is that correct? One would wonder then if it is worth the trouble. I quess it depends on how much you get for cf pension.
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Fri 06 Mar 2015, 11:10

This is what is going on with me. I posted this in another topic. Waiting for OVO to conduct an investigation.
UPDATE
So I got a letter from VAC stating I owed them almost 19k from the 18k I received from CPPD. Their math sucks. DND recovered the bridging portion of my pension which was 6k. I informed VAC of this and they said I still owe them almost 19k which they started recovery action at $350 a month for the next 54 months. I demanded an explanation so they sent me this statement of benefits form that you need a CPA to read. They stated they had made a mistake and they owed me over 6k. Logically one would think OK DND took off 6k VAC takes 12 which would equal the 18k I got from CPPD. WRONG. They still say I owe them almost 19k and took the 6k they said they owed me and applied it to the almost 19k they initially said I owed them. WTF is going on here. I keep getting facked around by these effen knobs. I had not touched the CPPD money so I paid out DND right away and told VAC I wanted to liquidate the amount I "owed" them in one payment which was just under 19k. So the 18k from CPPD winds up costing me almost 25k. No I am not kidding or losing my mind but I am about to blow a gasket here. Tired of dealing with these aholes and getting me all facked up. i have filed a complaint with the OVO. How long does it usually take to get an answer from them? Another thing is this one time payment of $1445.54 I have received TWICE. So I will repay that before they even notice they facked up. Fed up with this crap. This CPPD thing has caused me so much anxiety I wish I hadn't gotten it. I know it will benefit me at 65 but in the meantime WTF can I do

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 06 Mar 2015, 11:02

It sounds like it's the CF Pension office to me. SISIP only recoups the monthly deduction for LTD.

Where the CF Pension office is all over the place when they are calculating. I had a problem with them too and had them do the math again. I think they added the amount if you paid them back monthly off your pension. That's where they screwed up with me. The pension office always assumes that the pensioner will take the monthly deduction instead of paying the whole amount.

One should never be over owing when receiving CPP D.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Mar 2015, 05:47

buds im not sure I understand so correct me if im wrong . it sounds to me like CPPD overpaid you so you should be able to recupe that amount form SISIP . call them they will probably ask for a copy of your letter and they will recalculate.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Fri 06 Mar 2015, 02:15

Ok, so some months ago I was approved for CPPD and they sent me the first cheque going back about 18 months. So I got in touch with both SISIP and CF Pension providing the letter from CCPD. SISIP wrote back fairly soon and gave me the amount of overpayment. I sent them a cheque for the amount, now just this week I have received a letter from CF Pensions and they have given me a amount of the bridging plus something about my SDB problem is that if I pay CF Pensions what they want I will be paying $2,600 more back to CF Pensions and SISIP then I received from CPPD. A person should not have to pay more back then what they received, one of these two are taking to much. Anyone have anything similar happen to them?
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Sun 26 Oct 2014, 01:11

Well, called CF pension and they indicated I will need to pay 100% of my bridging going back to when approved for CPPD. So back dated 18 months so will owe (monthly bridging X 18 plus months) they also said it could take up to six months to give my a total, now SISIP not them, they want me to send everything I received to them right away but problem the way I see it is if I do that and when CFSA gets their shit together I will not have funds to pay anything to them because SISIP will have all of the funds received from CPPD. CFSA chunk is going to be about 1/2 of total received so has anyone held back funds to repay the bridging or does SISIP give you some of the money back to pay CFSA? Wish all these frikking egghead federal agencies could get on the same page or at least in the same book.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Sun 19 Oct 2014, 03:05

Thanks, I think CPP will get all of the money because it is half of what my LTD is
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 18 Oct 2014, 11:28

Actually RCN yes they can. Just call SISIP and tell them to send you the form to make SISIP/Manulife the first payee of your CPP D retro.

Don't forget to call the CF pension office because you will owe backpay as well. That's the important one. It can take up to 3/4 years for the pension office to find out you are in receipt of CPP D.

One other thing you set the tax deduction from your CPP D with CPP. Rule of thumb deduct 10-15% of what you are going to get monthly.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Sat 18 Oct 2014, 05:26

Different question but with CPPD, I was just approved after a successful appeal. They have sent me the letter and indicated what the back pay will be as well as what the monthly pay will be. My question is all of the back pay will have to be paid to SISSIP, but they will take tax off it to which I have already paid out once, does anyone know if one can just request they send the full amount directly to SISSIP and cut me right out of the loop, kind of like severance pay paid directly to our RRSPs, did not pay, claim or have to deal with the income tax.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Wed 01 Oct 2014, 12:34

Does anyone share the CPPD pension with their spouse? Not sure how it would work but it might mean less tax in the end instead of up the rear end.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Sun 24 Aug 2014, 14:07

Thanks Pinger.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sun 24 Aug 2014, 13:26

Hey prawn, gotta reiterate what RR wrote a short time ago... if in doubt. CONTACT INFO...

RR wrote somewhere...
" hey PS I ended up owing over 2000 outta pocket because the clowns at CF Pensions Office took their sweet time, mind you I was back dated 15 months but still keep on those pricks.any doubts call asap
1-800-267-0325
also
Director, CF Pensions Services 8-2
NDHQ
Albion Tower
25 Nicholas Street, 11th Floor
Ottawa On.
K1A OK2
1-800-719-4043 "

That's helpful and if your on hold for an hour... wait.
I was for CRA CPPd, but luckily the fella was really informative and on my side. Gave me a wealth of info.

My advise? Find out what could blind or broadside you financially. Not sure? Then watch your money until you do know.
Wait for the dust to settle. Could be hard, but don't get your panties in a knot in the meantime. Just cdf. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Sat 23 Aug 2014, 13:10

Hey WR how did you make out with all that crap. I just got approved for CPPD and I am trying to figure out who is gonna take what and how much. Does CFSA take a cut and then ELB takes the rest?

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Mar 2014, 17:18

Not your fault oiler. I was extremely frustrated with the various parties because i told Ottawa I was in process of being given CPPD and to make the appropriate deduction from my pension. They said they could not do the deductions until they officially received the paperwork from CPPD??My word was not good enough?. It took approx 14 months to them to get paperwork and by that time i owed a bunch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Mar 2014, 14:29

Thanks Will's ridge They will not give me any info till my claim is done , estimated to finish it in June !!!! .. but what am I going to pay I asked and they wouldn't tell me on a percentage or monthly terms . I was not asking for the amount just terms from them such as 10% or 84 months 60 whatever I can figure the rest out but no info at all not one bit of help there .. so this helps and if any others out there can give some info as will's ridge did it would help I know it s my fault but I have to deal with it . it is helpful to calm me .. thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next