Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What can Veterans expect from the Liberal Majority Government

+7
BinRat
rucksack031
Teentitan
bigrex
Kramer
Dannypaj
11 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

What can Veterans expect from the Liberal Majority Government - Page 8 Empty Re: What can Veterans expect from the Liberal Majority Government

Post by Guest Wed 21 Oct 2015, 19:32

ABC may have contributed some but there are lots of people right across the Country that voted for the Liberals outside of the Veterans file who were just fed up with Harper.
Veterans across the Country were fed up with Harper , the media did an excellent job bringing Veterans issues into the spotlight.
So I think pretty well everyone in their own way played a part , Stoffer loosing his riding was a shocker , then again , the NDP failed in their Veterans platform , so Veterans I'm sure played a vital part in that.
When the serving government is fighting Veterans in court , an saying they have no obligation to Veterans , this message is being told by the media to the Canadian people from cost to cost , you do not have to be a Veteran to understand how a government who does these things , has no respect for their Veterans.
But it's a new chapter now , Harper is gone , an once again hope is on the horizon , so we discuss here about what we as Veterans can expect from this new government , a government that is of the majority type , without discussing this we would not be as educated as if we were discussing it , discussing is a great way to bond between all of us , it gives people hope , it educates us , it gives us purpose , it's all about saying what you believe.
Just take a good look at what people are posting here on CSAT , an you will see Veterans that are engaging in different types of topics that shows interest by the person posting , an interest of the persons responding , I think that's just outstanding.
Teen did an excellent job building this forum  , in my opinion no other Veterans forum comes close to CSAT , not to knock others down , no , just to praise this site , which I feel is deserving.
So I say this folks , continue posting away , as everyone benefits from each ones thoughts.

Back to top Go down

What can Veterans expect from the Liberal Majority Government - Page 8 Empty Re: What can Veterans expect from the Liberal Majority Government

Post by Dannypaj Wed 21 Oct 2015, 10:26

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Oct 2015, 09:11

Trudeau is going to make it happen. Remember the government can change the rules, no problem, look the Cons brought in that new child care cheques lots of money spent, no problem, the Cons got rid of income trusts, made them taxable back a couple of years, no problem, Harper wanted to put cameras in all of our houses to make sure we tuned into little house on the prairie, SUNNY DAYS , the whole world is celebrating! Thank God he's gone and the best part of it...... Who ended up having the best hairdo!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Oct 2015, 08:22

ya see sure I want it done fast and think it can be at least by GOC standards but first and foremost I want it done right .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Oct 2015, 08:21

thing is this may be able to be done in regulations not really sure as I haven't really looked at that option but a change to the act itself even an amendment will require a vote.

I really think that is what's needed . yup its a little slower for sure but once its established it will likely take a vote to remove it as well so it will have at least some measure of protection going forward a regulatory change just would not have .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 21 Oct 2015, 08:13

And if it the amendment needs to go through parliament for a vote, it will be interesting to see who will vote against the change. Whoever votes against it will be falling on their own sword (politically speaking).
I do not know about you guys, but I am tired of being screwed around by the government.  
Now the waiting begins again for some and for others it is just another thing added onto their list in regards to VAC.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Oct 2015, 08:10

ya you can never be to prepared at least in my opinion .as for the case workers

suppose it wouldn't hurt but at this time im guessing they may be more in the dark than we are buds .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 21 Oct 2015, 07:59

For sure and that is why all angles are being worked through here on this site. The input is great, speculation better, it keeps us on our toes for the what if scenarios.
Hopefully he will move quickly on our file.
Anyone call their case worker to get their input on all of this?
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Oct 2015, 07:20

I here ya guys but nothing wrong with being prepared . feb 1st gives hip more than enough time to show significant movement on the file .

if its a quick amendment that can be thrown in to the very first piece of legislation he decided to present not a big deal now that he has a majority . or stand alone if he wants .

im hoping for the best as much as any of you maybe even more so but I will be prepared .

I think we all should just in case things go south.

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 21 Oct 2015, 06:59

We are jumping the gun I think. He is already making true on campaign promises "Canada withdrawing fighter jets from Iraq, Syria, Trudeau tells Obama".
This guy is not Stephan Harper! We will hold him accountable for his promises that he made to veterans.
You can not govern Canada if you don't have the support of your military and I am sure he took notice of the damage veterans can inflict on a leader who is fighting their very own people, especially it's veterans.
JT probably has had his team make all the amendments already (who knows, just wishful thinking and still willing to fight to make sure we are not being screwed around any longer ).
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Wed 21 Oct 2015, 00:32

Folks were still talking about politicians and government bureaucracy here, and our file for the lack of better wording is not as “time sensitive”(even though we might think so) like many of the other promises and commitments they have its important to them don’t get me wrong i just don’t believe its at the top of the pile. hell they probably wont be recalling Parliament till some time in January after the Christmas break the way things look right now but that's JT call.

Cheer’s
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Oct 2015, 00:13

It's a shame we have to fight at all, maybe this time we won't have to. Let's take our time and cross our t and dot our I's and hope we are done fighting good night fellas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 23:51

he got till feb 1st to make significant movement on this file . yup I know he will be busy after he takes office I get that . but that's his grace period that's it that's all .

aint waitin another 10 fracking years !!!!

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 20 Oct 2015, 23:45

propat I assumed the conversation was about payment so your rehab comparisson confused me because it was a reflex statement whenever I talk to bureaucrats so my bad. Sometimes the muscle memory just takes over.

Actually Rex those benefits were in the works for over a year as they were born from the OVO report. There was lots of different consultations, standing committee meetings, one on one phone calls, stakeholder/summit meetings.

But you are correct the Libs have the ability to fast track this plan. They just have to burn the midnight oil and have teleconference's with advocates and vet organizations, mainly Afghan vets.

I'm watching the news and it's all about the whirlwind schedule JT has. So don't give them time. Cabinet is announced on the morning of the 4th so get on the Minister and JT in the afternoon of the 4th.

There was a lot of promises made by JT so don't let him put vets on the back burner. His vet promises were one of the first to be made so we should be one of the first promises to be kept.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 20 Oct 2015, 23:28

Yes, teen, but if you remember, those new benefits were announced in March, and were in effect by June. And those were brand new benefits, with no consultation or review. To me that is not a long time, in terms of parliamentary process. So things can happen relatively quickly in Ottawa, IF and WHEN they want it to. Even you have to admit that everyone you spoke to, were answering to a Torie government, who was fighting change, all the way to court. So if the VAC lawyers or deputy ADM's told an advocate that changes and improvements could be made easily, but the PM and MVA were simply saying no, they could put their very careers on the line. So lets give the Liberals something that we have been asking for from VAC, and that is benefit of doubt, and give them a few months to see if there is any movement on the file
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next