Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stay on top of the CRA !!!

+22
DeeCee
devans156
loggie
beleaf67
PipperNavy
birdgunner
Hab2013
froggie2u36
abetterway
Nemo
peep
sabrelove
rucksack031
Teentitan
bigrex
Newfie
pinger
K9
RCN-Retired
Sapper Zodiak
Rifleman
26 posters

Page 55 of 65 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 60 ... 65  Next

Go down

Stay on top of the CRA !!! - Page 55 Empty Re: Stay on top of the CRA !!!

Post by Guest Mon 05 May 2014, 13:10

Will anyone ever forget the term FORM 1198 as long as we live

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Mon 05 May 2014, 12:40

As allways thanks to all in keeping us updated, just got off the phone with CRA, the agent i got was Amazing so she gave me the 911 that in fact my taxes are being proccessed,and that they recieved MAY 1st what was owed and cashed on MAY 2ND. I asked if in fact the t1198 was being used, and she confirmed yes she can she it all entered in, this is how well she treated me, I asked her if she could run some numbers off my t-1198 pick a year and she did and matched up with my copies, so that there solved my curiosity, I then asked if there a been an adjustment yet, no but I can see that there should be, and an adjustment for the DTC, but she could not tell me the diffrence as of yet. SO stay on top of the issues at hand, and remember each and every one's taxes will be different, but the fact that the t-1198 is and has worked for others gives everybody HOPE. Take care all
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 May 2014, 12:20

good luck sapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 May 2014, 10:42

Great news Sapper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Mon 05 May 2014, 10:34

Finally RECEIVED!!!! My accountant/tax preparer has been calling CRA as well. He called this morning and Voila- received. No idea what will happen now, but at least I dont have to re send those damn forms. Hurry up and wait...again.
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 May 2014, 09:49

T1 Adjustment Up-Date
0922 hr/s
1-800-959-8281 CRA
Monday May 5th 2014
Agent STEVEN
Agent ID # 34212 QC
Could take up to 8 weeks (JUNE 15TH), still cannot confirm if they have my T1 Adjustment Request letter on file.
Wait Out.
The reason I posted this is to show how easy it is to document this crap, lets see id a trend is happening here.

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Sat 03 May 2014, 01:00

I attached a letter with my 1198 to my tax return and cut and pasted from Leave No Vet Behind re the class action suit, the court number and referred to the order from Justice Barnes, thoughts were that the person that receives my tax return may understand that it is just not my accountant and I messing with CRA. Gotta keep faith because at this point it is all one has because the GOC has most of my LTD and our fantastic legal team has much of the rest. My family well we received about 50 cents on the dollar, so lucky but don't want to brag to much or the government will figure out a why to get the rest. Stay the course my fellow vets, in the end we shall persevere.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 May 2014, 22:51

Good luck anyway brother

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 May 2014, 22:51

Hey rifleman your taxes done meaning you just paper filed today and paid but are now waiting to see your Notice of Assessment hoping they (CRA) implement your 1198?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Fri 02 May 2014, 19:23

Ok income tax done and have to pay the piper however I will hope the 1198 will work out for me if not I guess I will have to pay the AHOLES

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 May 2014, 18:57

lmao @ digger

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 May 2014, 16:04

CRA = Cant Really Add

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 May 2014, 14:41

Well I have taken action to address my problem, and now I am playing the waiting game to see if it indeed it gets rectified.

So my concern now is for the remaining members waiting to get their assessment done hoping that a pattern of bypassing the 1198, is not taken place here.

We here on CSAT are keeping each other informed about the CRA assessments, so we are keeping on top of things, what I am concerned about is the many other members who are entitled to have their 1198 done, and properly done, and may not realize that their 1198 has not been completed, and they end up excepting their
assessment minus the 1198 being completed, thinking that they did not benefit from it.
This would be unfair, and completely unacceptable.

There is a system in place directing the proper way of submitting out T1198, we know this, and we did this, there is also a system in place for the CRA to recognize our 1198 by receiving the return by paper file, and by our lump sum being in box 104.
Now we find out that some errors are being done within the CRA , resulting in them processing our return without including the 1198, furthermore, the most important part of it is, they are not fixing the problem, they are not checking the assessments, they just assess them without calculating the 1198, and put them through that way.

My question is this, how many individuals don't pick up this error resulting in them not given the chance to benefit from the 1198, even though they are fully entitled
to these calculations.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 02 May 2014, 12:42

Oiler, it is probably closer to the truth than you know. CRA most likely hires additional staff on 3-4 month contracts, specifically for the tax season. They cannot justify having a ton of staff all year round, just twiddling their thumbs. Wouldn't it be ironic if it was proven that they were using Foreign temporary workers? But these contract hires are probably given rudimentary training, specific to CRA, to compliment a required pre-existing skill set. That means that there may be amateur CRA agents, and professional CRA agents (those that are employed full time).
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4064
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 May 2014, 11:07

Thanks guys I just hope it helps.. Info is power...I called today after an hour it is in the process of being resolved thanks to a professional CRA agent yeah I said it,, I almost threw up myself but credit is due ....thanks guys

chimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 55 of 65 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 60 ... 65  Next