Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reconsideration Letter Question

+13
bosn181
AirLog
Willie
1sea0shell33
Rifleman
Newf
1993firebird
pinger
Sapper Zodiak
johnny211
bigrex
Teentitan
Dannypaj
17 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Reconsideration Letter Question Empty Re: Reconsideration Letter Question

Post by bigrex Sat 07 Apr 2018, 20:57

I'm glad that things are continuing to fall into place for you Danny. Now don't let all that money go to your head. :Lord knows it's easy when you have gone without, for so long.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Fri 06 Apr 2018, 15:48

glad to hear things working out for you Danny, now you should be putting in for the cia supplement if you are on cia formally known as pia good luck keep us posted.

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Fri 06 Apr 2018, 07:17

well wholly frickity frack took a lot of time but it got done . way ta hang in there buds great work . congratulations !!! I remember they days ya only went trough one application proses . yup it could take as long as this one but when you were done ya were done . now this win may not have put any coin in your pocket but getting it done will now allow you to go through the proses again to apply for something that will . what a fracked up system this has become . so buds keep on going the way you are going you are doing great . just get er started ASAP time is a tickin .

congrats again

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Fri 06 Apr 2018, 06:02

Danny, that’s awesome news, congrats Brother. I know it’s been one hell of a long winding road for you to get here. VVV...Johnny
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Fri 06 Apr 2018, 04:52

Thank you everyone who assisted me along the way.

Diminished Earnings Capacity (DEC) or formally known as Totally Permanently Impaired (TPI)

!!! APPROVED !!!!

All the checkboxes are checked off and a review will take place in two years from now.

Last edited by Dannypaj on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 15:02; edited 1 time in total
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sun 18 Mar 2018, 16:39

propat wrote:hi buds yes there is no changes I have seen announced that will effect the CIAS until that date but for anyone thinking of applying for it I would do it ASAP.

propat

Thanks for the reply propat!
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Sun 18 Mar 2018, 09:36

hi buds yes there is no changes I have seen announced that will effect the CIAS until that date but for anyone thinking of applying for it I would do it ASAP.

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 17 Mar 2018, 04:22

Question for forum members

1. If An injured member is deemed to be DEC on or  after April 1st 2018, will the Career Impact Allowance (supplement) still be available up until 1st April 2019 ?
I am asking, since there will be some new benefits added In April of 2018

Well-Being Support

Well-being is a holistic construct. All seven aspects–employment, finance, health, education, social integration, housing and community–are inter-dependent. Today, VAC offers a variety of services and programs that support well-being with these eight new offerings, announced in Budget 2017.

Effective April 1, 2018
Career Transition Services Program

Effective April 1, 2018
Caregiver Recognition Benefit

Effective April 1, 2018
Centre of Excellence on PTSD and related mental health conditions

Effective April 1, 2018
Veterans' Education and Training Benefit

Effective April 1, 2018
Unlimited Vocational Rehabilitation

Effective April 1, 2018
Expanded Access to Military Family Resource Centres

Effective April 1, 2018
Veteran Emergency Fund

Effective April 1, 2018
Veteran and Family Well-Being Fund

Last edited by Dannypaj on Sun 18 Mar 2018, 16:40; edited 1 time in total
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bog6 Mon 05 Mar 2018, 22:32

Frustrating is correct, I was awarded EIA in 2016...tried to fight it and wonder why i was awarded EIA when i am a NVC veteran..CIA and CIAS replaced it...been denied because i was awarded EIA and now no longer eligible for CIA..

was thinking of another appeal to have it with drawn and request for CIA but i can imagine the issues i will have..with all the new up coming changes who knows what the rainbow will lead to... Evil or Very Mad

That is a old charter benefit...crazy

Last edited by bog6 on Mon 05 Mar 2018, 22:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition)

bog6
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 05 Mar 2018, 03:58

Reconsideration Letter Question
Post by Dannypaj on Sat 11 Apr 2015, 13:07  "IS WHEN I STARTED MY RECONSIDERATION "APPEAL" AND IT'S CONCLUDING SOON ! ! !" favourably? TBA  

