Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the maximum amount payout for a disability???

Go down

What is the maximum amount payout for a disability??? Empty Re: What is the maximum amount payout for a disability???

Post by bigrex Sun 01 Nov 2015, 18:17

No problem Koreankid. This is the reason CSAT exists. VAC bureaucracy was hard to wrap our heads around as it was, and that was before the NVC was introduced. Heck, there were VAC staff that didn't even know what members were or were not eligible for or not, and actually refused to pass along applications for benefit until they were presented the eligibility requirements from the legislation.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

What is the maximum amount payout for a disability??? Empty Thanks

Post by Guest Sun 01 Nov 2015, 16:09

Thank You both for your help, very much appreciated.

Back to top Go down

What is the maximum amount payout for a disability??? Empty Re: What is the maximum amount payout for a disability???

Post by bigrex Sun 01 Nov 2015, 13:22

It is in both the Pension Act and the NVC, since both the Disability pension and awards are cumulative.

Pension Act

"Maximum disability assessment

(1.1) Despite anything in this Act, if the extent of disability of a member of the forces, in respect of the aggregate of all of the member’s disability assessments, exceeds 100%, no pension shall be paid in respect of any percentage points exceeding 100%."

New Veterans Charter

"Maximum disability assessment

54. (1) For the purposes of section 45, 47 or 48, if a member’s or a veteran’s extent of disability, in respect of the aggregate of all of the member’s or veteran’s disability assessments and deemed disability assessments, exceeds 100%, no disability award shall be granted in respect of any percentage points exceeding 100%.
   Marginal note:Assessments under Pension Act

(2) Any disability assessments under the Pension Act shall be taken into account for the purpose of determining whether the extent of disability exceeds 100%."
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Nov 2015, 13:19

hi buds ya I get ya its in the veterans reestablishment;

Maximum disability assessment

54. (1) For the purposes of section 45, 47 or 48, if a member’s or a veteran’s extent of disability, in respect of the aggregate of all of the member’s or veteran’s disability assessments and deemed disability assessments, exceeds 100%, no disability award shall be granted in respect of any percentage points exceeding 100%.

hope this helps

propat

Back to top Go down

What is the maximum amount payout for a disability??? Empty Thanks

Post by Guest Sun 01 Nov 2015, 12:31

I guess that would make sense as the death benefit is that same maximum amount

Would you know off hand where this information is found in the pension act or the veterans reastablishment

appreciate the help.

I don't trust the vac policies as I have found they change and remove them frequently
Couldn't really find anything in their policies that made sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Nov 2015, 11:56

all combined .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Nov 2015, 11:54

that would be all combined buds .that amount is the most they will pay any one person.

propat

Back to top Go down

What is the maximum amount payout for a disability??? Empty What is the maximum amount payout for a disability???

Post by Guest Sun 01 Nov 2015, 11:45

Can anyone tell me if the disability award rate table is per disability, or is this the maximum amount you can get with all your disabilities combined.

Thanks for any help

Back to top Go down

What is the maximum amount payout for a disability??? Empty What is the maximum amount payout for a disability???

Post by Guest Sun 01 Nov 2015, 11:31

I have found that you are allowed up to $301,275.26 in accordance with the 2014 disability table.
What I don't understand is if you are allowed this amount for each individual disability as a maximum amount per disability.

OR

I have multiple disabilities which combined as percentages will exceed $301,275.26

So my question is are you allowed $301.275.26 for each disability, or is this a maximum amount with all your disabilities combined.

Would appreciate the feedback

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum