Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reconsideration Letter Question

+13
bosn181
AirLog
Willie
1sea0shell33
Rifleman
Newf
1993firebird
pinger
Sapper Zodiak
johnny211
bigrex
Teentitan
Dannypaj
17 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Reconsideration Letter Question - Page 2 Empty Re: Reconsideration Letter Question

Post by propat Thu 01 Feb 2018, 21:30

airlog really glad to hear VAC is waking up and you are on the road to straightening out your ELB situation .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Reconsideration Letter Question - Page 2 Empty Re: Reconsideration Letter Question

Post by Guest Thu 01 Feb 2018, 10:48

Danny curious if you got the DEC prior to applying for the CIAs? If not you can request a review of that. I cant see how they would deny you CIAs if you are DEC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 01 Feb 2018, 08:44

johnny211 wrote:Danny - Brother I’m sorry to hear that. If you have any appeals left, go for it. I know it’s a long frickin rd. Took me about 15 yrs to get mine sorted out. Johnny Out VVV...
Thanks johnny211,
I have plenty of appeal options left according to their letter.

Silver lining
1. I still have temp. ELB, soon to be the IRB (whom ever is in charge, must of been a Prince fan, with all these bizarre name changes) and a case manager
2. They missed the point completely....The PA provides financial security.
   The NVC is a mix bag of bureaucrat patch work (I know the difference).
3. After  receiving this letter , arguing with my spouse and not falling off the wagon
    My wife at the end of the day signals over to me and states  "your veterans are coming up next on the News".

CIA (s) denied , but off to the Supreme Court of Canada the legal challenge continues.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 01 Feb 2018, 08:00

Danny - Brother I’m sorry to hear that. If you have any appeals left, go for it. I know it’s a long frickin rd. Took me about 15 yrs to get mine sorted out. Johnny Out VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 01 Feb 2018, 04:44

Denied as well for my CIA (s).
There is something else happening in the deep dark shadows of VAC.
Maybe I'm missing the whole point, time to ask for all my records.
They have (VAC) no rhyme or reasoning for their denials, what so ever!
I see people whom are online and my "benefits" do not correspond to what they are receiving, why is that?
This denial process is just a temporary road block.
There is no way in hell another human being, whom never served a minute in their life for Canada,  is $10,500,000 richer then you and I, walking amongst Canada's true military heroes, with no service related injuries and is yet "here's the kicker!" better off then you and I.
If our "so called leader" lies in public , do not think for one minute that VRAB and VAC will not make up the best case scenarios and reduce your claims?
What a bunch!
Time to throw them all to the curb,,, one at a time.

I've said it once and I'll say it twice "who are they to decide of what my career outcome would of been' if I served the remainder of the 14 year intermediate engagement I signed!"
3b medically released with no sign of promotions (from a Private to an ass kissing 4 Leaf General), nor advancement and the ultimate slap in the face....................DENIALS, UPON DENIALS from Veterans Affairs Canada.

To learn, to serve and protect!
Throw that brain washed idea out of my head and out the widow.

Fighting at the Supreme court level?
This will open up more eyes in the general public.
The GOC has no will to fight one guy in court' why? Because in the end it would of  cost $40million?
But! GOC will fight us tooth and nail.
That Makes a lot of sense.
P.s
The Supreme Court of Canada  is controlled by the Government of Canada, which the bureaucrats (may/or may not of influenced the provincial decision) ultimately have the final say "again".

Keep at them and in the next campaign.....
They'll make promises.
This time it will not be a "shell game" and will be signed into power as the first priority of the GOC.
This is if the bureaucrats allow this....
A.S. will campaign hard for our support, let see what this suit will promise to do, to rectify this unjustified continuation of denials.
Remember, Canada's Politician work for you and I, the people of Canada.
And what we want as a nation is top priority.
Canadians are not joining the CF and I do not blame Canadians for this mute point.
Why would you?
You're treated a lot better coming home from an overseas shithole country, if you went there on your own accord and not as a CF soldier.
WOW, something is really wrong with this picture.

We are right , so continue the support big or small, it all helps.
With a push of the like button on a FB page, or even I have your back means a lot  Wink
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Wed 31 Jan 2018, 23:00

Thank you all for your advice. I have requested a review of my CIA decision. I can only hope that VAC may reconsider but I have my doubts. With this in mind I started to ask numerous questions with respect to my ELB. I am currently investing in the stock market and was wondering if any income from stocks would have to be declared or not. The short answer is no it doesn't have to be declared if you are not receiving it as a benefit from an employer or CRA doesn't consider it as business income. So if I make money from the stock market I won't have to declare it and have my ELB reduced. On another ELB point, VAC has informed me that if my LTD is 100% paid by the employees, as it is in my case, then my LTD payments will not be used as an offset for ELB purposes. VAC wants to have a letter from my employer stating that my LTD contributions are in fact 100% employee paid. Once VAC receives this letter they will adjust my ELB so that it doesn't use my LTD as an offset for ELB. Quite the raise for me in the near future...

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Sat 27 Jan 2018, 08:06

Thanks Sailor Jack. Letters sent (emails) to Ombudsman and cc'd Minister. Cancer is a pensioned condition. Awarded a DB of 109% and climbing with consequential claims.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Jan 2018, 07:45

Write the minister directly,mark it urgent, CC PM tell him exactly what you told us. I bet that the cancer is not a pension condition. Nevertheless there is compassionate grounds. I would even call his office in St Johns. good luck

https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/department-officials/minister/contact

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Fri 26 Jan 2018, 21:15

Thanks for the reply Yump5555. I was declined FCRB as I already have VIP benefits and ADL (instrumental) don't meet the criteria for FCRB. I am limited but just not enough to meet FCRB and apparently CIA. I have a very short life expectancy and can't work. Not to mention how every time I get a sore throat, pain in my neck or any pain concern in any other part of my body causes great stress as I am certain that the cancer has returned. Under these circumstances apparently I don't qualify for CIA. Simply trying to see if I have missed something in my application.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Yump5555 Fri 26 Jan 2018, 20:56

Request that VAC have a nurse come out to do an assessment. Based on this the nurse will recommend CIA and/or Family Caregiver Benefit. Tough to have VAC say no after a nursing assessment.

Yump5555
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2017-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Fri 26 Jan 2018, 19:41

Does anyone have any ideas on what I should say to win a review? Like I have said in the past I have a 109% disability (cancer) with numerous consequential claims outstanding. My cancer is life threatening and I never know in the next sore throat is the start of a new cancer. My cancer has involved a significant portion of my neck where my chest was used to rebuild my neck. Essentially, my cancer has metastasized to various parts of my neck and lymph nodes. Very short life expectancy, Quality of Life level 2, and unable to work. I am on LTD with a private company (not SISIP) and employer has no intention of taking me back at this time or in the future for that matter. Not sure how to approach this review as my illness may be permanent but not severe as per the definition in the regulations.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Fri 26 Jan 2018, 18:29

I am also going to request a review.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Fri 26 Jan 2018, 18:10

Bastards, let them explain to the minister and ombudsman that 'it is not severe enough'.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Fri 26 Jan 2018, 14:36

As recommended Czerv, I have sent an email to the Ombudsman and cc'd the Minister. Not sure if they can assist with my CIA but it is worth a try.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Fri 26 Jan 2018, 14:03

Thanks Czerv. I will give it a try and let you know the outcome. Why not simply request a review with VAC? VAC's denial reasoning is that although I may have a permanent illness it is not considered severe as per the definition within the CIA policy...

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next