Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MVA Hehr heading to Ottawa today

+4
Rifleman
bigrex
pinger
Dannypaj
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

MVA Hehr heading to Ottawa today Empty Re: MVA Hehr heading to Ottawa today

Post by Guest Sat 20 Feb 2016, 12:08

Danny that is a good article an thanks for posting it...but just to be clear on the article itself...it is true that the comments that follow below are new...the article itself is nothing new to CSAT...this article was posted by pinger in the NOTICES category section of the Forum on Jan 20th of this year.

It goes to show how well informed we here at CSAT really are...it is all of the good members who take pride in sharing what they find to post on the Forum as to what they believe can help others understand better what is happening on a daily basis that affects us all.
That's what it's all about an when I see someone from the outside posting an article 30 or so days after it has been posted here on CSAT by one of our members on the very same day the article was written...it proves how well CSAT is really working...it proves commitments among ourselves to share an help one another.

So you should all give yourselves a pat on the back for being not only loyal to CSAT.... but also loyal to one another.

Back to top Go down

Post by Slaket Sat 20 Feb 2016, 10:16

Yes very good info..
I believe that this came about from all the flack over the last month or so from Vets and supporters... Well done my brothers and sisters!!

Hope the new monthly pension is tax free..

As the MVA states.. Vets will be responsible for the correct choice..

In the eyes of a young Vet..the lump sum looks great..a big cheque equates to a new truck..bike..trip etc. I hope they can access some sort of financial guidance so that they look at the future when that monthly pension would be more beneficial..

And for those NVC vets..2006 until present..It will be interesting on how they will deal with us..

But we now have a sense of direction yet no definitive timeline.. all in all it is positive..

Slaket
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2015-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 20 Feb 2016, 09:31

Maybe some peace of mind for all who have battled this fight. Maybe our tarps and ground sheets can be folded up and put away for good. Maybe VAC and DND finally get it.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 20 Feb 2016, 09:27

I know eh! This article highlights the rumor that are going around in Ottawa for sure. Read the comments below as well, fingers crossed. Veterans finally treated well? I hope so, respecting a single Veteran can go along way. Peace, Love and awaiting the budget, in the meantime apply for your CFONE card today.

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Feb 2016, 08:24

Thank you Dannypaj, that is a good article and it is very promising.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 20 Feb 2016, 06:39

LUMP SUM vs PA updated news article, found it on Mr. Blais FaceBook page.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/politics/injured-veterans-to-get-choice-over-pensions-or-lump-sum-payments
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Feb 2016, 20:45

I want the proper transition to stop the homeless parade and suicides in it's tracks not now but right now.
I also want the homeless to have housing and addictions taken care of and given ELB to those capable of managing their own finances. This is going to be a long drawn out process as it is going to involve social workers outside of vac to assist with normal day to day living and finances some may not be able to be helped so they should be considered for the long term care facilities vac now operates for ww2 vet's.
As for the rest of us they know what is lacking just fix it already...

Just a stupid commoner's assessment on the situation HON Kent king Hehr.

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Fri 19 Feb 2016, 11:26

Just have to make sure that they do not get more than 6? years for their gov pensions

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Feb 2016, 11:12

startin to look like another government that needs to be tossed to the curb .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Feb 2016, 11:11

hey wildthing no probs you can have half .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by jack22 Fri 19 Feb 2016, 09:43

Today I would like to clarify what I wrote yesterday. The Minister is at command. I grant him the responsibilities of Minister of veterans were all new for him during his swearing-in, but that it more or less four months ago. I think that the Department of Veterans Affairs is a minor Department within the Government of the Canada.
Minister's mandate is SIMPLE. Insofar as the impact of its implementation at the national level are not controversial. Compared to large departments such as industry and commerce, transportation, public safety, defence etc. found them echo from one ocean to another. When I think it seems to me that a platoon of a Junior Leader Course or Senior Leader Course could make a viable plan of the departmental mandate in a week.
The seat of the frustration for me is much more in the lack of communication with us, the veterans that implementation of the promises as such.
Minister we veterans agreed to serve our country. We have put our quality of life, our physical and mental integrity in the balance without forgetting the impacts on our spouses and our children. As our commitment was without reservation, despite the danger we went on a mission in different theatre of operations military abroad and home here in the country.
It seems to me that the minimum of the minimum that is due is respect. And in my opinion the best way to respect is to fulfill your promise or at least keep us informed of the progress of the files linked to expectations that are your departmental mandate.
More information equals less anxiety, less depressive feelings, less anger and possibly less prescription medication and alternative medicine like alcool.

