Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

+16
Brasidas
prawnstar
chillier76
Slaket
Sapper Zodiak
Recon031
johnny211
rucksack031
czerv
Teentitan
Rifleman
Kramer
bigrex
BinRat
Dannypaj
pinger
20 posters

Page 32 of 37 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37  Next

Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 32 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by bigrex Tue 10 Nov 2015, 19:26

I'm not trying to stir the pot, but this guy is a civilian. For all we know, he thinks that injuries can only occur from combat. Someone who has never served would not realize just how dangerous a career, and that a great deal of VAC clients were injured during training, or accidents that had nothing to do with combat.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 32 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Guest Tue 10 Nov 2015, 18:26

Rex , looking at the Globe And Mail article once again for the most part when the MVA speaks he seems to be geared towards talking about those Veterans who are returning from "COMBAT"
He also refers to "SUICIDE" but again suicide from soldiers returning from combat.
With respect to the word "REVIEW" he says “We have to review the entire playbook at Veterans Affairs with an eye to the issues surrounding our men and women leaving " COMBAT.”
I agree with you that he does not talk about benefits - or promises were waiting for , but the review in itself seems to be geared only towards those returning from combat , not how VAC conducts their business as a whole.

The only thing the MVA said that would in my view be outside of the Combat , Suicide , Mental Health , and finally the review is this ;

" Mr. Hehr said only that the Liberals will “do what’s necessary to fill our promises” and he would ensure the money that’s necessary is there for former soldiers. "

So for all we know the whole article could very well be about soldiers who return from combat an are at risk for suicide , which I have no problem with that , an again I agree with your post Rex......but this still leaves out the facts behind the details of what they have promised.
It would be nice to hear at least some details about those promises made , like the lifelong pension , this to give us some Idea of where they stand today on it , do they have a plan already in place , are they working on writing the draft , define the lifelong pensions that they promised as it refers to the old pension act.
This is the kind of info that I have been expecting to hear about heading into remembrance day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Nov 2015, 08:11

On a wing and a prayer, Csat needs the Navrat back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Nov 2015, 06:22

ya nav lets here one buds.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Nov 2015, 04:11

NAVRAT- sure could use a prayer to keep the liberal party and our new MVA on the right path how about it buddy don't keep us hanging

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 21:40

well said ruck .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Mon 09 Nov 2015, 21:35

As usual great posts, passage of info well appreciated. I was able to pass on to three young soldiers this week-end all still serving, and going through some of the same old crap, many of you have had to endure, they are now a lot more informed because of this Site, Thanks. I have a obligation to help all Vets the best I can , especially when these Three Soldiers are my nephews. I explained that there is lot of young and old dogs like there uncle out there fighting for them so hopefully they wont have to go through what others had to. With that being said, I will sum up with this GET HEHR DONE.
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 09 Nov 2015, 20:14

bigrex said " He said "review the playbook. In other words... " I hope your right bigrex, I really do. Time will tell come next spring and next summer.
Thanks for that clear contact info Sparrow. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 19:46

Excellent observation there Rex.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 19:37

The Honourable Kent Hehr, P.C., M.P.
Associate Minister of National Defence, Minister of Veterans Affairs

Parliament Hill:

Department:
Veterans Affairs
66 Slater Street, 14th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0P4
Telephone: 613-996-4649

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 09 Nov 2015, 19:21

He said "review the playbook". In other words, they are going to be looking at how VAC operates, ie: how they make decisions, NOT review the "benefits" themselves, or even the promises that were made. It only makes sense that a new government would want to review how the department handles their business, when you have Veterans complaining that they have been forsaken by VAC, not just not getting enough money. The changes to the benefits were rather cut and dry, for the most part. Disability compensation will be paid as a monthly pension, with the option to take a lump sum instead. ELB is simply increasing the calculations from 75% to 90%, nothing else needs to change with that benefit. The only thing that is up in the air, IMO, is the PIA. They said that they will expand PIA program. What is unclear is if that means getting it to more Veterans, giving more to the Veterans who qualify, or a combination of both.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 19:14

LMAO@PROPAT

Back to top Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 32 Empty MVA Hehr Ottawa Contact Info

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 18:38

Mailing Address:
The Honourable Kent Hehr
Veterans Affairs Canada
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0P4

Email Address:

minister_ministre@vac-acc.gc.ca

Contact Minister via on line at this link https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/department-officials/minister/contact

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 18:32

danny YOU direct and to the point ?????never seen that coming lol. i guess next wildthing will say he will be very blunt .

crazy ol world aint it.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 09 Nov 2015, 17:17

Sparrow and I think that is you rifleman, it is nice to see both your avatars on the MVA facebook page. Mine is next and I will be direct and straight to the point.
When is your first formal speech?
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 37 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37  Next