Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP Annual Medical Forms (Assorted Topics)

+17
Dannypaj
turbo
1993firebird
K9
Mike77
sabrelove
RCN-Retired
tiger660
Sapper Zodiak
bigrex
Rifleman
peep
Recon031
Teentitan
MaggieinNB
OldZipperhead
21 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

SISIP Annual Medical Forms (Assorted Topics) - Page 12 Empty Re: SISIP Annual Medical Forms (Assorted Topics)

Post by bigrex Mon 09 Dec 2013, 13:49

Actually Teen, they wouldn't have to create jobs, or even train anyone, since they are already closing nine office that are already filled with qualified individuals to do the job. It would just be a matter of transferring them to another office. It would be nice if someone was able to conduct an actuarial that compares the costs associate with running both programs, in tandem, instead of instead of simply expanding the scope of a single program. Also ELB can already be granted for those medically released for non service related injuries, just like SISIP, because the only criteria is that you qualify for rehabilitation services, and the only limitation set for non service related releases to get rehab services is that they apply within 120 days of their medical release.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

SISIP Annual Medical Forms (Assorted Topics) - Page 12 Empty Re: SISIP Annual Medical Forms (Assorted Topics)

Post by Teentitan Mon 09 Dec 2013, 13:00

Navrat I'm sorry but your 'rumor' is just that a rumor. A Legion Service Officer in Hamilton is not the end all be all in solid information because he read an Auditor General report and OVO report where they "suggested" the GoC looks into the fine details of running two programs that have 'similarities' and comes to the conclusion that VAC is going to take over SISIP.

One thing you have to ask your Service Officer is this...The NVC does not provide retraining to CF personel injured in a non-related service injury that get out...SISIP does. So is the NVC going to be re-legistlated to include this benefit for CF Personel who have a non-service related injury?

On saving money how can the GoC save money? If VAC took over all retraining under the NVC then they would need to hire more employees. Employees you have to train, pay, pay pension and benefits for. Whereas SISIP employees are paid by Manulife not the GoC. Remember the GoC is cutting jobs in the Public Sector not creating them.

I'm not attacking you Navrat I'm just trying to point out to everyone that gossip in a Legion, mess, bar is just that...bar-gossip. If the person who tells you is not willing to produce a single fact then leave the gossip in the bar.

Afterall I was the one that got a phone call today asking for the proof of the rumor. As fun as it is to share a rumor this one had a ripple effect beyond CSAT Forum.

So let's keep to sharing information with each other not gossip. If you want to gossip then send a PM instead of posting it for everyone to read. Remember we are an open forum where everyone and anyone can read it.

Thanks.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Sun 08 Dec 2013, 17:01

Damn hamsters probably had a fest on it.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Dec 2013, 15:34

Navrat wrote:If it comes from the Hamilton legion ! It's as good as if it came from Harpers lips himself!
Oh Nav, they have spiked the peanut mixture again at the Legion haven't they.....Very Happy 
What do people at the Legion think of this merging of programs...

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 08 Dec 2013, 15:10

Honestly Nav, the Harperites have been screaming for ways to save money, so it only makes sense that they would stop paying a private insurance company, possibly millions, to administer a program for disabled Veterans, that is identical to a program for disabled Veterans, being administered by public servants already on salary. Even if they have to hire a few more employees at VAC to assist with the influx of new ELB clients, it surely has to be cheaper than the money being sent to Manulife.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Dec 2013, 15:02

Hey Sparrow! Any news on the CPI issue and those mysterious media blackout on the MC , GOC talks regarding this! It's December so something might be done

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Dec 2013, 14:58

If it comes from the Hamilton legion ! It's as good as if it came from Harpers lips himself!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Dec 2013, 14:56

I also heard several of the ombudsman reports recommendations will be announced soon to take the heat off the GOC regarding the suicides and to ensure veteran support for the conservatives in the upcoming election

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Dec 2013, 14:53

I always talk to the service officers , the ones doing the vac applications, and they actually have to go to vac and train to handle the paper and such. This is the newest rumour and I asked is it rumour and they replied that it's beyond rumour that the gov is actually working on a transitition plan to take the sisip ltd plan only, not the investment side and life insurance, from manulife and give it to vac. I was also told this has wide support and the ombudsman is pushing this also. Veteran affairs employees union is also backing it because of the jobs it will save at vac. Manulife only holds the administration contract for sisip ltd, they get paid to handle it, none of the money we get comes from the insurance company, dollar for dollar comes from the GOC , so I was told this could be done rather easy and quickly. The GOC and vac usually run ideas to the legion to see the feedback, the legion supports this along with VAC and the VAC ombudsman and really the CONs will support it because why have two programs running the same program. It will be announced as a Harper government plan to cut duplication and red tape.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Sun 08 Dec 2013, 13:56

Very intresting rumor Nav

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 08 Dec 2013, 13:27

Have to call you on that rumor Nav. What is "serious backing"?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Dec 2013, 13:24

Peeps, maybe sisip mailed your forms to Belize!!!! Maybe it got sent to the wrong mailbox and it's sitting in a mailbox in a hut in the middle of the jungle!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Dec 2013, 13:23

I got mine a month ago, filled in by doctor, and returned to sisip! Mine was due 1 Jan 2014. Interesting rumour going around the legion with some serious backing, that sisip ltd program will be closed and those on ltd will be transferred to Vac, since the programs are identical and this will save the GOC money running the program. I also believe this will save vac union jobs?

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Sun 08 Dec 2013, 12:58

I have no memory of my release lol

Oh well the wife will tell me
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Dec 2013, 12:56

Hi Teen, thanks. I didn't realize that our files are managed by our release date but I believe and correct me if I am wrong, but these mandatory medical forms are being released in bulk due to the post class action process rather than by release date. I had not received mine and called on Friday. As it was, I was slated to have my forms required to be returned by the 24th of Jan and had yet to receive package. So, I was concerned if I had not received mine maybe others had not as well. Simple fix, CM emailed the forms and said if I need extension just advise Sisip.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next