Byby now i am going to get more medecation

jack22
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Feb 2016, 09:13

Energizer Bunny is too busy with his Twitter and Facebook accounts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Feb 2016, 07:25

Trooper he has to be involved in both sides of the fence to do it right. The problem is he is not involved in either just photo op's a fkn figure head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Feb 2016, 07:12

Here's the thing with our MVA...like I have said all along he is a decent person with very good intentions but jack is exactly right !
He needs to take command of his promises...he cannot an should not just pass it down to his staff an wait for the results.
He needs to set timelines an needs to direct this ( Directly ) to his staff.

We hear on CSAT know the ins and outs of what these promises mean...we understand the system of getting these implemented...we understand the mindset of both the MVA an the bureaucrats involved in getting this done.
It's not going to wash without backlash from Veterans groups.

When the Liberals were campaigning for the election they went out to seek what it was that Veterans wanted...they used this info in setting out their promises to Veterans.
However...there's one problem here...the Liberals had no first hand knowledge as to what it was.... they have promised.
That is why your seeing everything passed down to the bureaucrats...in the mind of the MVA the bureaucrats are the experts on this an it looks like he has given them the promises to implement the way in which they see fit.

The bureaucrats are not going to rush anything through...they want their work to last over the four years...they will implement things in this fashion keeping enough work in place to satisfy their own selves...this has always been the way they operate...their very good at stating how complex things are.

I don't mean to sound negative here...but like I have been saying all along...there's a new approach in how benefits are being implemented to Veterans by our government...they may well say it's one Veteran - one standard...but it's in no way shape or form one Veteran - one standard.
The old pension act meant one Veteran - one standard...this NVC style of benefits is meant to brake apart the one Veteran - one standard approach an takes away the across the board fairness to all Veterans post 2006.
It is simply a nightmare that will not go away...the Minister has the power today to fix this right if he wanted too...but he has not showed that he wants to take this route...this new approach that I speak of is echoed throughout the bureaucrats that are now in charge of finding ways to implement those promises...it is simply a circus of bureaucrats trying to figure out a way to implement things using this approach... at the same time trying to implement them in a way that looks good enough to please the Veteran community.
We all saw this with the Conservatives last year when they implemented those benefits.

Again...I'm not impressed with the way things are going with respect to how our MVA is handling our file an his staff...every time he speaks...he shows lack of leadership as our Minister.
Veterans don't want to wait four years for what was promised...they want those promises implemented an if the MVA cannot take command of this...perhaps someone else should be appointed his position...not two positions...one position as Minister of Veterans Affairs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Feb 2016, 07:09

Well to me it seems we are a low priority, it is so easy to say yes were bringing back the PA. Nothing mention on ELB either. This budget is going to give us nothing but more Refugees that is where the money will be spent. I don't know why serving soldiers with 5 years or less are not putting in their releases by the thousands. These would be considered the commoners with brawn no brains. They must see the GOC will not take care of them if injured, but don't mind sending them into harms way to the hell holes of the world without proper protection. Then bringing them home to battle civi life without proper financial security. If i could give them one day of my suffering there would be a mass exodus from the military. And the government would have this fixed in a week. They have one year to fix it and give us back the PA or i will never step foot into another polling station as i don't like stepping in dog schitt. There is no HONOR in our governments only waste, lies, ignorance and a pure lack of common decency, are these morons born like this or do they learn it threw education maybe there should be a study on that. Well their not dragging me back into that dark pit. It is time for the serving members to step to the plate rally and put in there release papers in unison the world is not a scary place when your healthy and there are a multitude of oportunities for those who leave their brawn behind and use their brains. We can battle this on parliment hill we can battle this in court but the only ones who can win the war is still serving soldiers they have the power to end this war right know in my opinion that is the only thing that will work and it is to their advantage to do so. There is no honor in serving your country just misery in my opinion.

Propat buddy how about sharing that bologna sandwich.

Last edited by wild thing on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 07:18; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next