Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

+16
Brasidas
prawnstar
chillier76
Slaket
Sapper Zodiak
Recon031
johnny211
rucksack031
czerv
Teentitan
Rifleman
Kramer
bigrex
BinRat
Dannypaj
pinger
20 posters

Page 5 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 37  Next

Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 5 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jan 2016, 14:01

That is receiving a one sided opinion maybe they want to do it right and fix the whole mess at once. im not going to run into a building full of isis fighters when i can blow it up and build a new one that would just be stupid, just saying.

Back to top Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 5 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Teentitan Fri 08 Jan 2016, 13:40

Actually wild thing that is a typical politician boiler plate answer....I'm new to the portfolio and I have to learn.

There is a reason there is a civilian that is the Deputy Minister for each government department.

The incoming MP gets a thorough briefing from the DM and the Minister tells him his parties vision of what they want. At that point the DM tells the Minister who to talk to in the department to get the ball rolling to make the changes.

There is nothing stopping the Minister to give us a sit rep on what they are doing and how they are going about it.

The only thing they don't think about is involving us in the creation process. If only they did it would fix a lot of problems before it's put on paper.

I'm tired of not getting an update. There is absolutely zero excuse as to why Hehr has not spoken to us to date. Quite honestly it's insulting.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jan 2016, 13:31

Well ladies and gentlemen there are many ways to improve veterans issues maybe they have thought up a system that will be outstanding and address all the major issues involving serving members and veterans. We have been jerked around so long we have very fast burning fuses these days. these people are new to this situation and it takes time to take it all in we know whats wrong and can go in a straight line they have to zig zag to cover all the ground to make the best informed decision. Then if need be we correct them. All i want is a decent charter decent pa and go back into hibernation and forget this nightmare ever took place if possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 08 Jan 2016, 10:13

I agree with both Slaket, in terms of limiting Vets to 100%. Each disability should be assessed separately, and if that adds upto over 100%, then so be it. I also agree with wild thing that it is too early to completely write off the Liberals. True, more info and transparency would be preferred, but as long as the budget contains concrete changes to benefits, following through with those campaign promises, and not just more half measures, I'll be satisfied.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jan 2016, 10:01

Let's wait and see what they come up with, it is hard to be transparent when there is more than a decade of shady dealings to rework and nothing is finalized yet. homeless are getting the attention they never got before. The budget will tell a tail 300mil extra will not fix the problem 3bil might. A large budget for vets then transparency as to how it will be spent is what interest me and a new attitude and policy changes. Expect better treatment in the future i'm cautiously optimistic...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jan 2016, 09:55

Well said Slaket.

Back to top Go down

Post by Slaket Fri 08 Jan 2016, 09:06

Well I can almost say for sure that I will NOT be voting Liberal again in 4 years!
I have waited long enough and with no action or even a peep out of the Liberals. You know even a sitrep would have satisfied me for a couple more months. You can be damn sure that the MVA and staff and VAC are on here reading our comments.
Their one job is to provide support and a better QOL for all veterans on behave of the people of Canada and they cant even do that..

I have also been giving some thought to the limit of disability compensation which is capped at 100%.
How can this even be considered fair settlement.  
example....okay you have injured your foot..70%
your left arm..30% and your right arm 0%..
all 3 directly related to your military profession but from 3 different events...
however your right arm does not deserve or is worthy of any financial compensation for pain and suffering or diminished quality of life..

Yet if in 3 different civilian car accidents or work related accidents.. there would be no cap.
Each event would have its own merit...
the 100% accumulative cap is unjust!!!
And if not...then the granting of 100% is justification for immediate qualification for TPI...!!! and PIA/PIA Supp.... no hoops to jump through or paperwork to be completed if the VAC computer flags the VET at 100% that's it!!  Done deal..  They cant have it both ways... oh we say you are 100%...but don't acknowledge it for other benefits..

Slaket
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2015-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jan 2016, 08:00

PTSD cannot be healed buddy only managed it is like a drug being released in the brain you have a high then you come crashing down then you will have another brief high then the crash again were basiclly addicts with a drug addiction thats why med's work for some and pot for the ones who want an organic solution. an even keel is the key. Have a question does vac pay for organic as my raz is very addictive and i use it very sparingly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Fri 08 Jan 2016, 06:50

Thanks Brasidas, I have been in this fight since 1998, only problem is that I am a lot older and wiser.  I clearly see the dishonour/disservice the whole process from A-Z did to me.  
I would love for one snot noised civilian to experience being on high alert to being sent to SPL and then into a world of despair, then come and talk to me about getting better or recovering.
2016, I thought when the new year bell rang that I would be healed and all would be better, nope.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasidas Fri 08 Jan 2016, 06:36

Never give up Danny tomorrow is another day. Everything can change.

Brasidas
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2012-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Fri 08 Jan 2016, 06:22

One can't help getting more and more pissed off as each day goes by. I am reading so much about the irresponsible/lack of treatment for veterans. VRAB, VAC, BPA you name it! it is all a crock of shit! LMFAO, charging an ex military for telling an officer where to go....but if your injured while serving they can wash their hands clean of it. Are system is setup for veterans like myself to either A. Give up B. Keep fighting C. Live with it .
I am tired of all three.
Reading the article that is posted in the NEWS section of CSAT reaffirms this for myself.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jan 2016, 20:26

Anyway the age of these vet's suggest to me it was not all peace keeping Teen maybe alot was, but my guess is Canadian military abuse was the initial problem followed by more of the same after release from the institutions that were set up to supposibly help us they new alot of vets would give up rather than suffer more rejection an abuse that's why alot are claiming and speaking up now and places like csat is helping.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jan 2016, 16:12

i never had a medical team bigrex, the regiment decided my physio therapy shoveling driveways moving furniture standing for hours on the parade square on crutches cast from nuts to ankle knee full of staples in so much pain you lose your vision all you see is a collidiscope of colors and your brain shuts down and ceases to function two years of the surgeons hacking away at my leg and the regiment fking up their work. day after day we heard our cwo say how many sick lame and lazy f---ers do i have to torture today. He was not joking we were prisoners you done it or you went to jail that was your choices and your pay ceases no money for family. thats the military i remember.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jan 2016, 15:45

ELB and a CM to meet with the man or woman being released saying you have nothing to worry about we will look after you and help you every step of the way will create trust and elliminate homeless veterans. Because the here you go here's your pin you crippled sack of shyte now F---O-- and just try and claim injury's, really isn't working in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 07 Jan 2016, 15:34

I think one thing that would be beneficial is opening up military hospitals to Veterans. For me, one of the biggest issues when I first released was losing my medical treatment team, being released just over a month after having my third knee surgery. I never got to see the surgeon for a follow up, or my physiotherapist, and I feel that caused me a great deal of problems with that knee, because it was never rehabed properly. I also lost access to my psychiatrist, after having spent several months on stress leave, and bi-weekly appointments, then nothing.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 37  Next