Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lump sum payment timetable

3 posters

Go down

Lump sum payment timetable Empty Re: Lump sum payment timetable

Post by Kramer Thu 09 Jul 2015, 09:28

That's just it Johnny.......it all points to the GoC.........Harper........everyone gets direction from Harper, be it the MVA, VRAB or the staff at VAC.

What starts out as one pain/issue/symptom has many other problems associated with that over time or as one gets older and the problem was never fixed or dealt with right the first time......the constant fighting and having to prove ourselves.......is not only wrong.......it is exhausting. And.....they don't get it because they don't care.

The government has money....they are politicians and they lie! They just gave Toronto a few billion for their so-called "Smart Track Plan" hhhmmmm where oh where did the money magically appear for that? (cuz they want votes!) Or all the money they generously donate on our behalf to other countries??

The best thing.....is to get rid of Harper and take one step at a time....then the Senate....lol

Between the public and media......people are learning the truth about how us vets are mistreated.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 20:26

bigrex + Riddick - Wow sounds like we 3 are in the same DVA boat. I need a vacation from my years of dva fights, reassessments, appeals, PIA review, rehab, appts, dr's, pscy letters, god make it stop. It just revolves around and mixes with my other movies in the head spacing, if you know what i mean. I am also near the end of this fight. But I still have a small amount left, till this old soldier picks up his ruck and walks into the sunset or beach.
I hear the Forces are having trouble making their numbers. No wonder when a young one talks to a Vet, and we tell them at the end of the line when your fracked, how you will not get treated. Should we really have to fight them every stinking step of the way. Would it kill them to take the ball, and suggest or send us the things we are entitled too. Oh wait, that would cost money, ah I forgot. I cannot wait to put my x on a ballot in Oct. VVV...lol.
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Wed 08 Jul 2015, 10:22

Not sure if many have heard of "Sanctuary Trauma".....Sanctuary trauma: "that which 'occurs when an individual who suffered a severe stressor next encounters what was expected to be a supportive and protective environment' and discovers only more trauma."

Many may not have heard of it but the vast majority of veterans sure have experienced it.

Rex....I know where you are coming from man........the constant fighting and waiting....arguing.......wondering why VAC / VRAB has a totally different logic and application of common sense for things that are so basic. I can understand why some become so overwhelmed and the frustration and anguish gets some to the point of no return.

Your words of having time to decompress with absolutely nothing on one's plate to think and stress about is something I to can't wait for.

Glad to hear something good is coming your way.....

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 08 Jul 2015, 09:27

Thanks Johnny. I guess I am just tired of waiting after these last several years. It seems like I've been waiting for one thing or other, between waiting for the various stages with the SISIP lawsuit, between the decisions, the negotiations, retro payment and COLA, as well as waiting for various VRAB and VAC decisions, and now finally waiting for the money. I'm just at the end of my patience quota, and I need a year or two without having something pending, just to decompress.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 07:01

Hi Bigrex, In my case recently it was less then a week when it was in the bank account..VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 08 Jul 2015, 01:26

up to 2 weeks for a direct deposit huh. I suppose that isn't too bad for the government, but still pretty long, just to punch in some numbers and transfer money electronically.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Tue 07 Jul 2015, 23:15

My experience was quite fast........on more than one occasion....as soon as they get your decision on how much you want as a lump sum.....all of it.....50% etc.

Once they receive that....say a week and a half for the mail system and 2 weeks or less for the deposit.

But don't bank on it ...lol

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Lump sum payment timetable Empty Lump sum payment timetable

Post by bigrex Tue 07 Jul 2015, 19:42

I am just wondering if anyone knows how roughly it takes to get your money, after a positive decision. The last time I received a lump sum was several years ago, and was before I had direct deposit set up. So how long does it take VAC to actually deposit the money, after you have sent back the forms, or am I going to have to wait for a cheque to be mailed out?
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down