Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What can Veterans expect from the Liberal Majority Government

+7
BinRat
rucksack031
Teentitan
bigrex
Kramer
Dannypaj
11 posters

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

What can Veterans expect from the Liberal Majority Government - Page 10 Empty Re: What can Veterans expect from the Liberal Majority Government

Post by bigrex Tue 20 Oct 2015, 22:16

Propat, you are correct. The Party in charge can make any changes that they want to legislation, especially in a majority situation. The trick is that they have to have the political will to do it. The Tories did it all the time, and lost quite a few court challenges, because many of their changes were affecting people in a negative manner. So if the Liberals want to amend the NVC, to add a PA style pension, then they have the ability to do so. And like I said before, since the actual Canadian Forces Members and Veterans Re-establishment and Compensation Act, does not lay out how the disability award has to be paid, they may only need to amend the regulations.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

What can Veterans expect from the Liberal Majority Government - Page 10 Empty Re: What can Veterans expect from the Liberal Majority Government

Post by Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 22:08

just a dumb ol infantry Cpl trying to muddle my way through this and a caper as well so im gonna need all the help I can get lol.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 22:03

ya I already thought of adding ( in lui of the award the member may elect ) at the start of (d)but thought it was a legal redundancy . maybe im wrong .

pleas help anyone for any reason.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 20 Oct 2015, 21:48

Once again, the disability pension wasn't the only benefit offered under the Pension Act, just like the disability award is not the only benefit offered under the NVC. There are both the chosen method to compensate for Pain and Suffering. There is nothing written in stone that the NVC can only ever offer a lump sum compensation. Hell, the only reference is to it is calling it a disability award. It is up to the Government as to what exactly the "award" will be. So no, it will not be the PA pension, under the NVC. What it will b,e is a monthly disability pension, under the NVC, that falls in line with those offered under the Pension Act.

Right now Teen, you are only stirring the shit, for the sake of stirring the shit. Unless you were in on the conversation, at the table, with Trudeau, then you can't say he isn't going to do as he promised, or is willing to do what it takes to make it happen. Harper is gone, Trudeau is PM, so you can either continue to fight for veterans, holding the government to account, OR you can go work on your health, leaving the rest of us to advocate for ourselves. But please do not ruin everything that you have done over the last several years, by bashing the Liberals for inaction, because they're Liberals, before they've even had a chance to be sworn in.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 21:46

bigrex you are on here and good at this stuff research the frack out of this and please tell me im wrong and why so I can make the proper corrections .

yup if supreme were on right now id be asking him as well .

no im not always right but I will do my research and ask for help if I think I may be wrong .

not that I think im wrong but there seems to be some disagreement of a sort so please ANYONE !!!! tell me in a legal sense how this will not work .

help me out boys

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 21:35

ya people may say you need to change the headliner to award or optional pension not required its just a headliner .kind of a description of that part .

sure change that if you like but being what it is it doesn't really matter legally speaking .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 21:23

KISS guys no need to complicate things that really are not that fracking complicated .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 21:21

BTW section 21 of the act is the PA pension and schedule 1 is the payment table .

propat

Last edited by propat on Tue 20 Oct 2015, 21:23; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 21:18

im just suggesting a simple amendment be added to this part of the NVC .

something like this .

preamble yada yada yada

after (c) the following para is to be added (d) to be paid a pension under section 21 of the pension act as set out in schedule 1 of that act .

or something like that hand it off to the justice department to check the language make any changes if necessary and vote on the fracking thing .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 21:14

this is what exists today for options for the pain and suffering benefit under the NVC .

Election as to payment of award

52.1 (1) Subject to subsections (4) and (7), a member or a veteran to whom a disability award is to be paid under section 45, 47 or 48 may elect, within the prescribed time and in the prescribed manner,

(a) to be paid the amount of the disability award as a lump sum;

(b) to be paid each year, in lieu of the amount of the disability award, for up to the number of years indicated by the member or veteran, an amount equal to the amount determined by the formula

A/B + C

where
A is the amount of the disability award,B is the number of years indicated by the member or veteran, andC is the amount of interest for that year determined in accordance with the regulations; or

(c) to be paid the portion, indicated by the member or veteran, of the amount of the disability award as a lump sum and to be paid each year, in lieu of the remainder of the amount of the disability award, for up to the number of years indicated by the member or veteran, an amount equal to the amount determined by the formula set out in paragraph (b) read as though the description of A were the amount of the disability award less the portion that the member or veteran elected to be paid as a lump sum.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 21:09

boys its simple

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 21:05

We need a letter drafted by someone like supreme(hint hint} so we can send them to our own individual liberal MP's. We need to speak as one voice, not one voice speak for all, because that has worked out so well in the past hasn't it. It is a scary day when I am the voice of reason. If they see this same draft come from all across Canada they will start to take notice and then when the new V.A.Minister sits in his new chair for the first time we will flood his office with the same draft. Concentrate solely on the P.A first. Teen, calm down, let us savor this victory for at least another 24 hours before you start bashing our hopes for the change we voted for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 20:15

trooper well for starters we are not dealing with a party that said it will never happen .

we are dealing with a party that promised it will happen .

second

if this doesn't get fixed and considering as more time goes on more disabled vets are getting released on a buyout .

do ya think come next election there will be more peed off vets or less ????

next question ; do ya think JT wants a second term ????

rhetorical I know .

point is you are absolutely fracking correct we ARE sitting pretty for the time being .

we will have a better indication feb 1st me thinks .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 20:05

For me as long as it gets done ( properly that is ) that's all good for me.

Don't want to see anything be put on the back burner , as long as the promises are being worked on it will show positive movement.

Waited 10 years for this , another few Months won't hurt anyone.

Mr. Trudeau's first day as Prime Minister-designate has already spoke with Obama - Cabinet to be formed Nov 4th  if this is any indication of the speed in which this new government is moving , I think we are sitting fairly well for the time being.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 19:43

ya see teen the cons were my enemy . the libs became my freids with there announcement . now that they are in power the libs are now my enemy until the buyout fiasco is sorted out after that we will see .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next