Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What can Veterans expect from the Liberal Majority Government

+7
BinRat
rucksack031
Teentitan
bigrex
Kramer
Dannypaj
11 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

What can Veterans expect from the Liberal Majority Government - Page 12 Empty Re: What can Veterans expect from the Liberal Majority Government

Post by Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 18:30

hopin albino is not the next MVA lol.

propat

Back to top Go down

What can Veterans expect from the Liberal Majority Government - Page 12 Empty Re: What can Veterans expect from the Liberal Majority Government

Post by Teentitan Tue 20 Oct 2015, 18:30

Don't dismiss the ID card it does have benefits. Think of it as a consensus of all veterans. Believe it or not there is a lot of vets out there that are eleigible for benefits and they probably don't know. It is also a good resource to keep a roll call of vets in DO areas.

The military is dropping the ND-75's which was our only official veterans card. If the Libs are smart they will follow the Cons lead and have VAC issue ID cards. The goal is to make it equivalent to a drivers license or provincial health card for official ID.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 18:29

PART 2

REHABILITATION SERVICES, VOCATIONAL ASSISTANCE AND FINANCIAL BENEFITS

General

Marginal note:Non-application of this Part

6. This Part does not apply in respect of a physical or a mental health problem that resulted primarily from

(a) service in the Canadian Forces on or before April 1, 1947; or

(b) service in the Korean War, as that term is defined in subsection 3(1) of the Pension Act.

frack that was quick

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 18:28

the PA CANT ????

but the fact is that the PA has always been part of the PA . IN LOTS OF PLACES .

back in a sec will start looking see how long it takes me

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 18:23

lmao @ nav .

by that I mean who gives 2 flyin fracks lol.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 20 Oct 2015, 18:23

Gentlemen the PA cannot be part of the NVC, told to me by Albino Guarnier Liberal MP who tabled a new bill to replace the PA, because the NVC had a definitive cut off date for the PA and a definitive start date for the NVC. Therefore both are seperate bills.

The NVC is a lump sum payment system.

Just look at the pre amble of the sacred obligation that was added to the NVC in July....it went thru parliamentary procedure to be added to the NVC.

The Liberals promised to reinstate/re-establish the lifelong pension with zero details of the details and wether it would be tax free or not.

Like the new benefits brought in by the Cons in July it went thru the parlimentary procedures and was voted on.

So what makes you think reinstating/re-establishing the life long pension does not have to go thru the same procedure?

One other thing the Cons are still basically in charge of gov't and will start the hand over to the Libs in the coming weeks. In other words offices need to be cleared, secure paper shredding companies have to be contracted to shred internal notes. Come on we all know changing the governing parties after an election is not a "turn key condo".

The Libs will write up what they want to do, life long pension, and the VAC ADM's and their minions will fill in the legalities and writing for their proposed change/add on to the NVC.

I'm not being a sore loser here. I'm passing on information from VAC to you. If the Libs do have a plan then it can be done by April 1, 2016. If they want to review the NVC it will take longer....considerably longer. But it will still get done.

This also includes the bump in ELB from 75 to 90%. In other words they will include this change in the same change of reinstating the life long pension.

Bills cannot be changed on a whim by the ruling government. It has to go thru parliamentary procedures. What makes the passing of changes to bills easy is a majority government which the Liberals have. But the major road block in these changes is the bureaucrats and their language, SOP's and rules.

Again if you don't believe me call your MP and ask.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 18:10

Do we still get ID cards?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 18:03

Mr. Trudeau to announce new Cabinet Nov 4th.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 17:15

kk got ya buds .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 20 Oct 2015, 17:13

Trooper, I know that. I was merely responding to the post stating that it wouldn't be as simple as reinstating the PA. The disability pension/award, is only one aspect of either legislations, and that the NVC wouldn't need to be completely overhauled, in order to reinstate monthly life long, AND tax free, disability compensation.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 17:09

bigrex they can still use the PA pension its still current legislation in use today .

there is already an option paragraph in the NVC of how you can take your award adding an option to take a PA pension instead is the easiest road to get this done .

the PA did not go away so you don't have to bring it back its still here .

one new sentences under 52.1 (1)

that's it that's all .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 20 Oct 2015, 17:02

Teen, since there was no political will, at the time, to bring back the monthly pension, or merge the two acts, are you really surprised that they played up how difficult it would be to change? I mean, back before 2005, I bet the Veteran groups were fed some of the same BS that you guys were, when they were asking about improving the PA. But that didn't stop the Liberals from bringing in the NVC, in record time. It didn't go through any lengthy parliamentary process, and it changed a lot more than just how the disability award was paid.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 16:55

trooper yes it is buds .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 16:54

Rex,

I'm thinking when they say "re - establish the lifelong pension" their talking about the pension portion part of the PA pension ( ONLY )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 16:50

Propat ,

I think Finnegan is your new MP ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next