Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confused on which route to follow.

3 posters

Go down

Confused on which route to follow.  Empty Re: Confused on which route to follow.

Post by Slaket Wed 10 Jun 2015, 20:56

Many thanks. I now have direction. 😀😀

Slaket
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2015-04-10

Back to top Go down

Confused on which route to follow.  Empty Re: Confused on which route to follow.

Post by Sapper Zodiak Wed 10 Jun 2015, 11:54

I have applied for all benefits and programs that I stumble upon. It is amazing how little you are told about, and how many you actually qualify for. The programs etc are out there for us. Seek them out and use them. Or they will disappear for future generations! My two cents.
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jun 2015, 18:28

buds regardless of anything else you want to be applying for CPPD immediately .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jun 2015, 15:37

You will eventually have to jump through all of these hoops anyway, so you might as well do what they are asking of you. Your psychologist will be able to fill out your application for CPPD. We all feel your pain and have been through it time and again. Just know that you are not alone. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Tue 09 Jun 2015, 15:35

Slaket - I will give you my angle on it, and one I used. My pscy also said I could not work, and I also got a letter from my family dr stateing this. I then gave my CPPD form to my pscy to fill out, sent it in along with the dr letter. My CPPD was approved, and faster then I thought, 2 mths. I then contacted my CM, whom I foget to tell that I put in for CPPD. She said great, now fax me the CPPD approval letter and I can use this along with the others for justification for TPI. Which is where I am at now, still in waiting pattern, but on EELB, and TPI looks in the near future. hope this helps, just my sit, VVV..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Confused on which route to follow.  Empty Confused on which route to follow.

Post by Slaket Tue 09 Jun 2015, 14:58

Okay so I was 3b released almost 2 years ago and I seem to be getting conflicting advice on which avenue to go from my CM.

I have a combined VAC disability award of over 100%. Some mental and some physical.
Currently coming up to my 18-24 LTD reassessment.

I brought up the TPI with my CM and the paperwork was completed by my phsycologist saying I can not work.

The CM now wants to wait to see what the LTD 18 month descion is before they even consider TPI.

They also want me to apply for CPPD right now.

Can someone who has been through this tell me what the best plan of attack would be. I find this all very confusing and is compounded by the fact that I have no family Dr and have been on a waiting list for one since my release.

Many thanks.

Slaket
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2015-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down