Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

+16
Brasidas
prawnstar
chillier76
Slaket
Sapper Zodiak
Recon031
johnny211
rucksack031
czerv
Teentitan
Rifleman
Kramer
bigrex
BinRat
Dannypaj
pinger
20 posters

Page 10 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 37  Next

Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 10 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Guest Thu 24 Dec 2015, 03:24

I will be one of those bigrex. it will go right in the bank i would calculate it out in to monthly if i needed to for monthly payments. bigrex did you say a date behind elb means you are on eelb and how secure is eelb. i have the date till age 65 i don't trust any thing so will bank lump sum for future survival or pay back for pa. for the first time in 24 years i will be above the poverty line what does that mean and where was that help when i needed it most. The damage is already done, and why is it called elb sounds like welfare, why not sds service disability supliment or something like that to add a little dignity to it. having a hard time accepting this i can see where pa is coming from and why i deserve it elb just don't have any dignity feel to it even though i know i deserve it.

Back to top Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 10 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by bigrex Wed 23 Dec 2015, 22:37

I know that I wouldn't want to be one of the Veterans who are going to be approved for a lump sum between now and the implementation of the changes. Without some sort of communication from the MVA, they are unable to make an informed decision on how is best to take the payments, because they will likely end up having to pay the entire amount back.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Dec 2015, 18:56

Well Mike sounds like his optimistic....so am I....I personally have no problem with getting things right an having some patience in getting all those promises implemented but what bothers me is the lack of information being sent out publicly by our MVA...I get it that his working on it an I have little doubt that all but the lifelong pension will be done by the end of next year.
Nobody can really complain about that...but action speaks louder then words an without getting more details it's hard for a lot of Veterans who have been waiting for years to sit back an relax an wait for this to come through , getting better informed would I think relax a whole lot of Veterans.
The one promise of bringing back the lifelong pension is the one that's going to have the biggest impact....this is the one promise that I as others have little faith in at this point in the game....it wouldn't be as bad if we were given updates as to what is going on today on this....it would give Veterans a sense of understanding the progression which in turn would give us faith an hope....so like others are saying come early in the new year my only hope is that we get some proper info on this so we can regain some hope in knowing that this is actually going to be done in a way that Veterans would like it to be done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 23 Dec 2015, 14:02

Question asked on Mr. Michael Blais's Facebook page

Marc Aalbers "Six weeks plus into the new regime and I don't use that term lightly, and not a substantial word on Veterans issues. Not holding my breath, my time is running out".

CVA Michael Blais
Michael Blais states "Marc.I think it's important to note that the Minister of Veterans Affairs held a very important stakeholders meeting early December where in he reiterated that the promises made during the election platform would be fulfilled and he would need effective in effect consultation in order to ensure that we get it right. I think this is a very productive first step. I think we also must put this in perspective. In theory, the veterans issue will be solved in the very near future, legislation will be put forward in the new year to resolve all the central issues. I also think there are other global things happening that preclude interest in veterans issues at this time. It is always the same after remembrance Day, albeit with aberrations such as last year when we were in advance to contact mode and were keeping media interest alive. I understand your frustration, many have shared. But I can tell you, I am spoken with Gen. Walter, with the new minister, the objectives we have set at the CVA level, objectives which have been embraced by the Liberal party through the election platform, will be fulfilled. If not, we go on the attack again"!

CVA Michael Blais
Michael Blais "I would also note that I was invited to the throne speech by the Prime Minister and accorded a very good seat right up front sitting with three former prime ministers. I am hoping that this is a subliminal message, an indication that the prime minister will fulfil the obligation as he has promised me personally on several over occasions that he would. I am very optimistic, consciously to be certain, I am not naïve, but this is the first time we are making inroads at a significant level like this and I am hopeful that the momentum we have generated during the election. Will conclude with affective resolutions and legislation within the new year".
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Dec 2015, 06:06

Yes buddy 2016 year of the "VETERAN" not getting kicked around anymore!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 19:16

good idea wildthing every letter helps buds .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 18:55

I am going to write what i want to bring to their attention then i will have the wife type it out in a professional manner as she deals with the government daily and put it on a flash drive and send it to all their email addresses and MP until i get the answers i want to hear. i will start this after the first of the new year and do it weekly. one refugee is taking up my yearly pa don't mind them coming in, but when them being here takes food out of veterans mouths then they better put a hold on the refugees until veterans are looked after. None of us want to wait two years not even one. Times up bring back the PA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 18:36

johnny just speculation buds that's all . of course some sort of update would be great some timelines and some details would help us understand what direction they ARE ACTUALLY going with this .

what we have been hearing thus far don't sound very good . they may be getting us to follow the brown sh@# BRICK road . im sure they will paint it yellow before they show us the way but expect rain in the forecast yup bring the umbrella if you will but im thinkin rubber boots will be a must .

here is to hoping im wrong .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Tue 22 Dec 2015, 18:19

propat - tks, I did not really grasp on how this whole paying back might work. Like everyone, it would be great in the next mth or so if they came out and gave some sort of update with timelines. I don't think that is too much to ask for..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 18:00

johhny ALL the nvc vets I talked to have NO PROBLEM with paying back what they owe from the buyout after subtracting from that amount what they would be owed from the PA retro especially if done in this manner . however most of them would be owed money anyway so nothing to pay back . lawyers would not really touch this as their is little to no chance of winning .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 17:54

well not all these guys are on elb PIA and sup but the only reason I assume they would take a small % from their monthly check is that this is the default method used by the GOC for pension payback and exists in differing forms in various pieces of legislation already unless of course you intentionally defrauded the GOC then they revert to other methods .

I don't see them using much harsher methods for us simply because we are vets but then again they have fracked us before for that very same reason .

im guessing IF they go with the PA pension they are not trying to frack us and thus WILL use this method .

if they frack us on the monthy pension WELLLL... all bets are off .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Tue 22 Dec 2015, 17:40

propat - good pts. But I think if they attempt to take money off us, to pay owed money back, that would also cause a crapstorm and lawyers. But all this is too much for my head spacing..Some desk numbers jockey better start sharpening those pencils.
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 17:40

Well I agree with propat....today is Tuesday an Tuesday is the day to agree with propat...LOL

As much as I would love for those who received lump sum amounts an change over to the lifelong pension have those amounts own forgiven...if one is to look at it in broad sense of being realistic...it will never happen...the reason why they want to revert back to the lifelong is because it lacks in fairness compared to those already on the lifelong...forgiven amounts own will make it unfair to those already receiving the lifelong...so that would put them back to square one making it so that one side is getting more then the other which in reality puts them back to square one which is why it will never happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 17:28

Don't think they would get a penny till its paid back they would say you have elb pia etc etc. don't want something else don't make sense if part of your percentage is already PA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 17:26

yes that's right trooper as ive stated shortly after the election feb 1st is my personal cut off date . I will really want to see and here something significant by that date to tell me these guys are on board with this . if they have nothing substantial by then im just gonna figure these guys are not as committed as they said they were .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 37  Next