Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reconsideration Letter Question

+13
bosn181
AirLog
Willie
1sea0shell33
Rifleman
Newf
1993firebird
pinger
Sapper Zodiak
johnny211
bigrex
Teentitan
Dannypaj
17 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Reconsideration Letter Question - Page 11 Empty Re: Reconsideration Letter Question

Post by Dannypaj Sat 11 Apr 2015, 13:40

The new CT scan showed spinal cord issues that wasn't submitted to VAC.  I guess it is important information they will need in determining if my 1/5 should be increased.  Not sure?
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Reconsideration Letter Question - Page 11 Empty Re: Reconsideration Letter Question

Post by Dannypaj Sat 11 Apr 2015, 13:36

The new evidence I submitted wasn't a medical document, but a written statement of a an accident that occurred while I was conducting boarding party military training in 1998.  The accident involved me and a RHIB. The RHIB cox'n was doing high speed turns and I was thrown out.  He was reprimanded ( I was landed shortly afterwards).
 I wasn't able to submit this evidence prior to my appeal board (my fault not asking former supervisor for a statement).

I am awarded 1/5 for my back condition and this newly submitted evidence sheds light on another significant occurrence that happened prior to the MVA. 

The board concluded that most of my back condition was a result of an MVA 1999 (on my way to the base in military dress as per QR&O's). I injured my back prior to that in Basic Training (recorded, hence 1/5).

If anything, at least VRAB will have an other accident report in there documents.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 11 Apr 2015, 13:07

Yes definitely send it to your Advocate. If PEI wants a second opinion then they need to send you to a VAC doctor or a doctor of their chosing.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 11 Apr 2015, 13:01

To be clear, I should fax the Diagnostic results to the advocate who is representing me. 

In one of the correspondents from the HFX office, it mentions that they are able to obtain additional medical information from my doctor if required.  Not sure if they did or not prior to forwarding it to the PEI office.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 11 Apr 2015, 12:58

It also depends on what you are asking to be reconsidered. I was initially awarded 1/5 of 15% by VRAB, so I was appealing the 1/5, and submitted the reassessment to VAC, to determine the current percentage. My only real issue with the whole process is having to wait 16 weeks for a decision on the reassessment. I mean, they have already determined your eligibility, so it should only be a matter of looking at the medical questionnaire, and supporting medical evidence (ie x-rays , CT scans, etc), comparing it to the ToD, and making the decision. So at most, it should only take a few days, not months.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 11 Apr 2015, 12:12

Submit the new medical evidence. If VRAB wants an assessment of your new medical info then they will send you to a VAC doctor.

Appointments with VAC doctors are for the CM's and VRAB. Not to assess new/re-evaluation of injuries for the client to submit.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Reconsideration Letter Question - Page 11 Empty Reconsideration Letter Question

Post by Dannypaj Sat 11 Apr 2015, 12:07

VRAB will be receiving my file in the near future (five months time frame) for reconsideration.  I submitted new evidence in order to have my case looked at again.

The advocate reviewed my file and entered the new evidence and will forward it for reconsideration.   

I have the opportunity to review the information pertaining to my file prior to it being submitted. 

Question:

1.  I have an updated medical report with a current CT scan of my medical condition attributed to service and should this be added to the file for review?

2.  Or should I have a VAC reassessment of my condition.   Not sure what to do; and I do not want  to lose my opportunity to be fairly assessed by the VRAB folks.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11