Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Myth Busting - Why the New Veterans Charter Came Into Effect

+3
bigrex
Jeffery M
Teentitan
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Myth Busting - Why the New Veterans Charter Came Into Effect Empty Re: Myth Busting - Why the New Veterans Charter Came Into Effect

Post by Rags Thu 02 Apr 2015, 11:23

Well just look at Iraq right now. No combat mission on the ground just in the air....yet the JTF keep doing the dumbass thing and going forward where they do not belong yet the government argues its ok they are not really at the front line....give or take 200 meters. Those 4 soldiers paid a high price for a prime ministers lie. No leadership at the PMO we cant expect leadership at CSOR or down the line to the guys just doing the business.

You are so right propat they have to do the cost calculations there mouths let out before they commit troops.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Myth Busting - Why the New Veterans Charter Came Into Effect Empty Re: Myth Busting - Why the New Veterans Charter Came Into Effect

Post by Guest Sun 29 Mar 2015, 09:47

its really fracking amazing governments do this it really blows my fracking mind . you as a government have had a set standard for taking care of vets . and because you are actively going to war now after a huge recession not less you realize the legacy costs of going to war are very expensive???

and your solution is to save the money on the backs of disabled vet you send to war????

how fracking misguided are these guys ???

hey if you think you cant afford to go to war ; how about this DONT GO TO WAR MORRONS !!!!!

or cut out some of the hundreds of billions in tax credits , incentives and loan guarantees to big business .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Sun 29 Mar 2015, 08:33

Recon031,
Thats a staggering difference. Im not familiar with the current UK approach be nice to see a chart that is comparable to both and in stone to take it to the local MP and ask why. The UK had same issue as us after a decade of War fighting the money they had to shell out from there DVA was huge like us they had to figure out how to stop it.
Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 Sun 22 Mar 2015, 14:41

FYI......... Gentlemen / Warriors ,

The Royal British Marines / VETERAN ........................... 100 % ............. get  $  1,090,000.00
        The Canadian Soldier / VETERAN.......................... ....... 100 % ............ get   $      306,000.00

A Canadian Warrior is worth just  1/3  to that of a British Warrior ,  Do The Math Men !

Minister O'Toole & The Federal Government , are you Paying Attention ?

For Country
Retired Army MasterSniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
Family of .......7....... get er done & ....... MAKE THE CHANGES TO PROPERLY COMPENSATE !
Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Mar 2015, 14:20

well teen im not so sure its the GOCs way of waving the white flag I guess it all depends on what the settlement actually contains . sure it could be the white flag .

it could also be a delay tactic .

it could also be a way to minimise losses .

white flag is easy just end the buyout . that can be drawn up and passed by summers end . the lawsuit would either be dropped or dismissed. done and done no need for negotiations at all.

delay maybe but a bit early for that as I don't think they could drag this on till the election.

minimising losses is the usual reason a defendant enters into this type of negotiation .

now just throwing numbers out there so pleas don't key on them but if they reach an agreement that 350,000.00 should have been the top amount right from the start not the 250,000.00 it may put a lot of people in a financial hurt locker with a horrible decision to make .

do I take this crap but straighten my finances out and live a little better for a few more years to come but leaving me with no legal recourse later ?????

or do I opt out hope a lot of others do as well so we can find someone else to take up this fight and keep suffering until its over .

either way I hope all those effected make their voices here'd loud and clear so both parties know exactly how they feel. and not leave THEIR future solely in the hands of those sitting at the table .

its YOUR future TAKE OWNERSHIP OF IT !!!

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 22 Mar 2015, 13:18

Rex if just one single soldier/plaintiff gets a settlement it's the GoC's way of saying no need for a class action lawsuit as what the plaintiff gets the rest of the NVC clients will as well. It's the legal way of waving the white flag by the GoC.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 21 Mar 2015, 14:50

Has this lawsuit officially been recognized as a class action? If it hasn't, anything the Govt offers as a settlement will legally only apply to the named plaintiffs. This could be a preemptive strike by the Govt, so that the courts cannot order them to eliminate the buyout for ALL disabled Veterans.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Mar 2015, 13:40

Just and update on the buyout, Mr.O'Toole has approached Don Sorochan the lawyer who is representing us in this class action law suit.

And Mr.Sorochan confirmed settlement talks are underway with the government.

Perhaps, they can come to and agreement of some sort, we will see, I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by RCNRetired Sat 21 Mar 2015, 12:06

Jeffery, I feel your pain but believe me when I say the country needs us all to wake up everyday and do what we can to keep the pressure on so as some day all can be the benefactor. Navrat, I certainly am disappointed with the dictatorship style of our PMO but our country in as far as economics which he is an expert with is doing ok. Thus this government has the means to fix this and end the buy out and start treating veterans with respect and allowing us the dignity that we have earned by doing his bidding. OVO get with the program, the NVC was to save money, period.........

RCNRetired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Mar 2015, 15:37

rags EXACTLY!!!! consult with the people that this will actually effect . cost cutting is obvious .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 20 Mar 2015, 10:39

The question is not valid as you asked two questions with only one answer available.
It should read 1) was there consultation or not T or F and then second part was it for cost cutting T or F.

My answer would have been with consultation true just poor choice of people to consult with and to answer two, True it was for cost cutting.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Feb 2015, 19:42

new vet charter crap no matter how they try to to spin it. check out uk aus usa versus canada on google.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jan 2015, 09:12

With Harper making the biggest mistake , relying on oil and thinking Canada could just dump every other industry, he's made it so the treasury is empty and there will be no money to fix these NVC problems. He should be booted out of office for this mistake alone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Jan 2015, 07:23

oh bigrex I see you get this but why do so many politicians not ? that is exactly the result of this and like with moast problems with the NVC can be fixed with one change and one change only ; END THE BUYOUT NOW.

THATS IT that's all boys ITS JUST THAT SIMPLE!!!!

Jeffery binrat I feel for you guys I really do because I know you. ya maby not personally but after doing 20 in 2RCR ending in 08 some of my best friends are you guys in your position .

why does the OVO , legion , politicians and everyone elce not see the obvious ???

they like to look at all the charts and numbers and come up with a pile of different solutions to different problems convoluting this entire unholy mess .

how about this for a novel idea go to the source ????

ya ask the disabled vets that are actually on this program what the problems are !!!

not the different vets organizations some of witch seem to have their own agenda but the vets themselves .

im guessing its because the one glaring answer they will here over and over in solutions is the one answer they don't want to here.

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Wed 21 Jan 2015, 01:51

The big think for me, is if you have claims in and awarded under the old pension plan, then anything new should still be look at under the old pension plan regulation
and tables..

But since they made it, that all new claims are looked at via the NVC one who has a Pension Act claim will never make to 100% and under the NVC claim now
they also won't get to 100% under it...

I wished any and all other claims I filed would of been looked at under the old pension act system, and not get me on the NVC crap..
Either way I got screwed.. I would of loved my new claims filed under the old pension plan, keep it all in 1 table and reasons.
At least this way I'd be at 50% on pension plan, instead of 25% pension plan $650 a month, not able to work, other 22 percent NVC, thats all gone from NVC
and living of $650 a month hardest thing to do...

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next