Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Sisip LTd money

+2
1993firebird
pinger
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Not Sisip LTd money Empty Re: Not Sisip LTd money

Post by LawnBoy77777 Thu 18 Aug 2016, 16:33

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2015-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Thu 18 Aug 2016, 16:32

Trooper, SISIP LTD policy 901102 is an Administrative Service Only (ASO) policy but that is kept secret.

The CDS assumed control of SISIP LTD on 01MAR90 from TBS, who had taken it over in 1982. There is talk of DND taking it over in 2017.

Look up the RCMP's Great West Life plan is a copy of SISIP & is corrupt (OAG 2006 Fall report chapter 9). Therefore, I suspect SISIP LTD is corrupt. It has never been independently audited. They started in 2009 but claimed to run out of money to pay KPMG!😁

I'll likely be the star witness in their trial. They are crooks.

In 2009, SISIP LTD spent $20 Million admin expenses for payments to vets of $40 Million, 50%. By comparison, Sun Life is 6%, CPPD is 3% & PSMIP is 4.5% (last one is guestimate, I recall the others exactly).

At least it is better than 2003: they spent 200% more than they paid to vets!

I'm trying to organize a Royal Commission into this mess.

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2015-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Fri 27 May 2016, 21:44

Just a reflection. Teen wrote " ...I just don't want that info to twist me on the inside." Not to take that out of context (regarding sisip).

But VAC (GoC) can play that same twist in our heads like a cold that doesn't go away.

So why do I keep sneezing..... ?

Meanwhile... sisip is just another flavour of shyte.

Always was.

Stay very well all.  jmo pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Fri 27 May 2016, 21:16

Teen who says I'm sane! I really have had no trouble with any, VAC , Cppd , Sisip LTd so I'm good! Do I listen to the bar talk at the legion, yes I'm guilty of that, what bothers me the most is how unfair the system is! Some get everything while others who deserve to get the same have to wipe chrome off a bumper just to get peanuts! I guess I could hang back and not let it bother me but it does especially when 10 or 15 under 30 year old reserves who are Afghan vets sit at the bar and have nothing because most have blew their lump sums and most never really got large lump sums and have to fight Vac for eye glasses.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 27 May 2016, 20:23

Rex it would be good to know the funds that go this way and that. It would most likely only infuriate us.

But, as there is always a but, as long as I get from SISIP what I am entitled to and what I think is fair I'm good because I just don't want that info to twist me on the inside.

Nav as long as you can take your Cuba trips and wear your hat to keep your sanity why are you allowing the Legion stitch and bitch gossip bother you? If your good then go with it.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 May 2016, 16:39

Navrat yes the government but no to the insurance company , remember the government owns the policy therefore it is the government who is in control and responsible.

The courts is definitely a very good source of support for Veterans , just look at the SISIP Lawsuit and how Barnes helped so many Veterans , past and future.

What I would like to see today is all stop with any advocating or any contact with our MVA , a total boycott with only focusing on the public , the media and the courts.
The Equitas suit to me has put a full stop to the faith I have on our file concerning the reaction of late from our MVA.
The MVA knows the suit will take years to complete and he also knows it will cost the government more money to keep fighting us but it has become crystal clear he doesn't care.
Again it is true that his working on some promises , and that might be OK with some , but the failure to stop the Equitas suit is a clear signal that the biggest and most effective promise of his mandate letter is now in the hands of the courts , therefore I no longer see the need to waste time with a person who has failed us all in the biggest possible way.

JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Fri 27 May 2016, 16:19

I've come to the conclusion that no government, no insurance company, nobody is a friend of veterans! They only help when it benefits them. I truly believe the only way forward is thru the courts for any and every issue because that way if we win, they have no choice!

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 May 2016, 16:18

The way I understand it to work is that the SISIP LTD is group insurance plan for the Canadian Armed Forces Personnel.

It is sponsored by the Treasury Board of Canada.

The Chief of Defence Staff is the policy owner.

Manulife is the insurer.

The LTD is administered and managed by Manulife.

SISIP is responsible and accountable to the policy owner for the delivery of the program to eligible CAF personnel.

With regards to Manulife being your friend or not , well in my own personal experience with them they never once gave me a reason for me to say that they are not my friend.
Perhaps I'm one of the lucky ones but to be honest SISIP has always been good to me , my CM has always answered my questions and was always willing to take the time to explain what was going on with my file during the Class Action Lawsuit.
I think it's important to remember that those working for SISIP are just doing their job as we did when we served.
Any complaints of the program itself should be directed to the CDS which is the policy holder.
Manulife is just the administrator and is hired by the CDS so any policy changes has to come from the CDS.
With that said I'm sure there's individuals that have had some bad experiences with Manulife/SISIP , just like those who have had bad experiences with VAC in terms of the ELB.
But like in both cases , we have options available to us to address or respond to those bad experiences.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 27 May 2016, 15:18

Did I say I'm friends with Manulife? No. I just made a comment about SISIP. The same thing you did so how's about you get off the pot? Just made a comment.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Fri 27 May 2016, 15:16

Teen, do you honestly think Manulife or any insurance company would administer Sisip ltd or anything else for free. It's a private share holding company, get off the pot, any money's donated is probably a cut of the profit and Manulife fully rights off any donation thru tax deductions or other loop holes. Manulife is not your friend!

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 27 May 2016, 14:48

Yes, that may be true, but they are probably using the money from the huge surplus they have built up over the years by denying or low balling LTD benefits. They're certainly not donating their own money. I still want to know how much DND pays Manulife to administer the SISIP program. Chances are it's several times the amount given to the MFRC's.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 27 May 2016, 13:46

Well navrat for a company you say is not giving any money to the CF or vets maybe you should take a closer look of the fine print on the contract the MND holds. Seems SISIP is contracturaly oblibed to give millions to MFRC's....yearly
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Wed 25 May 2016, 01:05

Manual live does vac payments besides SISIP? Though they only do SISIP
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Mon 23 May 2016, 12:37

The merge I speak of is such a small portion of Manulifes business that they wouldn't even notice it. Manulife is one of the largest insurance companies in the world and actually is a registered bank in Canada.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Mon 23 May 2016, 12:35

As a taxpayer merging the two rehab and ltd programs make prudent economic sense! It also pleases the union representing VAC employees!

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next