First post below on this topic 3 years ago.
VRAB will be receiving my file in the near future (five months time frame) for reconsideration.  I submitted new evidence in order to have my case looked at again.
P.s
Thank you to all of the forum members helping me even if it is virtual contact.
Keep plugging away veterans, we are virtual soldiers (Keyboard Commandos, loving it)  that  which our voices resonates all across Canada.
Smile

Last edited by Dannypaj on Sat 17 Mar 2018, 05:15; edited 3 times in total
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 05 Mar 2018, 03:40

SailorJack wrote:
bigrex wrote:Danny, you HAVE to be deemed DEC before they can even look at approving CIAS. If they denied you the DEC determination, THAT is what you should be appealing, not CIAS.

I know it's very frustrating, but there is a very clear path for getting all the NVC benefits.  PA pension/DA  -  Rehab program  -  ELB and CIA  -  DEC  -  and finally, EELB and CIAS.  Some of the steps can be taken at the same time, but if you try to skip a step, everything down the road will get denied. No ifs, ands or buts.

Bigrex that is exactly right. One must follow a clear path. I didnt! The good news is I finally got it.

Just a Check in and a follow up (there maybe hope).
It has been a rollercoaster of a ride, but it may be coming to a stop soon.
A few weeks past, I was hand delivered my DEC papers by my CMO.
My DEC papers will be filled out and a board will convene and deliver an outcome.

This whole program is in need of an overhaul.
Being through it since 1998 and onwards, it shouldn't be so complicated!

Nothing worse then waiting a half a year for a reply and the reply being NO.

And when researching the reason why, well you stumble upon forums like this and find other disenfranchised soldiers.

Last edited by Dannypaj on Sat 17 Mar 2018, 05:16; edited 1 time in total
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Feb 2018, 10:54

bigrex wrote:Danny, you HAVE to be deemed DEC before they can even look at approving CIAS. If they denied you the DEC determination, THAT is what you should be appealing, not CIAS.

I know it's very frustrating, but there is a very clear path for getting all the NVC benefits.  PA pension/DA  -  Rehab program  -  ELB and CIA  -  DEC  -  and finally, EELB and CIAS.  Some of the steps can be taken at the same time, but if you try to skip a step, everything down the road will get denied. No ifs, ands or buts.

Bigrex that is exactly right. One must follow a clear path. I didnt! The good news is I finally got it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Feb 2018, 10:50

You can not get CIA s without the DEC. I was decline too. I had to get that before I reapplied/appealed again. So I did. DEC requires over 24 months "minimum" on rehab. I was on LTD for over ten years with Sisip and I had to submit new medicals etc. The process was totally frustrating it took an additional eight months. It should have been automatic. It wasn't backdated either. I understand the battle to well Dannypaj.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 02 Feb 2018, 10:29

Danny, you HAVE to be deemed DEC before they can even look at approving CIAS. If they denied you the DEC determination, THAT is what you should be appealing, not CIAS.

I know it's very frustrating, but there is a very clear path for getting all the NVC benefits. PA pension/DA - Rehab program - ELB and CIA - DEC - and finally, EELB and CIAS. Some of the steps can be taken at the same time, but if you try to skip a step, everything down the road will get denied. No ifs, ands or buts.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Fri 02 Feb 2018, 04:27

SailorJack wrote:Danny curious if you got the DEC prior to applying for the CIAs? If not you can request a review of that. I cant see how they would deny you CIAs if you are DEC.
No I have not been deemed DEC. (Although I was medically released with service related conditions).

Airlog for instance is over 100% but  did not receive the CIA....sorry Airlog to hear! But keep on them, you are your best advocate!....and for sure, the guys and girls on the forums are more then eager to help.
I think we are all tired of seeing people being bullied by a system designed to provide luxuries for the rich while shelling out leftovers to us; the real people of Canada.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next