Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stay on top of the CRA !!!

+22
DeeCee
devans156
loggie
beleaf67
PipperNavy
birdgunner
Hab2013
froggie2u36
abetterway
Nemo
peep
sabrelove
rucksack031
Teentitan
bigrex
Newfie
pinger
K9
RCN-Retired
Sapper Zodiak
Rifleman
26 posters

Page 8 of 65 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 36 ... 65  Next

Go down

Stay on top of the CRA !!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Stay on top of the CRA !!!

Post by Teentitan Tue 07 Oct 2014, 10:56

I would go to the H&R Block and ask for your file back. That way you have what they e filed. After all it's your file.

If the legal bill is not in that package contact McInness Cooper to get a new bill. Ask for another t-1198 at the same time.

Then forward it via fax to CRA.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3413
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by TripleT Tue 07 Oct 2014, 10:49

Good morning folks. I wonder if I might ask some advice from anyone in a similar situation. I filed my taxes with H&R Block on April 4th. Contrary to my request, they e-filed my taxes resulting in an assesment that did not include my T1198. After numerous phone call's and visit's, they completely ignored my request's. Approximately mid June I was forced to take matter's into my hands and I paper filed with CRA. I have checked with CRA constantly and they have had nothing new on my file. The last time I talked to them, I expressed my dismay at the length of time it is taking and they assured me they would forward my concerns and my taxes would be completed within 4 weeks, I should hear something by then. That was 4 weeks ago, and yes, I just heard from them yesterday. The letter said:

We are unable to make an adjustment to reflect the Statement of Qualifying Retroactive Lump-sum Payment as we need more information.

The qualifying amount must be reduced by any non-taxable portion and any deduction claimed for a repayment of the amount, or legal fees related to the amount.

Please provide details and supporting documentation for your claim of $XXXXX at line 229 of your return.(this is the amount of legal fees I paid to MC)

They did receive the Invoice for legal fees when I paper filed but it appears to have disappeared.

I should point out that I received a phone call from HR Block a week ago assuring me they were "on top of it"!! I don't believe that, however I am at the end of my rope and not sure of what to do. I want to call the Resolution Centre, but if HR Block is still messing with my taxes, should I be getting "them" to contact the resolution centre, or just ignore them and take care of myself?(I'll get my money back from them later) Also, can anyone confirm from the highlighted letter, if the "Invoice for lawyers fees" is all they are looking for?

Thank you for your time.

TTT

TripleT
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2013-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 06 Oct 2014, 14:54

Well, I spoke too soon. I did get a refund, but only for this year, but because of deemed taxes, CRA still says I owe over $2200. At least once they do the new reassessments for the DTC, I should still come out on top.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4064
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Sun 05 Oct 2014, 09:45

Great to hear REX

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Oct 2014, 09:16

right on REX finally eh brother

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Oct 2014, 20:20

Rex,

glad to hear you finally got your reassessment, and a refund to boot.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 03 Oct 2014, 19:11

Well, i finally got my reassment notice, and I was on eof the lucky ones. i went from owing $4000, to getting a refund of over $1700. I took long enough, but I am glad. Now I can submit a reassessment for 2004/2005, because during all this I discovered that they didn't apply my DTC for those years. At least I know those years will definitely end up with a refund.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 29 Sep 2014, 21:55

Guess what? I worked for a living then... and my shyte still stinks.

Teen you mention a thing or two back about heartbleed and going paper file? Not to digress from this CRA thread but i have always been paper.

MY VAC ACCOUNT ? Same thing...Nope, nada, don;t want one, never had one,or want to get hooked up on one. jmo. Trying to avoid that grid...

And it has served me well avoiding it... less complications. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Sep 2014, 19:21

Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Sep 2014, 19:05

Nav......ster......Sir

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Sep 2014, 19:19

Teen, I still like to be called Sir, especially by the missis!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 27 Sep 2014, 17:53

Hey CDN glad to see ya join and post. Like what you said I think you could also include the heartbleed virus/bug that hit CRA and scared a lot of people to paper file instead of electronic filing.

Oh one thing here on CSAT rank doesn't matter because we all got the same promotion when we left the military...Mr., Mrs., Ms. LOL
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3413
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Sep 2014, 17:28

economy hmmm ill get back to that but of course we would be better served with a different government at least the NDP for sure MAYBE even the libs. the worse they could do is keep fighting us in court and we have that now.

now well economy well boys we don't have the population for a lot of industry but we do have a crap load of natural resources so that's where we are at.

now im not saying its wrong as a matter of fact the fight against ISIS is just the right thing to do just gonna throw this out their.

if they take Iraq Kuwait would fall the next day.. if that happens the US looses a sizable part of their oil supply .

keystone would be approved shortly after that with a capacity of at least twice what is planed and will be built as fast as possible . our economy would grow so fast heads would be spinning.

yup spending our gold and blood to keep our economy stagnant at a time when we are forcing are disabled vets to take a buyout instead of the monthly pension they use to receive for many good reasons and also so the US has easy access to someone else's oil IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO!!!!!

but it still is ECONOMICLY RETARTED.

just throwing that out their

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Sep 2014, 16:54

Thanks bigrex, I misunderstood. Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 27 Sep 2014, 16:44

CDN, I think you misunderstood. I wasn't seeking an apology from MC over the 1198. the only reason I mentioned them, is because they have the contact info for every known member of the class, and until all the payments are made, are still representing the class. So they would be in the best position to approach the government, seeking a formal apology, for the stress caused to the class by the incompetence or neglect of their duties at CRA.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 65 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 36 ... 65  Next