Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MVA Hehr heading to Ottawa today

+4
Rifleman
bigrex
pinger
Dannypaj
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

MVA Hehr heading to Ottawa today - Page 2 Empty Re: MVA Hehr heading to Ottawa today

Post by Dannypaj Fri 19 Feb 2016, 06:02

Every single Veteran I know is either scared of Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) or can not seem to get a straight answer without "the run around", it is truly a sin.  
My heart bleeds every day for all of us dealing with VAC.
The childish games politicians play, keeping in mind it is played with the minds of the "brave" men and women of Canada, it is an absolute disgrace.
How does a government govern knowing that they are squashing peoples quality of life and adding stress to misery.  
"I want to get it right", well when will this happen?
Is this the way it was envisioned to unfold once JT was elected? For some "yes" and for some "no".  
I for one shake my head and think to myself  "no way!"  I did not vote for you to fly in 50000 people into Canada,  I voted for you to help CANADA'S VETERANS

So BY THE LEFT QUICK MARCH ! ! !  Please get it done ! the sooner the better..lol, some of my older Veteran friends are in rough shape.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

MVA Hehr heading to Ottawa today - Page 2 Empty Re: MVA Hehr heading to Ottawa today

Post by Teentitan Thu 18 Feb 2016, 21:09

Last week, Hehr ordered his department to establish a new priorities secretariat that will focus on three key issues — homelessness, support for veterans’ families, and support for those transitioning to civilian careers.

This is the person that holds the power for future STAKE Holders meetings. Only problem is the meetings will be about the 3 topics only. This guy has to produce results for Hehr and the rest of the Liberal Ministers involved with the homeless issue.

One other very important statement made by the Hehr on the link posted by Sparrow...
Based on MVA Hehr's comments in this interview he suggests that Veterans will be in a better position in 4 years then they are now so that leads me to think that we are early days yet in getting the results we are seeking.

This can be interpretted two ways:
1. Yes he wants to make sure to do it right
2. Another campaign promise in 2019.

Like jack22 said Hehr is good at DND....deligate n' disappear! This is not good. The bureaucrats have the reigns and is driving the wagon in the direction they want. Blackburn and Blaney did this and they had very little impact on the department.

This is what happens when the VAC Minister has two portfolio's the eye for detail falls by the wayside.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Feb 2016, 20:07

RIGHT NOT RUSHED !!!!!!

right is the PA pension that's it that's all .

you cant frack that up its impossible !!!!!

it can be done any time they fracking well want .

what fracking moronic steak holders is this guy listening to anyway the legion or any of the other mooks who thought the NVC was a great idea hoping to screw over new vets once again so they can get even more just to have lobster with their steak.

wholy frickity frack read your emails and listen to ACTUAL NVC vets about what to do about the NVC .

STOP LISTENING TO THE STEAK HOLDERS!!!

START LISTENING TO THE BOLOGNA HOLDERS !!!!

GET IT DONE!!!

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by jack22 Thu 18 Feb 2016, 19:40

In my opinion it is time for the minister to take politics decisions instead of giving his ministery staff to decide the administrative way to go! Sorry folks but my hope level in falling down faster than my rhum and coke!

jack22
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Feb 2016, 19:15

Thanks for the link Sparrow ....I hear you Rifleman ....sounds like his taken it one year at a time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Thu 18 Feb 2016, 19:06

Spew spew spew tell us something we didn't already know the more I here the more I think this is going to take

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Feb 2016, 18:51

trooper wrote:Our Minister was on power play with Don Martin CTV NEWS this evening.

He was asked about the lifelong pension ?

He said that that he doesn't want to rush ...he wants to get it right.

Here is the link to the interview between MVA Hehr and Don Martin on Power Play.
Based on MVA Hehr's comments in this interview he suggests that Veterans will be in a better position in 4 years then they are now so that leads me to think that we are early days yet in getting the results we are seeking.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=811974

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Feb 2016, 18:18

Our Minister was on power play with Don Martin CTV NEWS this evening.

He was asked about the lifelong pension ?

He said that that he doesn't want to rush ...he wants to get it right.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 18 Feb 2016, 17:52

Don't know who wrote the article, but let me emphasize two lines of it. (My underlines)

" Canada's veterans minister says the issue of homelessness among ex-soldiers is at the top of his agenda... "

and

" Hehr says he's had talks with other ministers about the government's planned increase in social housing and how that might affect veterans, but he cautioned it is too early to say what the Liberals might do. "

Well at least the cold weather alert has gone away today where I live. That's beats political rhetoric in the here and now hands down.

TOP of his agenda??? If that is the case why wasn't it implemented 2+ month's ago?

I guess agenda's come and agenda's just go. Same old snafu.

Just my opinion..
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Feb 2016, 15:59

Homelessness among veterans to be a top priority for Liberals: Hehr

OTTAWA — Canada's veterans minister says the issue of homelessness among ex-soldiers is at the top of his agenda, but it is something that the Trudeau Liberals will tackle in a government-wide manner.

Kent Hehr spoke to the annual Conference of Defence Associations Institute meeting in Ottawa, saying that his department has never been equipped — nor had a mandate — to deal with the issue.

He says the department has been focused on the delivery of benefits and other programs.

A recent study by Employment and Social Development Canada found there are at least 2,250 homeless veterans in the country, but the department cautions the data is far from complete.

The figures come from a database which tracks 60 emergency shelters across the country.

Hehr says he's had talks with other ministers about the government's planned increase in social housing and how that might affect veterans, but he cautioned it is too early to say what the Liberals might do.

Last week, Hehr ordered his department to establish a new priorities secretariat that will focus on three key issues — homelessness, support for veterans’ families, and support for those transitioning to civilian careers.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/canada/1343047-homelessness-among-veterans-to-be-a-top-priority-for-liberals-hehr

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 18 Feb 2016, 06:52

Dear Honourable Kent Hehr it is your time to shine?
http://www.parl.gc.ca/sencommitteebusiness/CommitteeStudies.aspx?parl=41&ses=2&Language=E&comm_id=1079
Not sure if this is the latest edition of what is taking place?

We have to fix this and end the scrimmage for all Veterans.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Feb 2016, 13:17

Very well said Rex !

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 17 Feb 2016, 12:58

Personally, I would rather trust the opinion of someone who has actually lived and experienced the subject matter, over someone who merely studied it, regardless of how many degrees they have. Like the author is a professor at the Naval War College, but unless he has actually participated in naval warfare, even simulated warfare, I would accept the expertise of a career sailor, over his. And the same goes for Veterans benefits. Unless the person has experienced the same thing that we have, and dealt with the physical and mental repercussions of a military life, they have no expertise on how we should be treated. When the PA was written, the vast majority of politicians, and most likely the bureaucracy, were Veterans, and it offered a complete package for Veterans, not just pain and suffering compensation. It was only after those Veterans retired, that the PA started to be diminished, slowly repealing benefits such as paid university degrees, small business loans, low interest mortgages etc. While the NVC was written by bureaucrats that had never served, and voted on by politicians that the vast majority had never served, and it was very apparent that their so called expertise had very little to do with making our lives better, and more with saving money.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 17 Feb 2016, 08:36

?
http://thefederalist.com/2014/01/17/the-death-of-expertise/

Empowering information, just powerful and left speechless as per always trying to silence commoners.

P.s Found this article on the MVA's FaceBook site and wondered why he would post it...
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Feb 2016, 06:56

lmao @ wild thing .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next