Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

+16
Brasidas
prawnstar
chillier76
Slaket
Sapper Zodiak
Recon031
johnny211
rucksack031
czerv
Teentitan
Rifleman
Kramer
bigrex
BinRat
Dannypaj
pinger
20 posters

Page 3 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 37  Next

Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 3 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Teentitan Tue 12 Jan 2016, 10:55

Trooper I can take the review statement by Hehr because it is obvious to him by now that the lifelong pension is not an easy fix. It's going to lead to a new Act.

I don't want this one to be rushed and screwed up. So if it takes 12 - 18 months to write it and pass it then so be it. BUT if Hehr is smart he has plain old veterans on the panel from each decade for input. Vet orgs are great but like I have said many times they all have an agenda and igonore each other's problems.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 3 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by pinger Tue 12 Jan 2016, 10:41

Re: KENT HEHR to speak on Friday

Teen wrote "Sorry Danny but he's speaking at a luncheon for businessmen....his club. We are going to get jack-squat of info."

That was exactly my thought yesterday. Just some Canadian club at the Canadian club.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Tue 12 Jan 2016, 09:28

Man I'm thinking the same thing I have over 13 years worth of files and applications denials appeals reviews and that's just with vac. I also have gone through all the same shit with Sisip and cpp and I still am fighting cpp the fracking paper work I have would fill a fracking MLVW and I am still doing paper work constantly proving disabilities that have been proven over and over just got more paper work in the mail to be filled out to keep TPI DESIGNATON this bullshit has to stop why do I need VAC TO RIMIND ME EVERY FRACKING MOMENT TO REMIND ME HOW FRACKED UP I AM by sending paper work to fill out every frackling time I turn around and you wonder why we have HOMELESS VETS (PAPERWORK ) now if I could just get a MLVW that would actually not breakdown on the way to Ottawa that would be nice and yes I am collecting all my paper work in my house after that is done I will start phase two of the msn

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 12 Jan 2016, 07:58

Trooper, VAC has a trained media relations department who give the same old statements. So to go public, VAC will give the same standard statement " his file is private, so we can  not speak on the matter, but we did get a hold of the individual and blah, blah, blah".
I am sure their are VAC trolls on here reading these post, I would be ignorant not to think other wise.
Boys and girls make it your mandate to tell your fellow brothers and sisters that served or are serving to be very careful of VAC and GOC because they do not care about you one bit, so don't fool yourselves, the suits don't care.
"Some" front line staff at VAC do care because they see it first hand, but not the higher up people, to them we are pee ons to them....I am not making this shit up either.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 12 Jan 2016, 07:48

I am almost willing to open up my file and show the public how one ends up dead or on the streets and I have a 13 year of a paper trail to back up my statements and experiences.
Imagine basically being called a liar by a VRAB!
I am a young modern veteran and I will not stand being lied to, once by VRAB and now by an newly elected Liberal government.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jan 2016, 06:48

If they delay getting those promises implemented or they continue to use words like review , study , working on it an so forth they will soon learn the power of the media in the form of letting the whole Country know what is going on with the Veteran file.

Their only in power for 4 years an if they want another 4 they better perform an act as they said an promised they would.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 12 Jan 2016, 06:29

$10,000 dollars an hour to fly the PM planes to a vacation spot in the Caribbean and I am feeling bad for asking for help.
Big problem here!
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 12 Jan 2016, 06:08

If the "A" holes in Ottawa  could just be straight shooters! If they can not fulfill their promises at this point due to fiscal restraint, I "may" be okay with that, but to have us "veterans" left in the dark what the F is with that.....................................GIVE US AN UPDATE.  
I wake up in the morning and I am always "on" and for the most part I am always "angry" and the first thought that pops up in my head is the situation which I find myself in, which at times is good and other times bad, but it always comes back to the trauma of my passed experiences while serving (like groundhog day) in the forces that trigger the bad and VAC seems to have a bigger trigger.

Assumption is the cause of all major F ups, so let us not assume but be informed in order to be better served.
Peace of mind and quality of life and right at this moment my "quality of life sucks",......yes, because the head games with VAC....
Let's hope it doesn't take four years! Some of us could be dead by then..............No photo ops with these clowns until they fix the NVC.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 12 Jan 2016, 03:01

Sorry Danny but he's speaking at a luncheon for businessmen....his club. We are going to get jack-squat of info.

I heard that a really loud thud and some minor ground movement happened in PEI last week. Specifically in the Charlottetown area. Just to let you know that was the Liberal party being bounced off the bureaucratic wall of reality.

So buckle up, keep your hands inside the car because it is going to be a long, very long ride to the top. I'm going to go with what others are guessing 4 years.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Mon 11 Jan 2016, 19:14

[quote="trooper"]So let me get this straight..."The direction from government to the department is clear, but that direction comes from the Campaign and the department is now in the process of finding out what the different advocates specifically meant when they successfully lobbied the government to include those items in the platform".
To many chiefs an not enough Indians...so the promises were made without fully understanding them ? ]

Yes Trooper like saying we will have 25,000 refugees here by 31 Dec 15. Anyone with half a brain would know it would be logistically impossible to do. So they spend millions on winterizing cadet camps and sending people to Jordan to work their asses off over the Christmas Holidays and only bring in a fraction of what they had promised. It has happened many times where a politician has made promises he can't keep cause he doesn't know WTF is going on. It's the same old story all the time. Hurry up and wait. Mr McCallum always looks and sounds like he has had a few too many.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 11 Jan 2016, 18:27

Well said Rifleman at 12:15... utter bull-shyte bureaucracy.
Same crap. Seen it over and over and over for fracking years.
It's taxing and I really get tired of it some days...

Stay very well all. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 11 Jan 2016, 15:51

KENT HEHR to speak on Friday

Let's see what he has to say on Friday I guess

http://www.660news.com/2016/01/11/kent-hehr-to-speak-this-friday-in-calgary/
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jan 2016, 15:35

So let me get this straight..."The direction from government to the department is clear, but that direction comes from the Campaign and the department is now in the process of finding out what the different advocates specifically meant when they successfully lobbied the government to include those items in the platform".

Well..well..well..it means exactly what the platform promises said !

To many chiefs an not enough Indians...so the promises were made without fully understanding them ?
Or is it the MVA has ordered the promises to be implemented an the department which has been ordered to do this is reaching out to learn exactly what is meant by those promises ?

Like some of you have said it's fine to say their working on it an it is complex an their learning but where do they draw the line in this , an find individuals who understand the promises in letting them make the implementations.
I also agree with some here in saying this could go on forever leaving us all no further ahead.

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Mon 11 Jan 2016, 13:33

As I said previously, the mantra is "we will study it for four years and, shortly before election, we will promise you, tha when you re-elect us: we will implement some of the studied issues."
We always support our Veterans and we decide what is good for you.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Slaket Mon 11 Jan 2016, 12:42

Something as important as Veterans and they want to get it right so it will take time...
But have no fear you can drop the MVA a tweet.. Did we not recently have a MVA that did not want to talk directly to Vet's.. Late for meetings...or just ignorant..Yup we DID...the key word being *did* Minister Hehr.

The air is starting to smell of the same old shit pile of the past.

I was so proud to wear my uniform for 30 years but am ashamed of the way we are treated when no longer seen of any value..

Slaket
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2015-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 37  Next