Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

+16
Brasidas
prawnstar
chillier76
Slaket
Sapper Zodiak
Recon031
johnny211
rucksack031
czerv
Teentitan
Rifleman
Kramer
bigrex
BinRat
Dannypaj
pinger
20 posters

Page 11 of 37 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 37  Next

Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 11 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 17:18

well Johnny Gen Leslie did mention something about considering past buyout amount's or something like that but then again he said a lot of things.

IF and its a BIG if they go with the PA pension as the option I would assume they would figure in what they would have made on the PA and the buyout . they would then either pay the vet what they owe them and carry on with the monthly payments or if the vet owes they would carry on with the monthly payments taking off a small % of that cheque till what is owed is payed back.

propat

Back to top Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 11 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 17:13

Johnny , the only way they can add to the buyout is if they raise the buyout amount which they promised an the next question would be how far back would it be retroactive in terms of the new buyout amount which should be from 2006.

Same goes for the lifelong pension this also should be retroactive back from 2006.

This whole issue is going to cost big time an that's where I think their at today , as propat said ( MONEY )
The thing is if they are going to hold true on their promise...they best wake up an smell the coffee an get it done regardless the cost.. as they have already said regarding funds ' whatever it takes "
The days of Veterans being fooled are over...more an more Veterans are being proactive in protecting their own knowledge an not being afraid to let people know about what was said an promised to them.
The MVA is going to have to make some command decisions in getting this done an done in a timely fashion.
Veterans are not going to stand for the delay word...or complicated word...or were working on it words.
Their either going to do it , an do it in a timely fashion...or their going to stall it hoping not to angry Veterans which will not work as I have stated Veterans know what was promised an expect those promises in particular the lifelong pension to be done , an done in a timely fashion.

Come early in the new year he better start commenting on the lifelong pension because if he doesn't , he will be hit from every angle wanting answers as to why he is avoiding commenting on this particular implementation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 16:55

They better johnny thats not very fair if they don't and will cause lawyers to get richer and waste tax dollars. that was an example of how easy some who are getting partial pa are to fix if you are getting partial pa there is a good chance they owe back pay.

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Tue 22 Dec 2015, 16:33

I also don't want to sound negative, but some here are thinking that they will go back and see what some of us already got for a buyout, then add to it. Did I miss something or did the MVA or DVA state this? I really can't see them going back, but just starting a new policy going fwd. But who knows...VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 16:05

I receive 30% pa what is so hard about sending a letter saying we are going to increase your pa to cover all your disability percentages seeing as your lump sum has timed out. it is already there in place, just change the dollar figure on the direct deposit that easy MVA!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 14:24

When parliment resumes we just flood all emails and facebook pages until we drive them as crazy as va drives us. if they don't show respect why should they receive it. pa only no generic pension.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 14:23

I'm with propat on this...it's of no surprise they have found themselves in a mess...the lifelong pension is an should be a priority for this government but so far this whole thing is stinking to high heaven.
The signals coming out thus far has all indications that implementing this is going to take awhile...a long long while.
Everybody an their dog is scrambling to come up with a solution to bring back this lifelong pension...why did we know this would happen ?
Over a year...two years...three years...when an if it's all said an done...will this end up being the actual of the promise ?
I'm not trying to be negative or discourage anyone as of course there's always hope...but hope comes from being informed.
I think the biggest problem is that the MVA himself has not said a whole lot on this particular promise...this has to be a clear sign that there is some major problems trying to find a solution to implement this.
Implementing this in the form of merging both the NVC an the disability pension portion of the PA is really the only way to go if they want to make implementation fair which should not take years to complete...remember when asked about funding for these promises the MVA said whatever it takes so remember that public comment.
Go big or stay home...sxxx or get off the pot is what I say...come early in the new year were going to need more comments coming from our MVA on this particular implementation.
We need to be kept informed on where their going with this as it could end up being one of those situations where the only word were hearing is delayed...which could be for years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 13:57

well bigrex not getting this done soon is a very bad indicator . a return to the PA pension or being allowed to elect that choice is one of the easiest things they can do and because of that one of the fastest . actuarial , analysis , estimating budgetary and fiscal impacts and so forth easy if even required .

if they are taking a long time with this it only means one thing . IT WILL NOT BE THE PA PENSION .

that would mean a new benefit witch will require a lot of work .

the GOC will not make things much harder on themselves to bring in a new untested benefit when the easy tried tested and true one is right there for them unless they had something to gain and im guessing that thing is money .

so im guessing the new benefit will be no where equal to the PA pension .

so NVC vets will get screwed again .

yup we will remember but the voting public at large has a relatively short political memory generally speaking a year after an election and a year prior high end .

so if they do intend on fracking us on this issue you can very well expect it to happen in that aprox 2 year sweet spot .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Tue 22 Dec 2015, 13:14

If they do go back to monthly payouts instead of a lump sum, it will be interesting to see how they make it equitable. I would imagine that you would have to see how much the veteran would have been entitled to with a monthly pension and divide by how many months it has been since they received the lump sum. And then start the monthly pension after the amount of the lump sum would have been gone had they instead had received it via monthly pension.

I think they should also give the option to soldiers to have a lump sum or a monthly penison...in certain circumstances and only with an in depth understanding of the financial implications.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 22 Dec 2015, 10:32

I fully agree propat, but by every indication, they're not rushing on the monthly pension promise, whether that is a good thing or not is a bit of a contentious point. But I don't want them to wait and fix everything at once, if there are changes that can be made now.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 09:14

ya buds I will not I mean AT ALL . that one issue alone causes more suffering for disable vets than ALL the others combined . if they JUST do that one in this budget that would make me happy . yup it helps me none where the ELB thing would BUT I aint suffering well fiscally speaking anyway . not great but my ship aint a sinkin .

some of the guys effected by the buyout are losing there houses , families and yes lives because of this unholy thing . and it doesent get better the way this thing is designed things get worse as time goes on so time IS A HUGE factor in this.

not hard to get this right just go with the PA pension . its been around for a long time now if there were something inherently major wrong with it someone would have said something by now .

besides this seems to be what the vast majority of vets want and think is fair anyway so its a win win .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 22 Dec 2015, 07:32

I'm trying to be optimistic here, but the MVA stated that things like the ELB are part of the budget process, as many of us expected. So even if the main promise of bringing back monthly pensions is delayed, so they get it right on the first attempt, if they act on all the other promises with this budget, I will still be happy.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Dec 2015, 07:22

yes wildthing PA pension to be precise and right fracking now is the time.

GET THIS DONE NOW!!!

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 22 Dec 2015, 07:04

No problem on trying to reach out to the MVA. I just want them to support their troops.  We are the front lines and loneliness doesn't even compare to the challenge that we seem to always be facing while dealing with Veterans Affairs Canada.

http://themindunleashed.org/2014/05/heres-facebook-brain-kind-shocking.html

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

TIME WILL TELL PINGER
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 21 Dec 2015, 20:17

Great effort and communicado on your part Danny.

Brasidas... you nailed it, period. Same shyte different day... year... or decade.

I remain optimistic. But I do not stand by, or hold my breathe for many words.

Here's a snapshot summary... were fracked.  Use that as a baseline and fight like
the devil for your / our rights while your still breathing.
pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 37 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 37  Next